Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I seems weak no matter what i do

Rare-devil

Question

So im fairly new to warframe, started with my friend a little while ago, im now master rank 6 but i cant see to do any damage to enemies over lvl 40 with anything except my broken war that i got from the story, And i cant figure out why, i got a multi shot serration boltor that i have used formas on twice but still does almost nothing, same with all other weapons and warframes and i dont understand :/ While my friend can instantly kill a boss that i barely do any damage on, and by time and farming i have spent more than 20 hours more than him on the game

Edited by Rare-devil

10 answers to this question

Elemental type makes a big difference, as well as the physical type. Different types of enemies are resistant and/or weak to certain damage types.

Scanning enemies a certain number of times and then looking them up in your codex will tell you their weaknesses and resistances, or check out the wiki.

if possible put corrosive(poison+electric) on your weapons its the beat all element for warframe and I've had little to no problems when leveling my jank weapons in Helene on 10+ waves. corrosive projection aura is also an option

on top of modding you will also need potatos (orokin reactors/catalysts) so watch out for those alerts, why they aren't made more easy to get like formas is beyond me

also the reason your broken war appears stronger is that stroy weapons always have a potato in them that gives the weapon extra mod capacity, again why they make it such a chore is beyond me.

You seem to actually be doing fairly well for where you are. Like others said, try to find elemental mods to put on your weapons as well, as those can be big time damage enhancers alongside multi-shot & serration. A good aura mod can enhance damage too, whether it be one that weakens enemies armor, or something like Steel Charge that gives a straight boost to your melee damage. There's nothing wrong with relying heavily on your melee weapon until you can find better mods for your guns either, just don't try to dive into missions that are obviously too hard.

55 minutes ago, Rare-devil said:

So im fairly new to warframe, started with my friend a little while ago, im now master rank 6 but i cant see to do any damage to enemies over lvl 40 with anything except my broken war that i got from the story, And i cant figure out why, i got a multi shot serration boltor that i have used formas on twice but still does almost nothing, same with all other weapons and warframes and i dont understand :/ While my friend can instantly kill a boss that i barely do any damage on, and by time and farming i have spent more than 20 hours more than him on the game

Rank 6?  You just need to continue to increase your mods.  Farm Endo, scrap old mods for Endo, keep upgrading your mods and also use "Forma" to increase the capacity on your weapons/Frame in order to mount more powerful mods. 

Also, what frame are you playing?  There are some rather weak frames, like Ember, Banshee, where yeah, they dont take fire well and will die pretty damn quick.  Also, yeah, over lvl 40, you need some pretty well upgraded stuff to deal with them.  40-50+ is where mobs start hitting like trains, dropping even tougher frames like Oberon P fairly quickly if your not careful.  Also, Ember, while she is weak, she does IMMENSE damage, so, just gotta learn your frame. 

Also, you have to take into account weapon damage types vs certain enemies.  Google "Warframe Damage 2.0" and read up.  It depends on what you bring to the fight.  You can watch YT videos explaining it as well.  But the basic jist is Vs Grineer, you want to bring Puncture for the armor(Yellow bar), and Slash for health.  Corrosive/Radiation melts the armor off the grineer.  Corrosive Projection(CP) is a nice Aura to bring for a free, -30% reduction to enemy armor ,stackable with allies up to 120%, if all 4 bring a CP. 

Vs Corpus, you want magnetic(To destroy shields) and slash and ive also heard Viral to take care of their health.

Vs Corrupted, the yellow guys, you treat them like Grineer, but the Corpus guys you just head shot them, or treat them like Corpus.  You must also look out for the gangly spindly "pedobears", as I call them, or the Ancient Healers, if one is nearby, you can have an Orbital strike and will struggle to kill stuff, healers give allies HUGE damage reductions.  

Also, look out for guys with bubbles and shields around them, as well as shield drones and certain buff mobs in missions, which will also make mobs tougher.   

On the Boltor, I personally didnt like it much.  Your Rank 6, get you a Soma Prime, trick it out wiht Critical Hit, Critical Damage and as many damage mods as you can get, remembering to change your elementals based on what you fight and have fun wrecking face. 

Ultimately, you might just be fighting above your current power level.  Need to go back and raise mods more.  If you want a tougher frame that can take hits better, get a Rage+Oberon/Prime, who can maintain heals and has a good degree of AoE damage, or get a Rhino/Prime, who can press 2 for basically god mode.  Also, Trinity, a weak frame, but has complete healing and endless power supplies(but has little in the way of damage abilities).  Trin is very tough if you manage your skills well, but straight up, dies quickly. 

Edited by KnightCole

14 hours ago, KnightCole said:

Vs Corpus, you want magnetic(To destroy shields) and slash and ive also heard Viral to take care of their health.

Good advise but the above wants to be Toxin not Viral.  Toxin bypasses shields Viral doesn't.

If there's ever a choice of Magnetic or Toxin due to mod space go Toxin

With regard to the OP.

Try to Mod strongly not waste space with "Fluff" Mods you picked up that sound cool but ultimately do nothing useful.

I used to keep several copies of damage and elemental mods Rank 4, 6, 8, 10 to be able to fit things in

Serration is your first priority. 

then add an element, then multi-shot, or another element unless it's a crit based weapon (which bolter isn't)

Forma will help stack bigger better mods but even without them you can be viable

Ordinary Soma is excellent unless you have access to Prime version, but even a standard Braton is good enough modded properly with just a catalyst. 

The same principle applies to Warframes too.