Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Really? Gara?

ShiraHagane

Just now, KarltheStabber said:

Her theme is glass not crystals one of her ablates literally uses molten glass, and its not really bastardized its just shortened which again isn't really a problem that people are making a problem because the forums ran out of things to *@##$ about.

garasu, is literally just glass, but since the japanese alphabet doesn't have a letter for the L sound, it's changed to an R, and because every consonant except N must always be followed by a vowel, there are a bunch of vowels thrown in there.  It's the equivalent of an English speaker trying to pronounce mandarin.

4 minutes ago, KarltheStabber said:

Her theme is glass not crystals one of her ablates literally uses molten glass, and its not really bastardized its just shortened which again isn't really a problem that people are making a problem because the forums ran out of things to *@##$ about.

This moment in Warframe community history may end up ranking up there with "Soprana Banshee is obese!" and "ANTEATER FRAME?!" in terms of hilarious outrage.

14 minutes ago, KarltheStabber said:

Gara = Glass people go ape S#&$ Ember = literally fire people don't care Frost = ice people don't care 
so because the frame is named after its theme is bad so why are people complaining now? Really we have so many frames named like this so why is it just NOW a problem? What's the big deal, like really...

Gara doesn't mean glass, it means Pattern or Design.

Just now, Tain_OSkoom said:

This moment in Warframe community history may end up ranking up there with "Soprana Banshee is obese!" and "ANTEATER FRAME?!" in terms of hilarious outrage.

The Sophrana banshee complains were interesting in the past. The glass warframe name choice is definitely getting up there.

2 minutes ago, ShiraHagane said:
5 minutes ago, CandyManCriminal said:

i woulda gone with Parison, but thats just me

so would a majority of the design council

And your assessment is... based on... what?

It's actually false. The majority of the design council would not have gone with Parison.

Can we stop please making assumptions about the Council Design's actions and feelings?

Just now, Dhrekr said:

And your assessment is... based on... what?

It's actually false. The majority of the design council would not have gone with Parison.

Can we stop please making assumptions about the Council Design's actions and feelings?

the first one wasn't an assumption, it was what DE said in the devstream, and this one was hyperbole

23 minutes ago, KarltheStabber said:

Imagine if other frames were named like that originally though. 

Take Frost and imagine we were coming up for a name for him. Imagine that Design Council had came up with many other names that had many many upvotes. (I'm not imaginative to come up with popular names for what imaginative names that people would like.)

Now imagine one post called him Furoseto. (フロスト) I believe this is the closest to the Romanji of Frost. It had at the time zero upvotes or anything. (Bonus fact: I forgot Frost also has connections to anime character and is probably exactly what was used for that anime character. However I think the Gara/Garasu connection was a coincedence.)

DE then decide to call the frame "Furo" and claim that it was the decision of the Design Council. This is the equivalent of what happened here with "Gara." and "Garasu." (By the way, I thought Garasu was based partly on Yata-Garasu at one point.) 

This would invoke the same sort of outrage. A) Because "Furo" at this point is just a shortened version of Japanese Romanji and B) Design Council was thrown under the bus in this regard also. 

Edited by KaijuKraid

2 minutes ago, ShiraHagane said:

this one was hyperbole

I get that, but I still feel that my correction is perfectly pertinent. What you said was uninformed (as in, you completely lacked information) and wrong.

And, as this thread has shown, there is lots of misinformation about the role of the Design Council. I understand why, but that doesn't mean that we should stand idle while misinformation crops up and spreads.

51 minutes ago, Gokuofuin said:

Yes why dont you throw stones at us, when it was 1 person who suggested this as apposed to the WHOLE DC who was suggesting an 8 page long document of names.

They didn't even put out a poll, like they usually do. They just plucked one from the thread. 

3 minutes ago, (PS4)abbacephas said:

In a couple of months, will this even matter?

I'm sure we'll get used to it. I personally don't like the name and would like it changed, but I'm also sure within a couple of weeks all the pitchforks will be gone. Plus all the people thinking it means "Chicken Bone", it'll mean that the Frame will get a nickname sort of like how Vauban has a nickname that I never understood. 

Many peoples suggested the Silica and Glaxia was also popular but the Vitriol / Vitria / Vitrina also was on the top suggested names but they just choosed one. My vote for Glaxia but if they already finished to capture the voices and names for the quest which will coming then pretty much we used to it. Glaxia for life!