Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

You know you're still a noob when...[Share your best noob moments]

(XBOX)GalacticNights

my bronze medal) When i left my first Kavat to Lotus instead of stasis .  

Spoiler

(ty support for get me back my kitty :D )

silver) When i get Conclave mods from Tenshi and i didnt knew they weresnT for PvE mission :D

gold l) Everytime i try to use Limbo. No idea what i am doing or Limbo is doing.

Looking back at my profile I realize that in my early game days I did not fully level equipment before scrapping the weapon. I for sure didn't potato anything.

Here I was thinking I did my best to level equipment but now I know I was using bad under leveled weapons and frames that were poorly modded. I saw people running around with cool weapons killing with ease. I was a low level excal with a latron, a furis, and some random melee. I was also extremely conservative with my abilities. I remember Corpus Techs being my sworn enemy due to the shield drone they threw out. I also never did void missions because they were intimidating with no matchmaking.My biggest goal when I started was rushing straight through planets to get Frost. His snow globe ability was awesome to me as a frail noob.

After a break with the game I came back, started trading for plat, building a collection of stuff, and Warframe has been my go to game for the last few years. The learning curve is kind of steep in this game but it's half the fun. 

7 hours ago, nickelshark said:

How!? Just how!?

I have been playing for four years and have hundreds of thousands to millions of most resources and millions of credits but still bust open every container and locker when Solo.

7 hours ago, -AoN-CanoLathra- said:

........how do you manage to do that?

Didn't you at least one go over to the mod workbench and see what it did? Try out all the different options and such?

Though I can't even imagine how much Endo and how many duplicate mods you had.

6 hours ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

Two years playing without having bothered asking other players or consulted the Wiki to know more? I am pretty sure noobing the least of your perks...

Well, I will admit that my first glimpses of Warframe were more for the art, music and lore rather than the gameplay. Up until recently I didn't bother trying to figure out the best gameplay methods until I watched a few tubers play The War Within.

in regards to mods, I had always assumed others had high-level mods due to game progress, and that the farther you went across the planets, the higher the mods would be.

obviously that turned out to not be the case, and once I started to understand the game mechanics rather than the pretty storyline, quite a few facepalms were had.

10 hours ago, (Xbox One)FCastle74 said:

I purchased plat for revives..I know I know.. not my best moment. :highfive:

LOL I spent my starter plat on revives. I still to this day regret the potato's that could have been. I really could have used them. I made things so much harder on myself. 

:sadcry:

Edited by Tesseract7777

I have rly bad awareness and done some missions thinking they're solo (starting solo and players join after the mission's started) and gone a good while into the mission until got startled by "this well coded strange AI frame is not AI" and seeing they been talking to me in chat

also losing sense of time in survival missions and not going to the extraction where everyone's waiting for me.

sneaking around (or rushing in and getting my shield torn) as Excalibur instead of using the flash

not being able to read / see the HUD after 80 hours into the game because "too many numbers and letters wtf what is cryotic and why do we need that"

"oh ok you need to first mark the item so that it'll show what item it is before you pick it up instead of just setting a waypoint"

"what do you mean you can buy weapon blueprints this MK1-Bo is all I need"

On 9/12/2017 at 2:10 PM, (Xbox One)Spaztic Magic said:

Leaving those Dragon Vault Keys in my gear...for days.

reminds me of when i did some vault running with some friends, and we later switched over to doing fissures.  Every single one of us forgot to take off our keys when we ran an axi survival.  I had a bleeding key with a lv11 Loki Prime that i forma'd.......i had around 30hp at max.... against infested :')...... i distinctly remember the chat that day.  Friend : "Crap! I forgot to take off my extinguished key! I can't kill anything LOL"  me: It's okay! I'll do all your killing for you!....... I'll do all of your dying for you too XD!". And while i was true to my word on the killing part, I don't think i was ever on the floor as much as i was in that single mission lol.

1) After playing for almost 100 hours (I stopped playing some years ago, without understanding the basics, and came back 2 weeks ago), I just realized there are many blueprints I can buy with credits and had an existential crisis over how I depended only on blueprints I found and over how I want to collect all those weapons, but have to buy slots.

2) When I started, I chose kunai and MK1-Paris  ̶b̶e̶c̶a̶u̶s̶e̶ ̶I̶´̶m̶ ̶a̶ ̶f̶*̶c̶k̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶w̶e̶e̶b̶  and after some time, I wanted a rifle and a pistol (kunai couldn´t be used in the old zip lines), but didn´t know you could buy some weapons with credits until much later; and yesterday I realized again that there were some other weapons I could have bought with credits and felt really stupid  ̶a̶g̶a̶i̶n̶

3) I barely upgraded any mod until Raptor beat my sorry a.ss repeatedly and still my range weapons weren´t enough (because I hadn´t bought blueprints for better weapons). I had been relying a lot on melee and bullsh*tting my way with Excalibur´s exalted blade, so Raptor was like a middle finger to me. The saddest part is that the strategy I came up with was hiding in those rooms on the sides of the arena, waiting for Raptor to come closer and hitting him with exalted blade´s range through the wall…

Necessity is the mother of  ̶b̶u̶l̶l̶s̶h̶*̶t̶  invention

Edited by Matxoman