The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please don't let this be the volt deluxe skin.

lightdragon64

2 minutes ago, Kinetos said:

So far every time anyone asked DE about Excal or Nyx Deluxe skins they have said "Proto are their deluxe skins"

I feel like that would be a terrible decision to stand by long-term, purely from a business standpoint. Having a Proto series in addition to the Deluxe skins could potentially double income on custom skins. It seems like it'd bring a pretty hefty return on investment.

4 minutes ago, EmissaryOfInfinity said:

I feel like that would be a terrible decision to stand by long-term, purely from a business standpoint. Having a Proto series in addition to the Deluxe skins could potentially double income on custom skins. It seems like it'd bring a pretty hefty return on investment.

Quick question, why is it assumed we will only ever get one deluxe of every frame? Like did DE confirm this? Or are we not considering the possibility they might catch up to most frames one day, and be able to go back and do more? 

14 minutes ago, EmissaryOfInfinity said:

DE said that multiple deluxe skins was an option, but they'd like to give every frame (or close to) a deluxe before they moved on to seconds.

On 20/09/2017 at 1:01 AM, Leoguy said:

Whew, thank god that someone thought the same as I did and brought it up.

I don't want to sound like a snob, but I've played Volt for a long, long time, like , 1/4 of my entire playtime is just on him alone. I know that playtime or usage doesn't mean much, but I am using it to put everyone in perspective here: if a player like me who main Volt, a relatively unpopular frame that I still loved and devoted to no end, is having second thoughts about  the skin concept, what do you think the rest of the warframe community will think about this skin? I doubt most of them would even bother to purchase it for fashionframe. I understand that the idea of aesthetic and what is tasteful is different for everyone, but to me, deluxe skins are meant to be an upgrade in terms of aesthetics to the original warframe design, something different but at the same time built upon the original, a sort of improvement you would say. From what I've seen so far the skin is nothing like what Volt represent, with all of his unique features and elements just absent- not like other deluxe skins where they are altered (Loki knave's horns, Nova's round contours, etc.) just, everything is complete absent or dare I say, bland. I understand that DE is experimenting and wanted to create something different, but this skin still pale in comparison in terms of design to other frames and their deluxe skins who arguably gets better treatment both in terms of gameplay and appearance.

In short, I've always, always wanted a Volt deluxe skin ever since deluxe skin has been a thing. And I hoped that by having a good skin maybe, just maybe players will be interested in playing my beloved speedster. But right now, as much as I wanted to I don't think I am going to get this skin. Please DE, I sincerely ask all you good folks there to reconsider this design. I am fine with deviation from the original design, just not like this. 

Honestly have been playing over 3 years and still use my original starting volt from time to time in between when using the prime and I whole heartedly agree and had this exact thing to say when my friend showed me the skin. If a serious volt main doesn’t like the skin what are others gonna think of it and if this skin doesn’t please the actual volt fans then what’s the point of it? who are they trying to please if not the fans?

15 hours ago, EmissaryOfInfinity said:

I don't disagree, I'm just pointing out the situation as it currently sits. 

18 hours ago, DrBorris said:

I am just going to quote myself from earlier, I hate to "I told you so" but...

On 9/26/2017 at 9:08 AM, DrBorris said:

It really isn't that bad, use some imagination and add some textures (as that concept does not have any yet) and a different color scheme and it looks fine. It is more of a metal soldier than infested, just think guys. 

Please guys, be careful when you jump on a band-wagon, it just makes you like... ill-informed... a lot of the time.

Whelp, you told me so. I was originally like, "Man, this skin is SOOOOOOOO terrible in the eyes of deluxe skins, I think that DE has lost their sense." But now, after seeing it in game on YouTube and such, I honestly think it looks REALLY nice. I'm probably gonna farm and sell Nikana Prime and a bunch of other rare Prime stuff just to scrape the Platinum to buy the skin. I'll probably hunt down the Syandana too. 

I'm gonna say this honestly. I made myself look like a bit of an idiot now. You were right, @DrBorris , don't jump on the bandwagon. However, I think I was one of the people who started the bandwagon which makes me feel a little more stupid... R.I.P. 

Anyway, you told me so. I will be alot more slow to jump in and fire shots at skins. With the changes they made with the adding textures and changing colors, I think this skin is one of the best skins DE has done. I am honestly impressed. I will be better in the future. :community:

18 hours ago, Atofinado said:

Don't excalibur have too many skins? 

I don't think having too many skins is a bad thing. While I would like for them to make more skins for the other frames, Excalibur is the poster boy and most new players will pick him. That's why he has so many cosmetics. 

34 minutes ago, PrivateRiem said:

Chicken legs.

Rest of the skin I can work with, but the chicken legs REALLY bother me.

Yeah. The energy/lightning effects on the skin are super cool, but something about the proportions just seems off. It makes it look like volt is wearing skinny jeans or something. The skin is good as a concept imo, but not as a finished design. I can get behind the kinda steampunky vibe it seems like they were partly incorporating, but overall the skin seems too organic or sleek. It needs more “clunky” bits imo, some more rough textured patches. To me it doesn’t really match the other two proto skins.

41 minutes ago, Xaranoth said:

Yeah. The energy/lightning effects on the skin are super cool, but something about the proportions just seems off. It makes it look like volt is wearing skinny jeans or something. The skin is good as a concept imo, but not as a finished design. I can get behind the kinda steampunky vibe it seems like they were partly incorporating, but overall the skin seems too organic or sleek. It needs more “clunky” bits imo, some more rough textured patches. To me it doesn’t really match the other two proto skins.

Weird proportions on the torso, its too wide compared to the rest, and when you look from a side view, he has that "pigeon chest" which is so weird. Also that big back makes his butt almost nonexistant :c

It does look better than the concept drawing as far as individual details are concerned, but that's expected. Question is not whether it looks better than the concept, but do I like it? Better than the concept doesn't imply liking it. And I think the answer is still no for me. Nothing that I disliked about the concept was changed. So those dislikes are still there too. It's still bulky, clumpy, and asymmetrical. 

Allrighty I'm happy that I found this thread.

So yeah I've been a volt fanatic aswell for many many years and I hated the thought of having that as THE deluxe skin for volt. The one and only one. On the picture it looked awful, and I'll be honest even in the market. I've bought it instantly just because of my love, if I didnt had any I wouldn't touch it with an orthos prime just like with nova and ember deluxes.

The Hammer skin is quite awful. It's too small for a hammer and looks like plastic. We already had the palatine hammer which is much better.

The Syandana isn't that good either. Althought it can be nice on some frames and color combination (like mag deluxe mentioned earlier), but strangly it already looks bad on the skin that it came in as a pack...

As for the main skin... after owning so many other deluxes this was quite a disappointment. First of all not only does it look unappealing on first glance, it doesnt fit volt at all. Volt's standard body proportions are totally different and he doesnt even have that skirt like thing. It makes him look bulkier, more meaty, more tanky, more like some trooper or soldier. As I dont really enjoy it that much with my original builds, thanks to the riot shield buff, an eff build with portable shield he can be quite cool.

Let's talk about coloring. Yeah, its a nightmare. Some frames can look good with a lot of different materials and unexpected patterns but on this skin they mostly represent big plain areas (right leg, hands, oh my god). I adore and love the immortal skins because they add small niche patterns on the plain places. When it's not possible I'm trying to use some sigils.

Playing around with ti for some days I changed my opinion. I don't absolutely hate it anymore but I'm not satisfied. If you look at the other deluxes or even proto exbro, they are so much better. It gives the feeling that there were so many better options (like the art the original poster has shown). Prospects for the future? I do hope that it will get some changes (like the leg part) but I dont remember any skins having major changes after they hit the market... Also it'd be cool if they gave us more options with a nice, polished deluxe skin for volt.

~~

And here's the best thing I could do... Yeah mostly dark colors are nice, not making the unpolished parts exposed to eye

giphy.gif 

Edited by Mokusvezer

i like the current proto-volt skin.

looks sleek, aerodynamic, something a "runner" warframe would wear for maximum speed.

skirts and dangly bits and giant cod pieces aren't exactly the best things to wear on a run.

i also don't really like skirts, dangly bits, and cod pieces.

all of which those other concepts have.

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, ProMMS said:

this would be a nice umbra volt...43Kk9o1.png

Hmm... I don't know about that. I'd say that would make a better proto than what we ended up getting, (Even though I tend to like the one we got, I just think that one would do better) but I don't know about Umbra. I feel like Umbras, however edgy they are, need to have some amount of regal-ness to them. I mean, Excalibur Umbra is kinda a sloppy kind of regal, but that's only the scarf. And aside from it looking like it was just thrown on there, it actually looks REALLY nice. This, however, doesn't really have any sense of regalia to it. I like the skin, but I feel like there needs to be some gold and maybe less blue. 

• 1 month later...