Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Temporary Workaround Found] Unable to login in-game

I_am_your_Sandvich

Message added by [DE]Danielle

Hey Tenno! 

We're aware of login issues and are working to get them resolved ASAP. Thank you for your patience

Mass login issues have been resolved! We are aware, however, that some of you are still experiencing some issues. We are still working out a solution, and will update this thread once we have nailed down a fix! Thank you for your patience. 

On 14/10/2017 at 7:44 PM, Alaestor said:

that means the service is missing some dependencies... I'd recommend just waiting. You probably shouldn't be running it anyways.

Thank you so much for the response 

WARFRAME is the Best game i ever played 

4 minutes ago, OroDoom said:

Thank you so much for the response 

WARFRAME is the Best game i ever played 

Sorry I was like "NO" earlier... Home users really shouldn't be running these services, and frankly my frustration was at it's peak due to the lack of DE's acknowledgement on the issue (until now). My apologies.

Edited by Alaestor

Just now, DustyB216 said:

This got me curious tho. I am a dumfuck in IT field. But all that I've learned from this thread and from my friend all point out that this is an absolute stupid thing. How could they allow something this standard to pass?

From reading this, and other threads about this issue, I think everyone is wondering the same thing lol

7 minutes ago, DustyB216 said:

This got me curious tho. I am a dumfuck in IT field. But all that I've learned from this thread and from my friend all point out that this is an absolute stupid thing. How could they allow something this standard to pass?

I'm in a group with a lot of IT professionals and experts, and our best guess is this was something used for internal testing and overlooked upon release. (we could try to figure out more, but DE has a habit of banhammering reverse engineers and dataminers... with semi-good reason, to be fair). As I mentioned earlier, they could have bypassed a load balancing server (or something else?) that would talk to their backend with SMB to auth, and then when they bypassed it, the client needed to use SMB.

To be honest, many issues like this are VERY easy to overlook, and that's no problem... My big issue is, they weren't treating it like a bug. If SMB was intended behavior (which was my conclusion as they kept deleting and moving bug reports)... Man i was losing my mind over here, like "wtf??" ... but it appears to in fact be an error. Which is what I first guessed.

Frankly, I just sighed a BIG sigh of relief when Glen responded...

Edited by Alaestor

Update to the situation DE's Glen has responded, and FINALLY we have some confirmation that this is not intentional.

34 minutes ago, [DE]Glen said:

I have tracked down at least one problem that was caused by people disabling windows services and it'll be fixed in the next hotfix. 

In the mean time, if you turned of the "Workstation" service (sometimes called "LanmanWorkstation") manually I'd start with re-enabling it and trying to log-in. I haven't the foggiest idea what other problems you might cause by disabling core windows features so it wouldn't surprise me if you can break it with other monkey-business.

Just now, OroDoom said:

Alaestor Sry about that please can you explain me exactly what Hapend ?

this "Login failed" will be fixed ?

He said it may be fixed in the next patch. Not sure when that is. As I explained earlier, you seem to be missing dependencies for that windows service, and that's normally fine but... Well, The best thing you can do is to wait. Otherwise, you can try to find a windows OS forum and get people to help you figure out what you need to do to enable that service. 

On 14/10/2017 at 8:13 PM, Alaestor said:

He said it may be fixed in the next patch. Not sure when that is. As I explained earlier, you seem to be missing dependencies for that windows service, and that's normally fine but... Well, The best thing you can do is to wait. Otherwise, you can try to find a windows OS forum and get people to help you figure out what you need to do to enable that service. 

oky thanks for Help i will look for it

1 hour ago, Alaestor said:

To be honest, many issues like this are VERY easy to overlook, and that's no problem... My big issue is, they weren't treating it like a bug. If SMB was intended behavior (which was my conclusion as they kept deleting and moving bug reports)... Man i was losing my mind over here, like "wtf??" ... but it appears to in fact be an error. Which is what I first guessed.

Just like Goat Simulator, bugs are features. :)

4 minutes ago, LeXendZ said:

I had workstation disabled because it felt useless, I didn't need it.

I know in secure offices where the unneeded services and protocols are either uninstalled, disabled, blocked, or strictly regulated. Workstation tends to be one of those things. The only place I've seen it run loose in a professional environment was behind a firewall and a metric crap ton of real-time security stuff. Even then it was quite isolated and only used for internal work.

There's really no reason why a home user should have SMB enabled. It just increases your attack surface and does nothing for you...

(except log in to warframe, apparently... kek)

Edited by Alaestor

1 minute ago, Alaestor said:

I know in secure offices where the unneeded services and protocols are either uninstalled, disabled, blocked, or strictly regulated. Workstation tends to be one of those things. The only place I've seen it run loose in a professional environment was behind a firewall and a metric crap ton of real-time security stuff. Even then it was quite isolated and only used for internal work.

There's really no reason why a home user should have SMB enabled. It just increases your attack surface and does nothing for you...

I hope they will fix that in Monday...I wonder how many people are affected by this.

3 minutes ago, Alaestor said:

I really dont care to enable workstation for a min and then disable it only to play werfreem 

3 minutes ago, Jhoyz21 said:

i hope they fix this ASAP, i haven't played since the PoE update. Tried all the solution to start my workstation but nothing seems to be working. 

Does workstation even start?

Edited by LeXendZ

Just now, LeXendZ said:

I really dont care to enable workstation for a min and then disable it only to play werfreem 

Yeah, it should be fine. The only problem is if you leave it enabled and it's unpatched or your running an older version.

But the same could be said for flash player... and we all know how stupid that is (i hope)

1 minute ago, Alaestor said:

Yeah, it should be fine. The only problem is if you leave it enabled and it's unpatched or your running an older version.

But the same could be said for flash player... and we all know how stupid that is (i hope)

They said that Adobe is going to abandon flash player 

15 hours ago, LeXendZ said:

Does workstation to even start?

Apparently not, there is this error 1068 appearing every time i tried to start the workstation. I've already searched different kinds of solution but nothing really works.