Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why the Obsession with Item Pickups?

BlackCoMerc

DE frequently dreams up mission mechanics and introduces them to the game based solely on the idea as it looks on paper:

-Reactant: The presence of this ridiculous pickup item has caused no end of issues. Problems with O2 and energy drops on missions on Survival and Excavation missions. Players not cracking Relics due to arriving late. The need to artificially inflate enemy spawns to ensure sufficient drops. Drops clipping through terrain. Breaking the pace and flow of missions for literally no good, viable reason. There is literally no need to Reactant to exist...yet it breaks the pacing constantly and adds literally nothing to game play.

-Supply Beacons on the Plains: These have clipped, failed to appear, failed to insert into mobile Vaults. The Vaults have failed to convert and/or open. Again...picking up this item adds NOTHING to game play. Its just an arbitrary condition to code into and around. Why do this?

-Mobile Defense Data Packet: Archwing doesnt even HAVE one. The data apparently is container in our Warframe. Yet we still have to carry this packet on ground based missions. It arbitrarily limits one player's weapon choice, often clips, makes switching to a scanner a dreadful pain, punishes accidental weapon swaps needlessly...all so it can add...what, exactly? Its presence for the sake of it? Again, it adds NOTHING to game play.

Please consider eliminating this unhealthy fixation with unnecessary pickup items. Its very limiting, and it makes a lot of missions feel like exactly the same activity over and over again. Its tedious, time consuming, breaks the flow of game play...all of which would be acceptable, if it added ANYTHING AT ALL REMOTELY FUN OR INTERESTING...which it also doesnt. 

Just now, aboninate said:

oh snap

I dont mean to be rude with the post. I am genuinely curious why DE has this fixation. About what it is they think this adds to game play. Why they believe its a fun addition. Why they think its necessary or interesting or at all necessary.

Seriously curious, because for the life of me, I cannot see any good, valid reason to do these sorts of things, especially given the number of problems introduced in exchange for mechanics that add so little to game play. 

13 minutes ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

Reactants can now be Vacuumed by Sentinels.

Supply Beacons are Vacuumed by Sentinels.

and there is the issue...SENTINEL REQUIREMENT...what if i wanted to bring my kat or brow to these missions...then im stuck looking for these and having to literally go ut of my way to get to them

3 minutes ago, maj.death said:

The better question is why do people find it so damn hard to pick up loot?

simple...we are ALL crutched by Vacuum.

24 minutes ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

M-Def Datamass, Dont see an issue here. I play the game for more than 4 years and a half and never had issue with them other than them getting stuck in the ground some times.

Encountered one where data-mass fall in the gaps between 2 big box/

5 minutes ago, maj.death said:

The better question is why do people find it so damn hard to pick up loot? 

Cause, 

1. Lazy to travel there
  2. Important loot is bugged, and a certain frame manage to get it.
  3. Endless mission end result screen (Continue/leave) pop-up in x seconds, not enough time to loot due to reason.
  4. Some people dont tag & tell others of important/ rare loots. Last time is rage+QT combo.

40 minutes ago, maj.death said:

The better question is why do people find it so damn hard to pick up loot? My only issue is with sentient cores / shards which will roll away down hill into the void never to be seen again unless you've got vacuum to get it when it drops.

It's not hard. It's tedious and a constant break in KILLING THINGS to go around picking trash off of the ground in the hopes it's that one thing you need.