Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Sacrifice, Excalibur umbra and how they connect.

griztheone

I’m sure you’ve read tons of threads like this already, as have I, but by doing so, I came up with a connection deeper than the rest. I think Excalibur Umbra will be a frame controlled by a Sentient (maybe Hownow?). Umbra will be able to enter the void, which Sentients can’t do, and judging by the trailer, he may just destroy the void, which supports the recent rumors of the void getting nuked or removed. Since Umbra is Latin for shadow, it may mean that Excal Umbra doesn’t draw on void energy, but another source. Once he cuts off the void, the prime Warframes will be rendered useless and possibly the regular frames as well, putting the operator back in the spotlight to stop the Sentients. Umbra, however, will be freed from the Sentient control along the way and used against them, thus ending their plans again, but leaving the fate of the void and prime frames unknown. Do you guys think this could actually happen or would that be too much of a drastic change to the game?

1 minute ago, griztheone said:

I’m sure you’ve read tons of threads like this already, as have I, but by doing so, I came up with a connection deeper than the rest. I think Excalibur Umbra will be a frame controlled by a Sentient (maybe Hownow?). Umbra will be able to enter the void, which Sentients can’t do, and judging by the trailer, he may just destroy the void, which supports the recent rumors of the void getting nuked or removed. Since Umbra is Latin for shadow, it may mean that Excal Umbra doesn’t draw on void energy, but another source. Once he cuts off the void, the prime Warframes will be rendered useless and possibly the regular frames as well, putting the operator back in the spotlight to stop the Sentients. Umbra, however, will be freed from the Sentient control along the way and used against them, thus ending their plans again, but leaving the fate of the void and prime frames unknown. Do you guys think this could actually happen or would that be too much of a drastic change to the game?

Personally i think it will be balos controlling umbra and i think we will see hunhow sacrifice himself for the tenno that's my theory 

21 minutes ago, paul5473 said:

Personally i think it will be balos controlling umbra and i think we will see hunhow sacrifice himself for the tenno that's my theory 

Hunhow? sacrificing himself for us? highly doubt that o.O

43 minutes ago, griztheone said:

he may just destroy the void,

Destroy the Void? How on Earth could anyone do that? The Void is a vast mysterious space which no one understands and may even be sentient. How can you destroy something like that?

45 minutes ago, griztheone said:

supports the recent rumors of the void getting nuked or removed

That was ages ago when Sheldon made a comment at TennoCon of "blowing the Void up" when he was talking about changing the Void key system and how you farm Primes. DE already said the Void is not going away.

48 minutes ago, griztheone said:

Once he cuts off the void, the prime Warframes will be rendered useless and possibly the regular frames as well

The warframes don't need the Void to function. Don't know where you got that from.

46 minutes ago, paul5473 said:

hunhow sacrifice himself for the tenno

Yea, no.

5 minutes ago, paul5473 said:

I guess we'll see when it comes out 

Doubt we'll ever see it all. How did you manage to construct a theory that Hunhow will sacrifice himself for us, the very beings he's been trying to kill for most of his life. He even crippled his own reproduction system in order to get back to the Sol system to try and kill the Tenno/Orokin.

Edited by TheGodofWiFi

Just now, TheGodofWiFi said:

Doubt we'll ever see it all. How did you manage to construct a theory that Hunhow will sacrifice himself for us, the very beings he's been trying to kill for most of his life. He even crippled his own reproduction system in order to get back to the Sol system.

I feel he is being controlled higher up 

5 hours ago, TheGodofWiFi said:

Well that's a pretty poor basis to build a theory on. Hunhow definitely doesn't strike me as being "under pressure" from something else to kill the Tenno. 

It is not a theory at that point, it is a hypothesis. Theory means there is already a body on knowledge confirmed to be true from which a solidified system of information can be built upon. A hypothesis is an educated guess, but even that is stretching on what constitutes ' educated ' here. I agree that I doubt Hunhow is controlled by higher above since Sentient culture did not have any higher beings than the Sentients themselves of whom Hunhow is one of. Hunhow wasn't just some sentient, he was a high ranking personnel in their civilization.

Speaking of OP's point now, as other comments have pointed out, there are some problems with your theory. Additionally I would like to add that we don't really even know what ' sacrifice ' means even. For all we know it might be a character that has a lot of relevance to the Tenno's past or present (Lotus) and there is not way of fully knowing what did Ballas mean by ' sacrifice '.

Just now, shellspeed1 said:

He is technically adopted grandfather of the tenno if you remember that he is the father of the lotus who is adopted mother.

I know he is our "grandpa" but still he always trying to find ways to destroy us.. bad grandpa :p BAAAAD

Just now, GTX49 said:

I know he is our "grandpa" but still he always trying to find ways to destroy us.. bad grandpa :p BAAAAD

I'm more interested in why the sentients want to fight the one thing that can destroy them especially after we destroyed the orokin which were the real threat. As far I can tell there is no reason for the tenno and sentients to fight. Heck I would say its a poor choice for the two factions to fight.

Just now, shellspeed1 said:

I'm more interested in why the sentients want to fight the one thing that can destroy them especially after we destroyed the orokin which were the real threat. As far I can tell there is no reason for the tenno and sentients to fight. Heck I would say its a poor choice for the two factions to fight.

Well we kinda made his daughter disown him.. sooooo.. xD

• 3 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, (PS4)Elusive_Script said:

How would you control a frame with no operator? I'm sure there is no sacrifice of the operator, that would just throw the focus system out the window.

Best answer I can provide, make the umbra a merged version of both operator and warframe.

All I know about the sacrifice is it's probably gonna require completion of Octavia's Anthem & Chains of Harrow.

Rap, Tap, Tap Tenno........

Ordis : What the hell is this non - operator doing in the ship, command me to self destruct, here i'll start the process for you, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1.

And that folks was the story of warframe, Never trust a Unprepared Ship Cephalon that doesn't even have a fast foundry system.

I think I rather trust Jordas now.

Edited by CaptainJLP