Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe "uninstalled" itself?!

Acersecomic

Question

So... I just had a hard crash, of sorts. I was doing a bounty and then the game froze for a few seconds, minimized itself and then continued going, I could shoot and all but... I was looking at my desktop and I could not raise the game up. The only thing I could do was to force close the game through the Task Managed, which resulted in the screen going black, FOREVER. I restarted my PC and poof, problem. Starting Warframe launcher prompts Steam installation for a new game. Tried manually starting but that does absolutely nothing. Warframe also no longer exists in my game library nor can it be found by looking for it to add as a non-steam game. The game still exists on the PC, in all its 22,8GB glory. It just... refuses to aknowledge its existence.

So before I delete the game manually and reinstall it, I'd like to hear if there is a solution. I will submit this exact text to support as well.

• Like 1

Adding myself to this list.  Salt in the wound considering the crash was from my EVGA card literally catching fire and I had to physically pull the power out of the wall.  Last time I buy this crap brand >.<  (still salty sorry)

Just had this happen.

HOW could this be Steam's fault, huh? Especially since Warframe refuses to use Steam to run updates because whenever there's an update I don't get it until I run the game THEN the Warframe launcher updates the game. So if there's a miscommunication between files... well, gee whiz. Maybe it's because Warframe is doing its own crap outside of Steam, huh?

Then there's the obvious fact that I've never had this happen with any other Steam game AND the fact that all of the Warframe files appear to still be there. INCLUDING the launcher. And when I run that launcher manually and ignore Steam? The launcher starts downloading the entire game. Oh, but not before asking me where the Warframe files are. You know, the ones in the same folder as the launcher. Where they've always been.

On 2017-11-14 at 7:03 PM, Crazy_Nixon said:

So, as much fun as it is to re-download a 20GB game over and over and over again, is there any solution to this, or just stop playing WF?

It's fairly rare but it's a Steam thing, the only real solution if it become a regular occurrence is to download the Standalone WF launcher directly from DE. 

For a tl;dr explanation

what is happening is Steam loses track of the game and or forces a validation.

Either one of them results in steam coming up with a bunch of files being mismatched. Tho they are mismatched because the files Steam has are about a year out of date. So what ends up happening is Steam redownloads the older files to correct the mismatching error. Which unfortunately has the effect of downgrading all the associated files.

Then when you go to run the launcher it sees all the out of date files and starts the painstaking process of re-updating all of them again. 

Unfortunately there is really nothing that I know of that can stop the process once it has started. 

Just happened to me too!

My Warframe crashed hard to a blue screen, restarted my computer, no trace of the game on my drive or the Steam library.

And I'm like "Is THIS the Second Dream? Did I just hallucinate 5 years?"

Then I'm like "Oh no something weird happened."

At least I'm laughing really hard while I reinstall.

Oh boy, let me tell You about the add-on to that unfix bug, after opening the game, the right click didn't respond anymore, at all, so I had to do a hard reset to my PC. When it turn back one Warframe was uninstalled, and the resolution on my PC was off, so I had to re-install the graphics drive. Isn't that awesome?

Adding myself to this issue, it's happened to me about once a month for the past three months. Nothing has changed with my computer set up nor have I downloaded any new programs. After the second time it happened in November I switched to just using the Warframe launcher but that has not resolved the issue. Warframe crashed at the login screen, made my machine completely unresponsive forcing a hard reboot. When I run the launcher a minute or two later it fires up, checks for updates, and then immediately starts a 25GB download, despite the Warframe folder already being 25GB in size. 

The only consolation I have is I only have to wait 2 hours rather than the 7 other people have reported. 

Adding myself to the list, the game magically uninstalled itself when i started my pc, i didn't force the game to close itself, my steam said Online instead of in-game in order to turn off the PC without any trouble, and now i turn it on, poof, DO YOU WANT TO INSTALL WARFRAME AGAIN? Steam's fault, and its just absurd

coming in here 2 years in the future, bug still exists. was doing railjack when i had to do my weekly room sterilization thing so i quit the game quickly and went downstairs. next thing i know is my computer restarted itself and steam deleted warframe. yaaaay 2 hours of nothingness and waiting

50 minutes ago, EquinoxV01D_254 said:

coming in here 2 years in the future, bug still exists. was doing railjack when i had to do my weekly room sterilization thing so i quit the game quickly and went downstairs. next thing i know is my computer restarted itself and steam deleted warframe. yaaaay 2 hours of nothingness and waiting

Wait, so you left your computer unattended, come back to find that your computer rebooted, so now nekro a thread to blame the devs?

3e01f9dae7943a7479aa1190ab0a8c57.gif

• Like 1