Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Temporary Workaround Found] Unable to login in-game

I_am_your_Sandvich

Message added by [DE]Danielle

Hey Tenno! 

We're aware of login issues and are working to get them resolved ASAP. Thank you for your patience

Mass login issues have been resolved! We are aware, however, that some of you are still experiencing some issues. We are still working out a solution, and will update this thread once we have nailed down a fix! Thank you for your patience. 

Just got this answer from support. It didn't help me, but maybe it will help someone else.

Spoiler

Hi KuronekoBestGirl,

I am sorry to hear that you are having problem logging in Warframe.

It is possible that your problem is caused by your local TLS settings.

Please try tuning the TLS settings by following the steps below:

1. Please press Windows key and R keys on your keyboard at the same time
  2. In the new Run window popped up, type inetcpl.cpl, and hit Enter
  3. Click the Advanced tab and look for Use TLS 1.0 in Settings, then check the Use TLS 1.0.
  4. Click [OK]

If the problem persists, please try resetting your internet options:

1. Please press Windows key and R keys on your keyboard at the same time
  2. In the new Run window popped up, type inetcpl.cpl, and hit Enter
  3. Click the Advanced tab and under Reset Internet Explorer settings, hit [RESET]
  4. Restart your computer.

If that didn't work, to help us better analyze this issue, can you please send us the files below?

1) Logs generated by log collector

• Click here to download the Log Collector.

• Save the .exe file to your desktop or other convenient location.

• Right Click on the icon and select Run As Administrator.

setup-vista-run-as-administrator-option.

• If prompted by User Account Control then, click on Yes
  • A Command Prompt will now open to get the required information from your system, save the information into a YourComputerName-xxxx.zip file on your desktop, and close.

2) Windows event logs

• Open the Windows Menu and Right-click Computer and select Manage.

manage-computer.jpg

• In the Computer Management window that opens, click System Tools, then Event Viewer, then Windows Logs in the left list.

• Expand the Windows Logs by double-clicking, right-click the System subfolder entry and select Save All Events As... on the right hand side.

?name=save+as.png

• In the window that opens, type a name for the file, select Event files (.evtx) in Save as dropdown, and save.

?name=Untitled.png

• Repeat step 2 for the Application entry, right above System.

• Attach the files above to this ticket.

• If the files are too big as attachments, please follow the instructions here to compress the logs into zip files.

Please attach the files above to this ticket.

Thanks!

6 minutes ago, 1011011111UA said:

Just got this answer from support. It didn't help me, but maybe it will help someone else.

I've disabled internet explorer's ability to (...well, do anything, but specifically) use those ciphers, and it's never been a problem before. I really don't think that's it... Keep in mind guys, I believe the support team is separate from DE

Edited by Alaestor

4 minutes ago, Alaestor said:

I've disabled internet explorer's ability to (...well, do anything, but specifically) use those ciphers, and it's never been a problem before. I really don't think that's it... Keep in mind guys, I believe the support team is separate from DE

Actually, quite time ago I have messed with IE on my windows as well. So maybe they are one something.

3 minutes ago, 1011011111UA said:

Actually, quite time ago I have messed with IE on my windows as well. So maybe they are one something.

I've completely neutered IE. I know many apps use it for some basic traffic routing behaviors within windows, but as I said; I've never had a problem with it before. (well, sometimes some game launchers fail to load webpages or whatever, but nothing like this.)

Internet explorer is not the issue. But if it was, and they're using IE as a core component of their game, screw it; I don't wanna play xD Keep the 20k plat. Nothing's worse than letting IE roam free. Except for maybe telnet... or adobe flash player...

Edited by Alaestor

Why should there be a problem on our side when everything was fine before POE? If they changed core-components of Warframe and didn't test for compatibility it's clearly on their side. I guess on some systems the configuration messed up - i just wonder why it affects my 2 installations of steam and non-steam...

Edited by Miezx

Just now, Alaestor said:

It's a conspiracy! they renamed my thread to disavow knowledge of the issue!!!REEEEE
(jks)

Well, that wasn't a thread rename, it was a merge with the "Network not responding" issue that happened at ~8pm eastern yesterday, under the mistaken assumption they were related issues.

1 minute ago, Zeladan said:

Well, that wasn't a thread rename, it was a merge with the "Network not responding" issue that happened at ~8pm eastern yesterday, under the mistaken assumption they were related issues.

Oh, it kept me as the thread author with my post at the top... 
But regardless, tis' but a joke.