Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Temporary Workaround Found] Unable to login in-game

I_am_your_Sandvich

Message added by [DE]Danielle

Hey Tenno! 

We're aware of login issues and are working to get them resolved ASAP. Thank you for your patience

Mass login issues have been resolved! We are aware, however, that some of you are still experiencing some issues. We are still working out a solution, and will update this thread once we have nailed down a fix! Thank you for your patience. 

13 hours ago, plusman said:

FINALLY can login to WF since i became a club member at early initial this topic.(BUT yup, as u know i missed catalyst alert... )

I also sufferd from the same error '1068'.

In my case, I could start the WORKSTATION service at following steps bellow.

1:WIN+R, 2:cmd, 3:sc config mrxsmb10 start= demand(means restore default startup configuration for SMB 1.x MiniRedirector), 4:REBOOT

I think its valid solution for the others, but if 'mrxsmb10.sys' file was corrupted or missing in the %WinDir%\system32\DRIVERS folder...

hope u go well.

TBH, I don't recommend this solution untill deploy the hotfix as @Alaestor said.

it's really working!!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH 

FINALLY can login to WF since i became a club member at early initial this topic.(BUT yup, as u know i missed catalyst alert... )

1:WIN+R, 2:cmd, 3:sc config mrxsmb10 start= demand(means restore default startup configuration for SMB 1.x MiniRedirector), 4:REBOOT

I think its valid solution for the others, but if 'mrxsmb10.sys' file was corrupted or missing in the %WinDir%\system32\DRIVERS folder...

hope u go well.

TBH, I don't recommend this solution untill deploy the hotfix as @Alaestor said.

hope u go well.

hope u go well.

1 minute ago, Namaste34 said:

That opens you to a lot of known remote exploits and makes your computer very vulnerable. 

Please remember to deactivate workstation when you're finished logging in, and when the hotfix is released please type this into CMD

sc config mrxsmb10 start=disabled

I use Windows 7, and I've been playing just fine for years now without this 'SMB protocol' BS. I'm getting the same error which I guess is good 'coz I thought I was the only one, but I was still looking forward to this update and now I can't even experience it? This better be some sort of mistake and it needs to be fixed ASAP :I

2 minutes ago, 7NYLO7 said:

I use Windows 7, and I've been playing just fine for years now without this 'SMB protocol' BS. I'm getting the same error which I guess is good 'coz I thought I was the only one, but I was still looking forward to this update and now I can't even experience it? This better be some sort of mistake and it needs to be fixed ASAP :I

They will. for now, you can follow the temporary work-around guide i assembled.

На 13.10.2017 в 3:40 утра, IgnatOvidiu сказал:

здесь же

Всё прошло само собой но пробовал многое не чего не помогало уже решил  создать тему посмотреть что за ошибка вылезает   и   я охренел всё спокойно зашло

Im just... sad. Planned to sink in deep for 2 days in WF, as im most likely not going to have time during the week.First couldn't log in, so waited for hotfix while enjoying the update through streamers... Then couldn't link accounts till late night saturday. Then hotfix dropped, but turns out I still cant log in - same problem as described in this thread. Im not going to use workstation workaround just to play WF, sorry but I prefer to keep my bank accounts safe... Now its 6pm, sunday, I hoped when I wake up today it's going to be fixed... but it's slowly getting late, and no signs of fix on the horizon :/ Oh well... FeelsBadMan

20 minutes ago, IlKaithe said:

Im just... sad. Planned to sink in deep for 2 days in WF, as im most likely not going to have time during the week.First couldn't log in, so waited for hotfix while enjoying the update through streamers... Then couldn't link accounts till late night saturday. Then hotfix dropped, but turns out I still cant log in - same problem as described in this thread. Im not going to use workstation workaround just to play WF, sorry but I prefer to keep my bank accounts safe... Now its 6pm, sunday, I hoped when I wake up today it's going to be fixed... but it's slowly getting late, and no signs of fix on the horizon :/ Oh well... FeelsBadMan

I know the feels. My network is secure so I don't mind turning it on to log in then instantly stopping it, but if you're on a public network or in a house with other computers, or a non-strict firewall (or no fire wall), then it becomes a very big issue. Especially! if you need to use SMB 1.0 ... If it works with SMB 2 or 3, then you're fine(ish). But there have been some people who had issues starting workstation without also enabling SMB 1.0 (but that's quite rare...)

Edited by Alaestor

Just now, TheUglyOne89 said:

Man, this is Day 3 of the update and I still can't log in. Is there any news that dev is aware of this and is working to fix it? 

I am not using the workaround, nor I intend to, security is bigger priority for me than this game.

Thankfully, Glen has stated that a fix is in the pipeline, and should be arriving with the next hotpatch (regular patching schedule, i believe) 

4 minutes ago, LeXendZ said:

Just wondering, if people dont mess with services how is it disabled 

Good OEMs will likely disable it out of the box for home users, and some anti-threat (anti-malware / virus / ransomware / etc) systems will also nuke vulnerable services to reduce the attack surface of a given machine. edit: also some auto-optimization systems will disable unused services to free up system resources.

For those browsing the thread:

PLEASE READ THIS FOR THE TEMPORARY WORK-AROUND

(note, this does cause a security risk. read carefully)

Edited by Alaestor
edit: i'll try to keep the link to the work-around near the latest posts

got 3 days of free time from work, wanted to play warframe, the goddamn patch rolls out. why not just goddamn roll out the patch on tuesday or w/e ? why ruin the weekend for so many people who wanted to play the game ? unwise.

3 minutes ago, Alaestor said:

Джи, это почти как я сказал ему, что это не сработает для всех...

Для тех просматривают резьбы:

ПОЖАЛУЙСТА, ПРОЧИТАЙТЕ ЭТОТ НА ВРЕМЕННУЮ РАБОТУ-ВОКРУГ

(обратите внимание, это не может не вызывать угрозу безопасности. читайте внимательно)

better just wait for the hotfix,the weekend passed and DE Will start to work