The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Effectively using rivens?

khangalanga

Question

Whenever you get a riven with a certain stat, do you use it to replace a mod with the same stats? Like if you got a crit chance riven with damage and multi, would you get rid of the basic crit chance mod and replace it with this riven? Or do you replace an elemental mod and keep the crit chance mod to get a higher crit chance?

This question applies to all the different mods, I think.

9 answers to this question

It really depends on the weapon and the stat. for example; I just got an Aksomati riven with crit chance and multishot. I no longer use the regular crit chance mod because even with it on it doesn't go to or above 100%, so instead I use another elemental damage mod, but I would still use the regular multishot mods because it, plus the riven, provides more damage.

Edited by SergeantSunshine
just added an "or above" to the sentence.

20 minutes ago, khangalanga said:

Whenever you get a riven with a certain stat, do you use it to replace a mod with the same stats?

Typically, most weapons have a "flex" slot where people add in a mod to suit their playstyle.

Rifles, for example:

Serration, Split, Shred, Elemental 1

Elemental 2, Crit, Crit damage, Flex

Mostly I get rivens that replace a mod, for example +115.7% electric damage and +152.2% puncture damage on Opticor. I replace the 90% electric mod and dont lose a slot. With others its similar. Usualy I replace a mod with a riven unless the base for certain stat is low, like crit chance. Then I might add it in place of something else to maximize on that crit chance. But if its damage, multishot, firerate and some other stats I replace a mod. Hell, if you are lucky you might replace 2 or even 3 mods making more space for other mods that you might want to fit.

Also, if you are not sure what to do with a Riven, got to warframe builder to see what mod config will be optimal.

Edited by Xardis

On a Crit weapon you can never have too much Crit Chance,
so adding a Riven to at least the (maybe Primed) basic CC Mod = yay.

The only instances where I'd consider a Riven "replacing" a regular Mod would be
getting simple ol' +Damage on Rifles so I don't have to deal with Heavy Caliber's accuracy penalty (lol Ogris)
or getting a nice bonus Punch Through on Secondaries so I don't have to feel bad about (not) using Seeker.
[Nightmare Punch Through Mod for Secondaries, DE pls.]