Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please bring back Archwing Defense

(PSN)LeonidasxGGG

WITH SOME MINOR CHANGES! Of course.
Ok, people diss archwing, but I am part of selected (elite) few that actually dig it. And if there is one thing the Razorback and Fomorian Event have showed us, is that there is no good place to level up your archwing or archweapons (or to get lots of special Archwing mission resources like Cryptographs) in the game right now (I play PS4 so Salacia-Neptune is good but it does not scale).

So first, why was archwing defense to terrible:
1- You add a disastrous rework of the controls.
2- You add NO defensive archwing. 
3- You add to protect two objectives at the same time.

But now, we have:
1- A return to older/simpler controls.
2- A defensive archwing - Amesha.
3- So, this is the only thing missing! Which is really just turn the defense objective into ONE instead of two. Even if it is too much trouble or can't redesign the level, then make it so we only defend one objective at a time (a bit like Defense in Uranus).

Easy! That way we can finnaly level up our archwing itens without having to do multiple missions AND still get sweet rewards (relics,...nitain extract even?...ok, that might be pushing it, but still). 
Please take this under consideration, specially now that Plains of Eidolon is comming and Archwing will be a most intricate part of it. Thank you.

Bring back Archwing defence in form of protecting RELAYS. Let's say, a few waves of common AW enemies followed by Fomorian boss. Or Corpus ships that we enter to confront Razorbacks.

Yeah, I know if this was actually released we'd lose all the relays in a moment. But it would be epic.

Edited by Ksaero

Not happening BEFORE Plains Update.

I like x2 Reward, (GREAT IDEA because BIG Reasons to Play Defense Mission).

Yes I am aware of the Amesha ArchWing, which would protect the Objective at least.

But ArchWing Defense Two Ship on other side, is still NOT a Good Idea, without Overhaul.

37 minutes ago, shellspeed1 said:

Because archwing defense was boring and incredibly unfair. Enemies often got stuck in the map requiring you to hunt them, the objectives themselves were incredibly weak and died way to easily, and lastly because very few people play archwing in its current state.

That too... ALL needed a tweek for sure.

1 hour ago, (PS4)leonidasx666 said:

2- You add NO defensive archwing.

Uh Amesha is the defensive AW? I'm sorry I'd like to introduce you to the Elytron... ya know the frame where two people could simply idle the old defense (2 only because 2 objectives) and watch TV. Yeah the arch-wing practically designed around defending an objective....

Edited by Shockwave-

3 hours ago, Shockwave- said:

Uh Amesha is the defensive AW? I'm sorry I'd like to introduce you to the Elytron... ya know the frame where two people could simply idle the old defense (2 only because 2 objectives) and watch TV. Yeah the arch-wing practically designed around defending an objective....

Elyton's Thumper is not that good a skill.  The explosion locations are very random and eventually the enemy will scale in levels shrugging off those explosions as if they're nothing. 
Only in low level is it worth using to actually kill enemies. Higher level enemies just take little damage.
And since the defense ships don't scale at all, one Penta Ranger will 1-shot it long before the Thumper barrage can kill him (if he gets hit at all by Thumper's randomness).
The Nuke attack pushes stuff back but it moves so slow.
Elytron is build for offense, it has no (de)buffing skills and healing skills, which is what a defensive unit is all about.

Amesha's decoy would guarantee all enemy fire away from the ships.
And since Watchful Swarm can be cast on Mobile Defense satellites, it would make sense for it to work on this defense ships as well.
Slowing down enemies, making allies immortal for a while..... that very much is THE definition of being the defensive Archwing.

But like others said, with all the problems that defense map had it would need to be re-designed from the ground up into something better, including an actual level scaling of the objective. A problem that Excavators have also had for quite some time.

2 hours ago, MystMan said:

Elyton's Thumper is not that good a skill.  The explosion locations are very random and eventually the enemy will scale in levels shrugging off those explosions as if they're nothing. 
Only in low level is it worth using to actually kill enemies. Higher level enemies just take little damage.
And since the defense ships don't scale at all, one Penta Ranger will 1-shot it long before the Thumper barrage can kill him (if he gets hit at all by Thumper's randomness).
The Nuke attack pushes stuff back but it moves so slow.
Elytron is build for offense, it has no (de)buffing skills and healing skills, which is what a defensive unit is all about.

Amesha's decoy would guarantee all enemy fire away from the ships.
And since Watchful Swarm can be cast on Mobile Defense satellites, it would make sense for it to work on this defense ships as well.
Slowing down enemies, making allies immortal for a while..... that very much is THE definition of being the defensive Archwing.

But like others said, with all the problems that defense map had it would need to be re-designed from the ground up into something better, including an actual level scaling of the objective. A problem that Excavators have also had for quite some time.

Thumper stacks... you can burn off 10 of them in the same exact place and with max range I covered one entire side of the defense mission. In fact if you put it near the wall you could cover a large area of both sides, and it killed almost everything up through wave 20 if you had enough of them up. It is a GREAT skill