Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lato buff

RevolverToxin

Lato is a very fun weapon but unless you have Lato Vandal or Lato Prime it can't do anything past level 60 even with a good riven (like one i have - damage, crit chance, multishot). Can we get even a 5% status chance buff? It would make Lato just a little bit better at high level enemies

The Lato has already received a buff in Update 21.

Spoiler

Lato

Increased damage from 18 to 30
Increased Crit Chance from 5% to 10%
Increased Status Chance from 1% to 3%

The point of the Lato is to be a STARTER weapon. It was never meant to be taken into higher levels. There are other secondaries that can do a better job than the Lato

Why use a Lato when you can use a Furis?
Why use a Furis when you can build Afuris?
Why have Afuris when you can build Akstiletto?
Why use Akstiletto when it can become Aksomati?
Why have that when you can have Akstiletto Prime over time?

Why have any of those when Ballistica Prime can be quiet about it?

Rethink this, Revolver with [Toxin dmg mod].

1 minute ago, BrokenBullet said:

The Lato has already received a buff in Update 21.

Reveal hidden contents

Lato

Increased damage from 18 to 30
Increased Crit Chance from 5% to 10%
Increased Status Chance from 1% to 3%

The point of the Lato is to be a STARTER weapon. It was never meant to be taken into higher levels. There are other secondaries that can do a better job than the Lato

Then whats the point in making new "oldschool" skin for it? For that minority that has lato vandal or lato prime? I really hope they add something like lato umbra( i really dont know what new type of weapons they can make) in a future

1 minute ago, Koldraxon-732 said:

Why use a Lato when you can use a Furis?
Why use a Furis when you can build Afuris?
Why have Afuris when you can build Akstiletto?
Why use Akstiletto when it can become Aksomati?
Why have that when you can have Akstiletto Prime over time?

Why have any of those when Ballistica Prime can be quiet about it?

Rethink this, Revolver with [Toxin dmg mod].

>Why use a Furis when you can build Afuris?
Because you have syndicate augment that gives you lifesteal and 1000 dmg corrosive blast. Duh.

3 minutes ago, Koldraxon-732 said:

Therefore trade in your Lato Riven for a Furis Riven. Problem solved.

No way, I use lato for novelty and nobody will take it from me. I even built Mesa just to use lato. I just really wanna have less problems with high level enemies and thats all :c (thats sounds very selfish but initiates could use that buff too  c: )

Edited by RevolverToxin

For a starter weapon I think the Lato is in a pretty good spot as it is, but it would be nice to finally let us open beta players have access to the Lato Vandal, or introduce more pistols with a similar feel to the Lato (off the top of my head, the only weapon that handles similarly is the Bolto).

Edited by Paradoxbomb

2 minutes ago, Paradoxbomb said:

For a starter weapon I think the Lato is in a pretty good spot as it is, but it would be nice to finally let us open beta players have access to the Lato Vandal, or introduce more pistols with a similar feel to the Lato (off the top of my head, the only weapon that handles similarly is the Bolto).

Well. I thought about that but I think some closed beta players will complain (same with lato prime because its something special for them)

1 hour ago, LoopStricken said:

Because I want to use Lato Vandal.

Then use Lato Vandal? Whats stopping you???

As for OP another Lato buff doesnt make any sense. Its supposed to be a weak starter weapon, its not meant to take on high level enemies as stated by others in this thread already. Just because you want aesthetic does not mean things should be buffed. 

How about instead, we introduce an MK-2 series for the starter weapons, and make those stronger then the MK-1 and/or regular variants.

Starter weapons will still be starter weapons, and if you want to use them in endgame then you can upgrade them.

How about we make it a system? There is currently no reason to go beyond 8 formas on a weapon. Well what if by putting in 10 formas, you resset some of the polarities and in return get the MK-2 title plus a stat buff. Put a cap on how many times you can do it (depending on the weapon) so you can't eventually reach infinity and break the game, and there, everyone can be happy.

The argument stands that sure, LATO may be a starter weapon, and lato PRIME is a founders' exclusive, and as such buffing the weapon would result in partially validated player outrage, but lato vandal is scheduled to come back out as part of an upcoming event, and at that point I wouldn't really consider lato vandal a starter weapon, so I don't see why that should stop lato vandal from being at least MODERATELY good.

But as stated above, buffing the normal lato throws off a lot of game balance from a first-time player perspective.

45 minutes ago, AlphaPHENIX said:

iWeapon levelling system that costs Forma, the resources needed for which new players cannot obtain so easily due to Junctions]

We have something like this already; the normal versions of the weapons.

Though problem is, is that the MK-1 versions are sometimes superior in one way or another, and makes the ordinary counterparts look terrible.
If the normal versions of the Starter weapons (Furis, Kunai, Braton, Paris, Bo, and so on) had stats a little closer to their Prime counterparts, then people would go for them.

In fact this raises a number of my personal requests:

Spoiler

-Reintroduce the Old Braton as the Corpus Braton, which would have stats that are close, but not on par with, Braton Prime. Also introduce a 'Marine Crewman' who uses this weapon.

-MK-1 Lato and Mk-1 Skana. Normal Lato and Skana are buffed to be a little closer to their superior (Vandal for Lato, Prisma or Prime for Skana) versions.

2 hours ago, Koldraxon-732 said:

We have something like this already; the normal versions of the weapons.

That does't really count. And the system I thought of is oriented to people who are determined enough to invest that much time into a weapon, not noobies.

Also when I started taliking about said system, I ment all underrated weapons (only regular versions), not just starters. You know, like what Rivens were ment to be, but with less RNG.