Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Focus 2.0 is great, but was it necessary to remove the main previous abilities?!

Mr.Rsa

First of all I really like where DE are going with warframe like PoE and focus 2.0 with the warrior operator too

But why did they remove the main focus abilities (like Phoenix gaze on madurai school and mending tides on vazarin school etc.) Like the ability on the attached photo bellow

I really really really hope that you guys (DE) could bring these abilities back

Like pressing 5 will get you into the operator mode to have benefit from the new focus 2.0 but holding 5 will unleash this main ability like it was before

At least put it on the skill tree as an optional choice if i want it i can choose it and if i don't want it it will be sitting there doing nothing

Please please please please bring the main abilities back.

And thank you in advance.

With love ❤

(Credits for the attached photo is from the youtube channel: SOON YOUWILLDIE)maxresdefault.jpg

1 hour ago, Drazhar14 said:

RIP super lazerbeam mode

I really hope that it will come back again

Like something DE will do for a huge fan of their great game.

And I'm sure that I'm not the only one who wants that back

I'd be lying if I said I thought the majority of the main focus abilities were useful. Warframe abilities could pretty much do what they did, and a thousand times better thanks to mod-scaling and whatnot.

But, yeah I did feel the loss of these main techniques. Used to be I could slough off status effects by casting Zenurik, and it is unarguably a loss that I cannot do that anymore.

I would like these main, cd-based, abilities to return, but I think they should be much stronger to warrant their long cooldowns. It is a challenge to think of what could justify their cooldowns though, when a warframe is capable of rendering an entire battlefield vulnerable with a flick of the wrist, and doing that over and over again like it is nothing.

Like Ventura said, I think for the cooldown time the abilities should've been much more powerful. But, with the same dilemma, at what point would it be worth it compared to a Warframe's power?

I don't think it would hurt to keep the cooldown powers, but at the same time I think most people used them the way I did. I usually hit the button just long enough for the first blast of the Operator power so I can get the passives, then turned it back off. It just could never compare to what my Warframes and weapons could do with less time. Especially with how broken Naramon and Zenurik used to be, encouraging that method. There was rarely the occasion that using the full duration of that power was beneficial even with the Zenurik holding enemies and Naramon confusing them. Usually you hit more than enough people with them in the first two pulses. 

And the damage of Madurai wasn't all that great against high level enemies compared to Warframes and weapons because of armor scaling.