Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Remove the daily focus cap, convergence orbs, and a zero from all focus node costs.

Roikan

Yeah!

Playing Adavo with an Equinox and a long range melee may be fun for some but I prefer not to have to do that.

It's boring and yet there's no other good way to farm focus without having to take weeks to see any progression.

Edited by OoKeNnEtHoO

On 10/24/2017 at 2:27 PM, MayssonFairbanks said:

Two observations:

1. the focus grind seems to be designed for hardcore gamers. 

2. the focus grind is the only way to make the Operator remotely fun / interesting / useful. 

Judging by the amount of grind and the setup required to hit the daily cap, it is obvious that DE wants the operator / focus parts of the game to be reserved for hardcore gamers. This is somewhat detrimental to the rest of the playerbase, aka the majority of warframe players.

Suits me fine.

If they reserve it only for the hardcore grinders, that means they aren't likely to continue the idiocy of locking stuff behind Operator game play.

Which is good, because operator game play is laughably bad.

On 10/25/2017 at 9:35 AM, ChaosSabre said:

Yea the grind is pretty much absurd.

You'll get two kinds of people for this the hardcore veteran that can get max focus in 5 adaro runs and the casual player who won't even know how to get even closely to that daily limit. And all fast focus grinds require you to have best lenses and some of the most expensive mods in the game. And I don't think this is good for veteran players. It doesn't really add anything to the game. It's just mindless busy work. I mean you can forma a frame 6 times in an hour. I don't understand why focus needs months of farming to get even close. It's not even that good. Only thing you'd actually want is the zenurik energy regen and madurai damage passives. That's it. Rest is useless operator stuff that you won't even bother past Eidolon hunting.

I maxed my zenurik dash and I'm never gonna bother farming focus again since I don't see a point in investing in anything else. Sure you can get waybound passives for your operator in everything. But current way operator work for eidolon hunts is hold fire, hold ctrl, wait for recharge, rinse and repeat. And even if your operator dies it just knocks off max health for your frame for a bit and in a eidolon hunt if you are going with a proper team that is negligable. You can just face tank eidolons with operator and be perfectly fine.

Agreed.

Unlocked energy Regen and immediately stopped caring about Focus. No reason to bother with it, since Operators are neither fun, nor WARFRAME content...

On 10/24/2017 at 1:26 PM, Roikan said:

There, entire Focus system fixed. In its current state it will take literally years to finish. I'm all for lengthy endgame content to motivate veterans, but I've not met a single person who likes the current state of the grind.

The focus cap is there for safety.  If we discover some unintended way to get tons of focus (like some did for syndicates before the cap) it prevents us from just racking it up until a fix.  Convergence orbs are meant to add to the complexity of gameplay.  Granted they don't add much and are mostly just annoying, but it's there.  Less grind?  Meh?  I'm doing pretty alright since they last reduced it.  I was pretty diligent about putting lens' on stuff even when I didn't need focus, but I don't do eidolons much and have quite a bit unlocked.

Is it just me, or has there been a spike in thread necros recently???

Anywho, it's good that they reduced node costs as a stopgap measure but they really needed to up the gain rate. What's ridiculous is that they didn't touch the Waybounds, which needed the cost reduction the most.

Having an Eidolon lens on my Frame gives a decent enough amount of Focus per mission sans grinding... IF I pick up and grind Convergence. That needs to change.

Convergence needs to be scrapped and rolled into the default gain rate, and the lenses need to be rebalanced a little.

No idea if you guys read anything about the next PoE/focus/operator update coming very soon, but you may be getting some of the changes you want, I read there's to be a 30% reduction on the cost of focus abilities, all focus points are being refunded, and there reworking the focus pools. Take a look if you haven't already, there's notifications on your orbiters news Pannell.

9 minutes ago, (Xbox One)DeathVessle said:

No idea if you guys read anything about the next PoE/focus/operator update coming very soon, but you may be getting some of the changes you want, I read there's to be a 30% reduction on the cost of focus abilities, all focus points are being refunded, and there reworking the focus pools. Take a look if you haven't already, there's notifications on your orbiters news Pannell.

That's the next patch for consoles. PC has this for quite some time now.
You should look what you are answering to.

2 hours ago, (Xbox One)DeathVessle said:

God's teeth I hope that's true...the benefits of passive waybounds were so poorly explained (especially the bit about maxing them so they're applied regardless of the school equipped) that I dumped points into areas when they could have been placed into waybounds. That and I placed points into that main pool thinking it would help overall...hint: it didn't.

I'm sure there's a lot of people that need to respec. Again.

Edited by MirageKnight

10 minutes ago, MirageKnight said:

God's teeth I hope that's true...the benefits of passive waybounds were so poorly explained (especially the bit about maxing them so they're applied regardless of the school equipped) that I dumped points into areas when they could have been placed into waybounds. That and I placed points into that main pool thinking it would help overall...hint: it didn't.

I'm sure there's a lot of people that need to respec.

Seems like you don't know about the patches we got on PC allready. óÒ

37 minutes ago, WhiteMarker said:

That's the next patch for consoles. PC has this for quite some time now.
You should look what you are answering to.

Im looking.

Please, whitemarker, tell me where this has a PC tag on it, because all I see is a title with no Consul tags. None of the previous posts on this page refer to PC.

Obviously we don't play on the PC so why would we know what PC has or doesn't have. Im new to focus, I only just finished the war within two to three weeks ago. I don't know how skills are unlocked, what items are required, or how to get them. Idk if it's different from PC because I don't play on PC.

Don't act like it should be obvious that your talking about PC when nothing in the post (to someone new to focus) suggests your talking about PC.

Also note that PC players aren't the only players that use these forums (obviously) we all do, im from Xbox.  

Obviously people from Consoles are reading this page, and, if they haven't already seen it in their orbiter, they will see that there's a new update coming to consoles. Y'know, like the other guy up there you try to make look like an idiot by pointing out "we don't know what's on PC", he is probably from Xbox or PS4, why should he know or care what's on PC?

@(Xbox One)DeathVessle

You can get context from the fact that most of the discussion is from PC players, not Xbox One or PS4 players.

So unless you are replying specifically to a console player (in which case please quote them), it should be safe to assume that they are talking about the PC build.

Tags are optional, and many don't bother... So don't get caught up in tagging conventions.

1 hour ago, WhiteMarker said:

Seems like you don't know about the patches we got on PC allready. óÒ

I do know because I play PC - I'm just saying I'd like to see us given a respec along with the supposedly planned removal of Convergence Orbs, because that so needs to be thrown out a friggin' airlock into the Sun.

Just now, MirageKnight said:

I do know because I play PC - I'm just saying I'd like to see us given a respec along with the supposedly planned removal of Convergence Orbs, because that so needs to be thrown out a friggin' airlock into the Sun.

There is no such thing planned. You quoted a guy from consoles. He doesn't know about the PC-updates. We got the changes to Focus allready.

1 minute ago, WhiteMarker said:

There is no such thing planned.

Excuse me? There was talk about possibly removing Orbs and tweaking the rates at which Focus is acquired on a couple of recent streams. THAT is what I'm referring to - aside from what the other player mentioned. Console players also have access to Twitch streams and YouTube and I thought maybe this guy had access to some news that maybe I didn't.

5 minutes ago, WhiteMarker said:

We got the changes to Focus allready.

I know about those changes...the ones that had the slightly lowered costs. I play on a nearly daily basis.

I was hoping there's plans to lower it further as well...because the requirements are still a bit daunting.