Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Are Corpus So Weak?

Solaurus

They generally are easier to kill then Grineer because of armor and Infested have pure numbers and the goddamned Ancients. The only heavy unit the Corpus have just sends up a blue ****blocker that takes 1-2 shots to kill. Corpus tiles usually go as

1: Press any number chained to a damaging skill

2: Kill whole room

3:Take all their ****

They should have the highest damage of all the factions if they are going to be so weak defense-wise,

I always have to run around from cover to cover, the only time when i get in the middle of them is when i'm confident that i can take them out before they start shooting, and i have to do this with saryn as banshee stands no chance -.-

They generally are easier to kill then Grineer because of armor and Infested have pure numbers and the goddamned Ancients. The only heavy unit the Corpus have just sends up a blue ****blocker that takes 1-2 shots to kill. Corpus tiles usually go as

1: Press any number chained to a damaging skill

2: Kill whole room

3:Take all their ****

They should have the highest damage of all the factions if they are going to be so weak defense-wise,

Just wait for that one Shockwave that manages to sneak up on you from behind. It will happen sooner or later, trust me.

Hah, cover, Rhino laughed loudly. 

On a serious note better to pull them in to a position you are cool with (hall, a corner, a sniping spot  instead of rushing and possibly hurting yourself in the process.

Rhino IS cover...

Just wait for that one Shockwave that manages to sneak up on you from behind. It will happen sooner or later, trust me.

Well barring that one damn shockwave, they are still kinda easy compared to Grineer or Infested. I play on Pluto all the time and I generally don't have a problem unless I'm taken by surprise by some Supra blasts or a Shockwave Moa. That or the incredibly rare Railgun Moa stunlock. (3 railgun moas shooting you again and again)

I like the Corpus. They have the best troop variety, the shield drones make for interesting prioritizing during combat (try to hit the tiny fast moving target, or try to overwelm the extra shields?), all their attacks are powerful but totally dodgeable, and they don't have the crazy armour high level Grineer and Ancients get.

Most fun for me hands down. Now if only Raptor wasn't a giant jerk with it's missile spam...

They have high damage and cheap tactics, it's fine that they are easy to pick off.

But Railgun moas one shotting you, fusion moas melting the pod, shockwave moas sneaking up on you and throwing you into the open etc etc on high level defence make them worthy opponents.

Corpus lasers deal a lot of damage, which balances out the fact they don't take as much damage.

And then there's the Corpus tech, massive damage, health and shield drones. Yeah.

Level 50 nightmare Corpus can kill you under 5 seconds if you just let them shoot you.

Corpus is the faction that you generally do very well against until you get unlucky and get focused by a few high levels MOAs and maybe a tech or two. Corpus is pretty easy to fight, but at higher levels when the rail MOAs start to nearly OHK you while *also* knocking you on your &#! while you *also* have 10 other crewmen and MOAs shooting at you...then things really start to get hairy.

They're like the faction that's easy to fight at low levels, but get much harder to fight at high levels than the other factions. Except maybe Grineer; fighting high level Grineer is just a *@##$.

Corpus lasers deal a lot of damage, which balances out the fact they don't take as much damage.

And then there's the Corpus tech, massive damage, health and shield drones. Yeah.

Level 50 nightmare Corpus can kill you under 5 seconds if you just let them shoot you.

Do you know how much damage a nightmare Corpustech does in 5 seconds?  It's probably in the tens of thousands.

If he takes 5 seconds to kill you, you scare me.

Ever got chained locked by 3 Railgun Moas ?

If not for shade and dumb corpus melee dudes, I would be DEAD.

And railgun Moas apparently go through globe and iron skin at times.

And they can do it so far away that plenty of times you won't even notice them (not to mention they can shoot through walls), unlike Scorpions or rollers.

And good luck to you if you got tag teamed by a Rail AND Fusion Moa.

Edited by fatpig84

I'd agree that they're somewhat weak defensively, I always assumed that was intentional though.

However, offensively, at higher levels, they're pretty solid. And one of their units seems to be throwing out a random one shot laser from time to time.

Tbh, I always found infested to be the weakest faction.

Edited by Darkwahn

I'd agree that they're somewhat weak defensively, I always assumed that was intentional though.

However, offensively, at higher levels, they're pretty solid. And one of their units seems to be throwing out a random one shot laser from time to time.

Tbh, I always found infested to be the weakest faction.

I used to fear Infested.

Now, the only things I don't like about Infested are Disruptors and Toxics.

The rest?

LOL.

Orthos or the 4 key. Either/or.

The Corpus are actually the most fun faction to fight, excluding those annoying cameras/laser gates and the occasional shockwave combo. At least they don't rely on stunlock like the Infested, and their weapons aren't hitscan like the Grineer.

And seriously, Techs are a nightmare in Defense, not to mention the Fusion Drones.

Personaly individually they are weaker, however as groups they can be deadly.

Of all the factions they are in my opinion the best balanced, they dont realy rely on cheesy or unbalanced effects to be challenging.  With good tactics you can overcome them, get in a bad spot or use bad tactics they will chew you up.

Corpus have the most variety of tactics. They tend to take cover more often. Also, they got those annoying Ospreys (if thats how we spell them) and Moas and the annoying Railgun Moas. Most grineers can be taken out with the same tactics and are predictable. Corpus, not so much.