The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Where Can I Fish For Murkray

MaalemHout

Question

2 minutes ago, Pavelord said:

I think they sell bait for atraccting murkrays, maybe you need to craft one of those or get lucky.

it's likely a bait only spawn, no way to know for sure when the update's only just come out

1 hour ago, MrCasper said:

But you have to have the bait in order to draw it out

So I have to catch 10 Traloks, 10 Mortus Lungfish, 20 Goopollas and then spend 5k Standing (About 2 hours worth of bounty hunting, without bugs) for a single use blueprint to make 20 bait to catch this fish without any other means of finding them?

DE, why the sudden grind in a mission players are going to see an hour or two into the game? Sending all the wrong messages. :(

6 hours ago, MrCasper said:

So i might have come to the conclusion that you have to leave some fish for them to spawn because i wasnt getting any to spawn until i left other fish alone

Just spent a whole day cycle doing this at your spot. Haven't seen a single Murkray  :( Am I missing something?

8 hours ago, MrCasper said:

So i have found the locations

But you have to have the bait in order to draw it out

Must be on shore as well Click here Location

you also have to hit them twice with the armor piercing spear

No way, I've definitely caught a murk already and only have the first spear.

Maybe it wasn't a murk, I dunno.

Edited by Rogue_Striker

I've found some murkray at the shore. Just head far right when you enter PoE until you reach an ocean, and fish there midday/night

EDIT: 

You also dont need bait. You have to be paitent though and you cant miss any shots, or else it wont come out.

Edited by Quedion

7 minutes ago, WaitWaitWaitWait said:

So why there is a bait only for murkray? 

The Amps parts seem to require alot of Murkray part each, and seeing as how hard it is to find Murkrays, its probably just to help farm them. But not like its easy getting the one time use bp for the Murkray bait. 5k Standing for 10 Murkray bait, kinda a jip

At the moment, the murkray bait appears to be bugged. I made some, then wasted literally all of it. Half of it disappeared instantly when thrown in the water, and the other half slowly sank to the bottom and did nothing. No murkrays appeared.

Does no one use the bloody wiki anymore? First thing I did

Fishing Locations and Biomes

747?cb=20171014135439

Depending on the location and type of body of water you'll encounter different species of fish.

• Shallow, small, rocky ponds (to the left and right to Cetus Gate):
  • Large lakes with algae (north of Cetus Gate):

From the wiki itself:

"This is based on few early opinions and may not be true. Please share your experience until better facts are proven."

Not to mention that the wiki states you need the special bait to catch Murkray whilst some folk are saying they've caught some without bait.