Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Focus cap. Please i'm begging you to remove it (or expand with platinum)

GildartsAnonn

The focus rework is great and finaly our operators can do things but having said that why is focus cap still a thing!!! It is a really annoying feature and i honnestly believe that nobody wants it. I want to spend time to farm focus so i can get my operator up and going but i have to wait day after day for the cap to get reset. I spent platinum on boosters and lens specificaly for farming focus and it feels soooo unrewarding. I don't understand why having a cap in the first place is a good idea. Seriously please, please remove the cap limit. Let us farm focus as much as we can ;-;

EDIT : or another idea is to allow us the option to expand the limit with platinum and/or at some point remove it altogether.

Edited by GildartsAnonn

Blame lootcaves mechanic. Caps were introduced for us to hamper our progress along weeks to not go through all of content in few hours and *@##$ about lack of it. With caps at least you have illusion of steady progression. I hate caps as well, but those are for reason.

Is there an argument here besides "I really want my way on this" and "I think everybody else agrees with me"? If so, I'm not seeing it.

OP, how will this make the game better for everyone? How is the current situation a bad thing (other than you can't farm Focus until your fingers fall off)?

Make your case in terms of the game &/or the players in general, and you might convince somebody. But making the argument in terms of your own wants and desires, and your guesses that 'everybody wants' or nobody wants' some aspect of the game idn't going to convince many people. Sorry, dude.

This video is a pretty good watch about why developers make some decisions. I think one of the quotes in it that can apply to quite a few players I've seen :

"Given the opportunity, players will optimize the fun out of a game."

Spoiler

Maybe it will help you think of something DE could do besides let you grind focus until you burn out.

59 minutes ago, FierceRadiance said:

Is there an argument here besides "I really want my way on this" and "I think everybody else agrees with me"? If so, I'm not seeing it.

OP, how will this make the game better for everyone? How is the current situation a bad thing (other than you can't farm Focus until your fingers fall off)?

Make your case in terms of the game &/or the players in general, and you might convince somebody. But making the argument in terms of your own wants and desires, and your guesses that 'everybody wants' or nobody wants' some aspect of the game idn't going to convince many people. Sorry, dude.

1) this is my view on it and as i said "i honnestly believe" and not "i know for sure" should have given it away.

2) for an average player chances are they won't be able to hit the cap during their around 1 hour every day. To hit the cap you need either to actively focus on farming focus or to play a lot of hours. due to this the cap only affects players that actively do farm it and probably spend plat on boosters for it to go faster.

3) to me it's really unrewarding to specificaly spend platinum to better my gaming experience only to use a booster for just a fraction for my gaming time and then watch it waste away and i can't imagine anyone would be fine with it.

4) to clarify, i am only taking about focus farming, that only affects your personal gaming experience. i wasn't talking about syndicate farming. i know i didn't mention it anywere but i just wanted to clarify that just in case.

5) the game is a grindfest. you need to farm and farm and farm to do and build anything but then you get a limit on it effectively stoping you from doing what the game needs you to do in the first place. i can't see a real reason why the cap exists. it only affects players that actualy spend a lot of time in the game and i don't understand why there would be a limit for those that actualy choose to spend a big portion of their time playing it. it just feels like a weird move, it doesn't feel like that to you?

i know what i say here is going to get ignored. a lot of things have been mentioned before about focus or univac etc but i can't just not care about it. since i do believe that removing the focus cap would make a lot of people including myself a lot happier why wouldn't i mention it. don't get me wrong. i have no problem with how things are right now and i am happy about the game and how de does things but the cap is that 1 thing that annoys me.

Edit : another idea is to allow us the option to spend platinum to expand the limit or at some point to remove it altogether. i would be happy to pay and that wouldn't affect anything else really.

Edited by GildartsAnonn

GildartsAnonn, I'm not saying your argument is wrong. I'm saying you weren't presenting it well. Yes, a great deal of what players say here on the forums gets ignored, overlooked, or otherwise makes no impact on DE. But if you present your argument as though it's all about you and your own personal situation, you practically guarantee it will be ignored - "Opinions are like asses; we all have one." is the famous quote.  Plus, you run the risk of sounding entitled, as though what you're complaining about should be changed just because it's you complaining about it.

My suggestion was, think about what you want and explain how all Tenno would benefit from it, avoid blanket statements like 'everyone knows' or 'everybody hates' which you can't possibly have actual knowledge of, and show how your suggestion will make the game better. From the looks of your response, you've already done a good deal of this. Now you're making an argument that might persuade your fellow Tenno and/or DE!

4 hours ago, RobWasHere said:

Blame lootcaves mechanic. Caps were introduced for us to hamper our progress along weeks to not go through all of content in few hours and *@##$ about lack of it. With caps at least you have illusion of steady progression. I hate caps as well, but those are for reason.

Issue is, lootcaves themselves are still fundamental while trying to get focus - the gain is so small that only through specialized farming can someone ever hope to reach it. 

Specially with that convergence orb bull crap mechanic. 

Don't take me wrong, I hate lootcaves. But I also know that, unless DE actually fixes the gain so that I can play and do other stuff and still get a nice amount of focus, I'll have to resort to them. 

1 minute ago, tnccs215 said:

Issue is, lootcaves themselves are still fundamental while trying to get focus - the gain is so small that only through specialized farming can someone ever hope to reach it. 

Specially with that convergence orb bull crap mechanic. 

Don't take me wrong, I hate lootcaves. But I also know that, unless DE actually fixes the gain so that I can play and do other stuff and still get a nice amount of focus, I'll have to resort to them. 

Stealth exterminates gives me sufficent supply.

Just now, RobWasHere said:

Is that not a loot cave? 

It's certainly not an ortodox one, I'll give you that - but you still are actively going out of your way to take advantage of game systems so that you have a sufficient supply. 

If a reword will make it more palatable, see it this way: I either play the Plains, or farm focus. The fact I cannot adequately farm focus while playing the Plains - like I do with syndicate standing - is my major gripe. And with a booster, for crap's sake. 

I don't mind a cap, but 100k, 250k, etc is not enough considering how much we need to spend to get stuff from Focus Trees. It should be AT LEAST double that, 500k, it would still take 20 days just to get the last level of the way-bound nodes. It is still BS but at least you can get a last level of a way-bound every 2 days, so you feel you are getting something.

4 minutes ago, RobWasHere said:

Also, this is not the problem, I too get my focus on exterminates, but in ~3 runs I'm maxed and  even if I want to, I can't get more because the daily cap is too low

that's the problem i find with it basicaly. you need 4 days worth of farming just to unlock the last tier of 1 ability and i'm not even counting the focus you need to reach the last tier nor the focus you need to spend to increase the capacity to allow you to open them and every school has 2 of them AND i am also not counting the rest of the abilities in every focus school. this is outright ridiculous. you have to spend months if you wish to get them all. sorry if i didn't make my concern clearer from the start and it came out like a selfcentered thing. should i edit my original post to include everything? 

2 minutes ago, GildartsAnonn said:

. this is outright ridiculous. you have to spend months if you wish to get them all.

I would be somewhat OK with this (not with months, but with weeks) if it wasn't for some key issues:

1) you are capped into that time table

2) there is no way to increase it

3) perhaps the worst offender, to even stick to that schedule you need to play daily for hours on laboriously optimized and arguably unfun ways. It's too much in every possible way. 

10 hours ago, Maicael said:

This video is a pretty good watch about why developers make some decisions. I think one of the quotes in it that can apply to quite a few players I've seen :

Hide contents

Maybe it will help you think of something DE could do besides let you grind focus until you burn out.

Thanks for sharing this

11 hours ago, Maicael said:

Hide contents

Maicael, this is a great peek behind the curtain; thanks for including it. I think this is an area where DE could show improvement, and maybe even a lot of improvement.

On several occasions in the course of the game's development, to my eye it's been pretty obvious that instead of improving a game element, DE simply forced it down players' throats and made them use it. Jordas forced players to use the then-unpopular Archwing mechanic in order to defeat that boss. Operators are an even better example of this. I'm not sure why DE introduced them to the game, perhaps it was something they always intended to do as part of the lore. But Operators are at odds with a great deal of WF: they aren't powerful, robustly healthy, fast, potentially overpowered compared to their enemies, or many other things that the Warframe battle suits have always been. Players who came to WF to enjoy playing as a Warframe seem, not surprisingly, to be turned off by these little children. But instead of improving Operators, by mildly changing the Focus system DE just slapped a new coat of paint on them and then made them essential to the Eidolon 'boss battles'.

DE has proven over time that if a system is broken, they are willing to burn it down and begin again. But not always, and Operators are, IMHO, a good example of an area of the game that DE should completely overhaul but is unwilling to. With this revamp, I'm guessing it will now be years before Operators will see any improvement.

29 minutes ago, FierceRadiance said:

Maicael, this is a great peek behind the curtain; thanks for including it. I think this is an area where DE could show improvement, and maybe even a lot of improvement.

On several occasions in the course of the game's development, to my eye it's been pretty obvious that instead of improving a game element, DE simply forced it down players' throats and made them use it. Jordas forced players to use the then-unpopular Archwing mechanic in order to defeat that boss. Operators are an even better example of this. I'm not sure why DE introduced them to the game, perhaps it was something they always intended to do as part of the lore. But Operators are at odds with a great deal of WF: they aren't powerful, robustly healthy, fast, potentially overpowered compared to their enemies, or many other things that the Warframe battle suits have always been. Players who came to WF to enjoy playing as a Warframe seem, not surprisingly, to be turned off by these little children. But instead of improving Operators, by mildly changing the Focus system DE just slapped a new coat of paint on them and then made them essential to the Eidolon 'boss battles'.

DE has proven over time that if a system is broken, they are willing to burn it down and begin again. But not always, and Operators are, IMHO, a good example of an area of the game that DE should completely overhaul but is unwilling to. With this revamp, I'm guessing it will now be years before Operators will see any improvement.

this is only my personal opinion of course but i completely disagree. getting new mechanics in and having a rework every now and then makes the game feel fresh and provide content for those who played for a long time. also lore is a big part of it which warframe really needs more and with the addition of the operators the game took a completely new turn on both mechanics and lore. of course you do not have to use the operators at all if you do not wish to apart from the quests but not using them would be a waste.you don't need to hunt the eidolon unless you actualy use the operators and/or the focus schools. as for the archwing i'm 50/50 on it.

4 hours ago, GildartsAnonn said:

this is only my personal opinion of course but i completely disagree. getting new mechanics in and having a rework every now and then makes the game feel fresh and provide content for those who played for a long time. also lore is a big part of it which warframe really needs more and with the addition of the operators the game took a completely new turn on both mechanics and lore. of course you do not have to use the operators at all if you do not wish to apart from the quests but not using them would be a waste.you don't need to hunt the eidolon unless you actualy use the operators and/or the focus schools. as for the archwing i'm 50/50 on it.

Fair enough.

the only thing i could say is actually change how much focus you can gain tied to your mastery rank. but as for incrasing it from where it currently is, i do understand that we need alot to ever max out even a single node. but this is a system that is ment to take time to have over awhile. unlike warframes a operator is part of the skills you have acess to at all times of one of the 5 schools you chose. infact a maxed out operator from my undrrstanding of the skills are rather powerful

Personally.. I don't think the caps are the problem. Its the stupid convergence system. You need to have an optimized team and setup to even come close to hitting the daily cap for focus. Get rid of that crap.. just give us the full affinity as focus for everything that has a lens.. like the syndicats. That way maybe people can actually hit the cap through normal game play.. like how a cap is SUPPOSED to work.

Honest question - how are you guys even hitting cap? - I barely earn 250k focus in an entire week. For me the problem with focus isn't the cap, it's how bloody unobtainable it is in the first place (And yes I have lenses in all my gear). Even the cheese grinds take a couple hours to hit cap and are mind-numbing in the extreme.

Edited by RyuujinZERO

1 hour ago, RyuujinZERO said:

Honest question - how are you guys even hitting cap? - I barely earn 250k focus in an entire week. For me the problem with focus isn't the cap, it's how bloody unobtainable it is in the first place (And yes I have lenses in all my gear). Even the cheese grinds take a couple hours to hit cap and are mind-numbing in the extreme.

in a solo sense. stealth multiplayer abuse. ivara with sleep and such makes it really easy when the enemys are to sleepy to know your getting 5k a kill

8 hours ago, RyuujinZERO said:

Banshee on bere, 4 rounds is about 100k with greater lens. Do twice to hit cap

Edited by zornyan