Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

More Twitch Prime Free Primes

Voltage

59 minutes ago, Spartan336 said:

Just wait for the Twitch deal to pass, then the prices will go up again. 

Or we'll see things like the Misa prime sydana or the targris prime armor on some twitch giveaways, "Hey kids watch this warframe partnered streamer scratch his nutz 4 times to win a single piece of the targris prime accessories!

30 minutes ago, Knight_Ex said:

Or we'll see things like the Misa prime sydana or the targris prime armor on some twitch giveaways, "Hey kids watch this warframe partnered streamer scratch his nutz 4 times to win a single piece of the targris prime accessories!

...And this is a bad thing?

EDIT: Oh no, people are getting free stuff to hype up the game and bring in new players how dare you DE!!!

Lol. 

Edited by Spartan336

On 9/27/2017 at 9:40 PM, --Laughing-Soul-- said:

oh no, you cant price gouge on items that have been vaulted for a long time anymore

There's more to that - as of now, I have no reason to open relics past a week or two following new PA, as I can't be sure if items I'd farm won't suddenly be available without even needing to play the game, potentially after they are not even available via playing the game.

2 minutes ago, Nyaa314 said:

There's more to that - as of now, I have no reason to open relics past a week or two following new PA, as I can't be sure if items I'd farm won't suddenly be available without even needing to play the game, potentially after they are not even available via playing the game.

how long was the first prime with prime going on and how long has it been since the pa/vaulting of soma prime/scindo prime/frost prime?

yes im sure the next step they take is to vault hydroid and give him out on the next prime with prime...

in all seriousness providing another way for said items to be gotten aside from buying the unvaulted PA is very nice. they have only used items that have been vaulted for a very long time now. they dont show any sign of "rotating" the vault in and out since they constantly add new primes. so we probably wont ever see a point where instead of adding a new prime they vault a prime and unvault another.

and if they were to vault an item just to suddenly release it on prime with prime they would piss alot of people off, so they wont be doing that.

On 28/09/2017 at 3:40 AM, Zanchak said:

Well yeh but this kind of "business" is making me think very hard about paying them directly for prime access ever again if it's going to be given away free to some person purely cause they pay for twitch access. Wut? No.

Its a partnership with twitch though more people will sign up to twitch prime to get the free gear while warframe gets free advertisement to bring in more players. If they aren't bringing in new players the game will die and everything you guys have will be worthless any one let alone worrying about losing some value on a weapon or warframe.

On 10/6/2017 at 11:29 PM, Caderyn said:

Its a partnership with twitch though more people will sign up to twitch prime to get the free gear while warframe gets free advertisement to bring in more players. If they aren't bringing in new players the game will die and everything you guys have will be worthless any one let alone worrying about losing some value on a weapon or warframe.

Yeh cept they are bringing in people who play for 5 minutes and leave when they realize all the good stuff isnt just stuffed in your face and you actually have to grind longer than the 5 minutes it takes to stick mummys credit card details in your account.

I'm not sayin they don't need new blood, but they need better ideas than this. This isn't the answer and it just p***es off parts of the player base that actually play for the pieces they have, be that for themself or for plats so they can buy nice stuff, which keeps them there longer.

Theres gonna be a whole new wave of people for PoE, with no idea wtf to do or how to play beyond a starter frame, who have minimal mods regardless of the weapons/frames, who will have access to one part of the game and no idea of the rest of it because they are making that part accessible early. Also not brilliantly thought out.

Probs next would be Founder Pack. Sarcasm aside to promote WF and a bunch of absolutely useless players(i would love to describe it but would be banned for my choice of words) this honestly is a bad idea, And that's why I never gave money to DE and never will in future.

Also from what I have understood, this twitch prime promotion is gonna be a long term thing as they were saying for this run we have frost p stuff, the next is PoE stuff. So yeah don't hold on to stuff or you never know Excal P will be rolling out like mass produced cheap clothes.

Edited by SharkPot

On 9/28/2017 at 7:00 AM, --Q--Voltage said:

What’s next? Ember Prime with Prime? Or Misa Prime? I hope these bundles don’t become a new norm of just opening the vault to anyone for free

On 9/28/2017 at 7:05 AM, Zanchak said:

I'm definitely not in favour of the whole twitch thing. Not because people get free stuff, but the fact that to get something IN Warframe you need to be a (paying) member of something OUTSIDE of Warframe. (Because that "free trial" trick, yeh that aint gonna work forever)

These two things. I don't like how warframe seems to be selling out to twitch. I don't super mind it though. As long as they don't hand out previous prime accessories or straight up plat for a third party thing, then I'm fine. I've payed quite a bit of money for the awesome prime accessories, so if they release them for free on twitch, I will be annoyed.

22 hours ago, Zanchak said:

Yeh cept they are bringing in people who play for 5 minutes and leave when they realize all the good stuff isnt just stuffed in your face and you actually have to grind longer than the 5 minutes it takes to stick mummys credit card details in your account.

I'm not sayin they don't need new blood, but they need better ideas than this. This isn't the answer and it just p***es off parts of the player base that actually play for the pieces they have, be that for themself or for plats so they can buy nice stuff, which keeps them there longer.

Theres gonna be a whole new wave of people for PoE, with no idea wtf to do or how to play beyond a starter frame, who have minimal mods regardless of the weapons/frames, who will have access to one part of the game and no idea of the rest of it because they are making that part accessible early. Also not brilliantly thought out.

There twitch promotion got me into the game and I've put in 180 hours so far in the past few weeks and gotten 3 of my friends to start playing aswell so its doing what it was intended to do. Vet players are just angry cause they can't rip people off new players with over priced gear. Its not the best gear in the game or the latest its old gear at a good end game level helping new players to make there way through content and make it to end game.

Edited by Caderyn
Spelling error

Yeah I don't like this either. We worked hard to get that S#&$ and I honestly feel like most of it should remain vaulted for values sake. Whos says that new players should get some of the better gear right off the bat. It is not fair to those who worked hard for them, and it isn't fair to the new players as well. They won't understand the value, and while they are skipping for joy at their op starter weapons, the rest of s who worked for them will frown and shake our heads. The game has only been getting easier for newer players. Why give them handouts as well. It feels pretty disgraceful to me.

15 minutes ago, Caderyn said:

There twitch promotion got me into the game and I've put in 180 hours so far in the past few weeks and gotten 3 of my friends to start playing aswell so its doing what it was intended to do. Vet players are just angry cause they can't rip people off new players with over priced gear. Its not the best gear in the game or the latest its old gear at a good end game level helping new players to make there way through content and make it to end game.

You sir have pulled a nerve. One thing you have to understand is that weapon can be used at almost all stages of the game. IT can be used at %100 of the general places people play Warframe. Just because it is vaulted doesn't mean it is old either. If you want to see old then take the Braton prime for example. Also the community is generally pretty good. Yes you will always find people trying to get a little more plat off of other players and maybe a few people trying to get extra off of the newer players. However I'm pretty sure that Vet's are not going to be that upset about loosing a few plat on Soma prime. You have played the game some, but those of us who are truly vets have been playing this game for at least 3 years. Leave the vets out of this.

9 hours ago, Caderyn said:

180 ain't alot bro, That's close to insignificant in this game, Most of the people complaining about the twitch prime stuff are much older players probably having more than 10x of your playing time, And on top of that the void system that used to be while much more fun, it also needed alot more grind than the pansy system you have now. So, older stuff like that needed alot more grind than now. If you have no clue what's going on really, don't reply. Also you people are getting full sets, slots, catalyst as well, So for a "promotion" that's alot, considering you already got a Frost Prime which goes for about 500 plat before this event and is a very meta frame. 

Also if ya say soma prime one of the best crit rifles and with a proper riven easily dominating over most weps only being overshadowed by a few status weps, Scindo a weapon which defined the whole melee 1.0 which was succeeded by scindo prime,on which the heavy wep meta(War,Galatine Prime) is based on, revived heavy weps in melee 2.0 and having 2 of the best stances in the game is not good for you, Proves the fact how less you know about this game. 

I wonder how many prime access regulars were lost when DE decided to make this move, I know of a few including myself that now refuse to buy another prime access since theres a chance they could do some BS move and throw one of the pieces of an armor set in a giveaway or something along those lines, when they are handing out exclusive content where is my motivation to purchase prime access stuff?  Though the reason I didn't partake in this prime access accessories bundle is because the armor set was absolute crap for the price they were asking.

So, DE partners with Twitch in a mutually beneficial arrangement. DE offers free stuff to Twitch Prime members, enticing people to buy Twitch Prime. Twitch gets money. In turn, existing Twitch Prime members see free stuff being offered for this free to play game called Warframe. They check the game out to claim the free stuff and possibly stick around, spending money on plat or prime bundles. DE gets money.

No one forces Warframe players to sign up for Twitch. It wont hurt your gameplay experience to not have the Twitch goodies. Nor will it hurt the experience of players who already have those goodies. Twitch streamers don't hurt for not playing Warframe. Everyone wins, no one loses.

And yet, people complain. Why? Because you've saved parts and pieces of weapons and frames that were once high-value but now are worth nothing? This is the problem with any game with an in-game economy: a subset of players learn the market and get on top, then subsequently b**ch and moan when something happens to undercut their position. It doesn't matter if that something actually brings more players to the game. The only thing that matters to them is their ability to make fictional money in a fictional economy. Someone had to buy the plat that was going to buy your Frost Prime set. Now, I guess you'll have to be the one to buy plat since your sets aren't worth anything.

Or maybe, you know, hold on to them for a while. Once the promotion is over the items wont be available. Surely you'll find some players who missed out and want the gear: sell it to them.

I'm happy Frost Prime was given away for free. More people get a chance to experience what a fun frame it is. I'll be just as happy when they give out Soma Prime and Scindo Prime too. I care more about people having fun playing the game, not playing the economy.

Edited by Sentinel-14

On 10/9/2017 at 8:02 PM, Caderyn said:

I don't -sell- things so I personally give no s**ts about prices and Im tired of people assuming thats why others are upset. That entirely is not my issue even in the slightest and here you are 180 hours in (???) thinking you know what every "vet" is like and that we all want to rip you off. Take 5 seconds, 5 minutes, 5 hours to watch the lazy foul mouthed c**p flying around in regions from these "entitled noobs" who think the whole games like that and are literally demanding things, then tell me its doing what its meant to.

My mute button has never had so much use until these deals and the coming PoE overhype.

Edited by Zanchak
I used the word people way too much in a tiny space gasphorror

On 10/9/2017 at 11:00 AM, Arniox said:

These two things. I don't like how warframe seems to be selling out to twitch. I don't super mind it though. As long as they don't hand out previous prime accessories or straight up plat for a third party thing, then I'm fine. I've payed quite a bit of money for the awesome prime accessories, so if they release them for free on twitch, I will be annoyed.

Oh hell.... the meltdown for accessories would be epic O.o

50 minutes ago, Zanchak said:

Oh hell.... the meltdown for accessories would be epic O.o

I think DE might crash and burn if they did that. I'm pretty sure they're not that stupid.

I'de much rather them not release them, as it would result in the game basically dying, or close enough to it. They would lose trust and supporters. I have no idea why they would do something like that.

On ‎10‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 5:46 PM, (Xbox One)BULLET TO0TH said:

I'm a new player and that twitch frost prime promotion really snagged me into this game. I'm on mastery rank 13 now. Some of you vets are hating on this but these promotions lead to more players. 

Same here. Came here because of the promo 10 days ago, and I'm now officially addicted to the game. :) 

And I already spent money to support the game. Devs needs money, so the game can get better. So the ''vets'' are also getting some benefit from this promo. :)

So this promotion is good for the game to bring new players IMHO.

On 09/10/2017 at 7:56 PM, TheWhitterMatter said:

You sir have pulled a nerve. One thing you have to understand is that weapon can be used at almost all stages of the game. IT can be used at %100 of the general places people play Warframe. Just because it is vaulted doesn't mean it is old either. If you want to see old then take the Braton prime for example. Also the community is generally pretty good. Yes you will always find people trying to get a little more plat off of other players and maybe a few people trying to get extra off of the newer players. However I'm pretty sure that Vet's are not going to be that upset about loosing a few plat on Soma prime. You have played the game some, but those of us who are truly vets have been playing this game for at least 3 years. Leave the vets out of this.

I just just stating that the only problem I've seen people have with is vet players complaining about how its going to ruin the price of their soma primes that they've been saving to sell, that's what I was commenting on