Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Farming for Excalibur

Arkreiner

Why does it take so long to get Excalibur, and this is just standard excal. It takes hours to get all 40 amino nav beacons and upon that the boss fight is annoying, its not the ambulas itself its the other enemies that make the fight unbearably annoying. After beating the boss you have to spend more hours getting more nav beacons because it only gives one attempt, and this is for a frame that you could have picked in the beginning. I feel like im being punished because i didn't pick Excalibur as my starting warframe. It should be much easier to get Excalibur.  

4 hours ago, --Laughing-Soul-- said:

i suck at drawing so no. buuuuuut i could try recreating the picture in gmod and take a screenshot for you?

Nah man its cool, its just I think that is an excellent meme picked out, and only think that if it had Corpus face tattoos it would make it perfect. As it is, thanks for sharing it, made my day in this context honestly enough. Either way, I can understand how annoying warframes like Excalibur, Mesa, or Saryn (and by extension Chroma) are to get but I do get a smile from that image.

21 hours ago, Arkreiner said:

and this is for a frame that you could have picked in the beginning. I feel like im being punished because i didn't pick Excalibur as my starting warframe. It should be much easier to get Excalibur.  

It could be worse. You could be a numpty like me that did pick him and then sold him when short of slots thinking he would be no good for endgame. I consider the 75p I will have to spend at some point a literal "idiot tax" :facepalm:

5 hours ago, Urlan said:

Nah man its cool, its just I think that is an excellent meme picked out, and only think that if it had Corpus face tattoos it would make it perfect. As it is, thanks for sharing it, made my day in this context honestly enough. Either way, I can understand how annoying warframes like Excalibur, Mesa, or Saryn (and by extension Chroma) are to get but I do get a smile from that image.

oh, i just posted it as a joke cause i have excaliber prime

At the very least, they should reduce the number of beacons required to run the boss node and/or have a more reliable method of farming them.  That was the problem with Kela De Thaym and the judgement points for awhile.  Since then, they've reduced the Judgement point cost from 100 to 25, and seeing as you can reliably farm them from the Rathuum nodes I think they're in an acceptable state.  For the Ambulas fight though, at the pace most missions are run, chances are you won't ever even see a drop ship, and even when there is its not guaranteed to spawn an Ambulas.   The most reliable method to my knowledge is just to sit in a defense and wait around and hope one gets dropped off, which just gets incredibly tedious when having to grind up enough beacons for numerous runs. 

As far as Excal being an appropriate drop for a pluto boss or not, i do agree that it doesn't make a whole lot of sense to put a starter frame on the highest lv corpus planet.  Maybe they could put all starter frames as clan research (like volt is currently) and use either banshee, nezha, wukong, or zephyr to take their place as boss drops.

On 24/9/2017 at 1:03 AM, ironfirefist said:

*Saryn flashbacks*

*chroma flashbacks*

And also, excal always has been far on the star chart, it was never "easy" before, now they just made the boss fight the newer version.

If you really want him, go do conclave.

You mean. it was never that tedious to get him. Pre-Ambulas Reborn, the Ambulas boss fight is a joke. Now, not only is it harder, but also a lot more tedious and annoying, tbh imo i considered it far more annoying than Saryn's farm because the boss fight itself now lasts a lot longer, probably even longer than Kela De Thaym assassination. Best thing to do is just whip up 75p from selling stuffs, easiest is selling corrupted mods.