Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Corpus Comba and Scrambus are too annoying

Cimbro94

Hello there,

I decided to talk about corpus.

This because Today i decided to try an Axi Survival on Pluto Palus,

I was running a Nekros with a Shadows of the dead build, and of course there has been a S#&$-ton of nullifier and combas and scrambus..

At the beginning these two particular type of enemies were not so annoying because they were not touching any of my abilities yet, but then so at about 27 minutes in, (which is by far very little time in mission) a particular type of enemy appeared... it was a Nul-Comba which completely runned against me and i noticed that we was nullifying 3 of my powers.. ( and the most important ones as Terrify, Desecrate and Shadows of the Dead).

In that specific scenario i realized how bs are corpus:

The Nul-Comba was inside a nullifier bubble, with an ancient healer besided him, on top of a sapping osprey mine.

And i was the harmless nekros with no powers to use and i couldn't even shut down the bubble, because we were inside a hallway and the drone was covered.

After this brutal experience i looked for that enemy on the wikia and it said specifically that it nullifies 3 of my 4 abilities... 

And now for the Rant part...

I saw that this enemy can even nullifies all the abilities of an Equinox.

Is this balance?

Come on... I mean I would be ok if there are 2 of these Comba  type enemies i can be totally get harmless, but only one enemy in the area that can shut me down?

What do you think guys?

I would like to see the general opinion...

Scrambus and Comba units can be a PITA and for some frames their mobility make them deathtraps. But they do give off a distinct "ping" sound every few seconds, that's why I'm able to roughly guess their location or the direction they're coming from and can keep my distance.

Unlike Nullifiers they're not immune to your abilities, they only dispell them and prevent their usage if you are too close. And if killing them takes to long, just aim for the head. You can shoot off their helmets which in turn shuts down their aura.

Comba and scrambus are annoying because they give little indication of their location. They do have a ping, but it's not that loud (you won't hear it in the heat of combat), and not that large a radius for it to be audible. If they actually waypointed themselves within a 45 meter radius (triple their nullification radius), I think they'd be perfect. Until then, I have the problem of getting nullified out of nowhere, and I don't even know where the dude even is, and melee frames have little recourse against them. The only reason people don't complain about them more is because they don't spawn very often, same as napalms and commanders.

So yeah, if I knew where they were by them waypointing themselves, they'd be the PERFECT enemy. A nullification enemy that isn't immune to abilities, doesn't necessarily nullify all of them, and is relatively easy to neuter. Their only issue is I never know where they are exactly until they are too close for comfort.

4 hours ago, Cimbro94 said:

Well when you are overloaded with enemies is not that easy...and i tried to run away...and i died trice... because i had no protective abilities of some kind

Well, that comes with situational awareness... but dying trice? You have have a few seconds of immunity after reviving, you could have bullet jumped away and turned a few corners with the time of one revive... unless you actually tried to shove them out of the way ala Assassins' Creed... which doesnt happen here.

Edited by Kaotyke

I think DE logic is grinners have scaling armor that make them more difficult to kill over time, and corpus are more annoying to face but easier to kill.

In my experience, AOE weapons seem to work better against corpus were the AOE itself can help with Ospreys etc... 

Also when going against corpus, choosing the right CC is really important. A nyx can make other units attack enemies inside nullies bubble giving you some time to reposition. A Nova slow wont help you in this situation for instance.

These things help but after a certain point you will get one shot anyway. 

Having an enemy that nullifies abilities without any warning or way to visualize the range is BS, I am not sure how you can justify them existing as they are. Nullifiers are balanced because they have counterplay involved, you can't counter something that takes away your ability to counter without warning. And don't you dare say "you should have known better to bring X to Y" because the whole point of combat in Warframe is to use abilities and weapons in tandem, it is what separates Warframe from a game like Destiny where your abilities are basically a weapon on a cooldown. We play Warframe because of this, Nullifiers are fine as they have quite a few counter-play options, but Combas and Scrambus instantly take away what makes Warframe, Warframe without warning. 

Also, enemies should be "fun" to an extent. Scrambus and Combas have little to no counterplay besides "just kill them". What if they had their AoE made to be a cone in front of them WITH VISUAL REPRESENTATION. Maybe then give it a buff to the range, but you would theoretically be able to flank them and it would open up some better team-play opportunities. 

Exactly.. Also with the S#&$tons of nullifier s bursas and sapper osprey with all that blue (and it was a fissure) so even more ancient healer green aura, yellow corrupted nullifier and so on, try yourself to spot them, with already all the things you have in front of you... It is not that easy... And if i run away (that it is what i did) all the group comes after me so the issues repeated itself.