The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mag got "buffed", but do you see anyone using her?

CaptainJLP

13 hours ago, Otaku_Hyen said:

Mag to buff and some nerfs aswell but basically it is just a change from polarizing to magnetizing enemies. The old polarize scaled with the level now the magnetize does this. If her first, second, third ability scale, mag given plus 25 max energy and her armor up to 100 then it will be a very common frame. Personally I see a lot of mag so not that rare as many peoples think. She needs still some visit and make her more survival type but this up to the volt too, which needs more armor, more base speed 1.10 from 1.00 and scaling ability.

not gonna lie this is pretty accurate, though i dont think all of her moves have to really scale, maybe her polarize so you can get more armor and shields stripped at higher levels (falls off round level 60 or so for me), her 1 maybe if they buff the chance for it to make enemies drop energy orbs then i feel like that could work or give it some synergy with magnetize to pull enemies into magnetize like someone suggested before, her 4 they can just honestly swap that with another move entirely i feel like its the weakest part of her kit at present although the  augment is really good maybe let its armor stripping scale with power str. Honestly, i believe that she isnt used in many missions due to the way she mainly kills enemies, shes best for survival and defense missions or mobile defense and excavations even, most of the other missions are alot more fast paced such as exterminate where people will just run ember or equinox 96% of the time and just speed though like theyr braindead. 

I didn't read all four pages I'm guessing others have already said this, but people just did not know how to play her right.

I use her almost everyday in 99% of the time I out damage the entire party combined by a wide margin.   she is certainly In Contention to be the most devastatingly dominant offensive Warframes in the game when played correctly.

Long story short on her polarize is not her go to skill anymore it is not what it used to be however magnetized is extremely powerful,  she's stronger now than she ever was before.  Max out the range and bubble the world.   Defense, Mobile Defense, interception missions she can absolutely dominate the entire map, with a max range build.

0StEE5U.jpg

I used the screen shot recently in another thread so I just happen to have it offhand...

Sorti 3 kuva Fortress mobile defense.   in that mission I have enemy radar as my aura I can see every area the enemies are coming from and I can bubble off every single one of them all of them go to their deaths and every 8 seconds I have an explosion that does literally millions of damage over 40m...  she's actually so powerful that if more knew how to play her right she would be nerfed.

Edit  that screenshot is a little old but I used her on the Mobile Defense sorti 3 just today I think on that one I did a little worse that I only had 87% of total damage,  I was kind of slacking off.

Edited by (PS4)Eluminary

she's still a magnetize bot. strength is useless, just stack range. most of the damage comes from your weapons. just pick a weapon that doesn't rely on status/crit, preferably a projectile weapon with punchthrough and you can pop 1-2 bubble that'll turn into a nuke that ignore walls

her other abilities are s**t. pull is inconsistent and some enemies outright resists them, it still flings people everywhere instead of actually pulling them on your feet, polarize doesn't even scale, crush is still a slow low-damage AoE that doesn't have any real use and its augment has the armor reduction capped and duration based. but people seems to be content with just pressing 2 so i guess they're not tweaking her anytime soon.

just like saryn's ability "synergy" literally not working half the time (toxin procs does not always carry over through spores, for example, and only gas lanka could reliably do that) but people use her to grind exp just fine anyways so she's "fine" and "people just don't know how to use her"

and frankly i'm personally sick of that crappy argument. this isn't some kind of fighting game that takes actual skills and understanding the specific character's gimmick to play, we get it, you use projectiles and magnetize, you're not special

Edited by TotallyLagging

11 minutes ago, TotallyLagging said:

she's still a magnetize bot. strength is useless, just stack range. most of the damage comes from your weapons. just pick a weapon that doesn't rely on status/crit, preferably a projectile weapon with punchthrough and you can pop 1-2 bubble that'll charge and kill everything in a wide area

her other abilities are s**t. pull is inconsistent and some enemies outright resists them, it still flings people everywhere instead of actually pulling them on your feet, polarize doesn't even scale, crush is still a slow low-damage AoE that doesn't have any real use and its augment has the armor reduction capped and duration based. but people seems to be content with just pressing 2 so i guess they're not tweaking her anytime soon.

just like saryn's ability "synergy" literally not working half the time (toxin procs does not always carry over through spores, for example, and only gas lanka could reliably do that) but people use her to grind exp just fine anyways so she's "fine" and "people just don't know how to use her"

I I use pull quite a bit it's a quick way to get things to stop shooting at you and you can pull things into your bubbles explosion range it would be nice if it was a little more consistent though.  one of my favorite things to do with her is pull then magnetize something while it's still in the air flying towards me while shooting projectiles that instantly get pulled into the bubble as it forms.

Polarize does strips some armor which makes everything else do more damage it also causes the damage over time in the bubbles do more damage when there are armored Targets around and also add to the explosion damaged at the end of the magnatize.

I use Supra vandal with a really good Riven high multi shot basically a mega bullet hose it makes the status over 70% gas or corrosive damage do very well to either do damage to all enemies in side the bubble at the same time or to strip the armor of everything inside the bubbles very quickly so they have no damage resistance to the implosion .  Pox also does extremely well it can also strip armor or radiation viral does really well too.

Edited by (PS4)Eluminary

3 as a shield heal is a great survival tool, yanderewaifu. today on Octavia’s quest I faced oculyt squads and 3 helped me from being wiped out

it makes Mag semi support as it shields others including companions and shielded objectives like cryopods. take her to hijack and you’ll see support Mag in action 

on Lua defense like someone mentioned you can’t rely on bubble traps alone that’s where artillery, mobility, casting and cc from her other tools comes in 

Edited by (PS4)Chel-El

Mag was my starter frame, my second most used Frame (If you count both Mag and Mag Prime, otherwise she's 3rd), and the Frame I've used the most lately, because Pneuma is just gorgeous (Just on looks alone, yes). It's safe to say I've played her a lot. Mag's problem is easy to pinpoint.

She's ok at DPS (but she's not as good/safe as Chroma or Mirage), Meh at CC, Alright at single target elimination. She's not a go to at ANYTHING.

When someone says "Let's do a Defense", you think Frost, Limbo or Gara.

Low-Mid level Exterminate? Mesa, Saryn, Ember, maybe Mirage.

Spy? Ivara, Loki or Limbo.

Survival? Nidus, Trinity, Valkyr, Inaros, you name it. 

The only thing she can do that no one else can is recharge the shields of, well, anything, even the defense target, but shields are just lacking, so you can Instead pick a Frost/Gara or a Limbo and your job will be done easier and safer, making her a nichè frame, a Warframe you'd only use if you felt like it.

She's a Magnetic Frame! She should be redirecting Bullets away from her, grabing the armor she removes from the enemies and using it to protect herself, Proccing Magnetic! (You know, after they buff that) Disarming (I know the Augment exists, it shouldn't be an Augment, it should be freaking Innate), Using Magnetic forces to stick enemies to the wall/floor/together.

Here's to hoping they'll either rework her again, or Indirectly buff her when Shield Gating becomes a thing (If ever)

Edited by Jicematoro

Just tried full range and duration mag  and i can say.......its pretty meh for a gimmicky, magnetize its good but really no good enought to push me to play mag or even to play around bubble.

Edited by Dasmir

@ Jice what do you mean no go to mission?

Assassination and Hijack are her go to missions for her 2,3 respectively 

Some say mobile defense since 2 can block tunnels and chokes. I’ve had success with this tactic on survival on a Grineer galleon. One bubble on her front and one on the back and just pump both with projectiles. Her passive vacuum is also for farming. 

She’s like Symmetra from OW. Shield support and choke traps on a glass cannon. Trinity is like Mercy, Oberon with armor bonus is like Torbjorn. 

31 minutes ago, (PS4)Chel-El said:

@ Jice what do you mean no go to mission?

Assassination and Hijack are her go to missions for her 2,3 respectively 

Some say mobile defense since 2 can block tunnels and chokes. I’ve had success with this tactic on survival on a Grineer galleon. One bubble on her front and one on the back and just pump both with projectiles. Her passive vacuum is also for farming. 

She’s like Symmetra from OW. Shield support and choke traps on a glass cannon. Trinity is like Mercy, Oberon with armor bonus is like Torbjorn. 

Trinity, Inaros and Nidus do Hijack exponentially better and aren't easy to kill.

Assassination can be done with anything, I do all my assassination missions with Valkyr and finish immediately (Except for the Giant infested boss with 3 Faces, but you know, Mag can't Magnetize that anyway).

Mobile Defense, Frost, Gara and Limbo do better.

She's not a go to, she's a Gimmick.

Edited by Jicematoro

Mag main popping in to say hi,

Mag was my starter and Ive loved her ever since. Everything thats been said in this thread is relevant and Ive felt the issues and benefits in my many playthroughs.

I will want to put in my 2 cents and that is Mag in her current form is just right for me.

When I first played Mag she was squishy, so I learnt early on to bubble any heavy grineer. Any enemies with shields or armor? Polarize em to death and, am I being swarmed? Crush em all.

I gotta say as well, having her passive and greedy pull, she's the only frame I'll bring a Kubrow or Kavat with. Mag wins.

On 10/28/2017 at 9:47 AM, TotallyLagging said:

she's still a magnetize bot. strength is useless, just stack range. most of the damage comes from your weapons. just pick a weapon that doesn't rely on status/crit, preferably a projectile weapon with punchthrough and you can pop 1-2 bubble that'll turn into a nuke that ignore walls

and frankly i'm personally sick of that crappy argument. this isn't some kind of fighting game that takes actual skills and understanding the specific character's gimmick to play, we get it, you use projectiles and magnetize, you're not special

I am not going to lie. I think I may replay mag because of you and a few others. I know she can be good, but I actually forgot about here. I been going through warframes maxing them out with forma and maxed mods that I just left on the shelf. I will definitely be picking her back out. She may deserve a spot on my loadout list.

She is still good, but you really can't go against high level without like 120 survivability mods is what I have found out. So like i said when I edited the thread.... Yeah it is essential not to waste space on strength mods as well you'll die MUCH MORE often.

On 27/10/2017 at 11:36 AM, CaptainJLP said:

So what do you guys even do, do you even still play her?

Mag was my starter frame back in 2013, I bought the recent Delux Skin and dug her out again for have a play...

...Just much much too squishy, pull-spam doesn't cut it as defence any more, and while she can top-up her shields they just go down way too quickly, unless you have other player carrying you in terms of defence that is.

Edited by SilentMobius

I used to play Overwatch and there are squishy DPS there too (Tracer, Widowmaker and Symmetra) they are called glass cannons for that reason. The key for their survivability are mobility, positioning and map strategy.

I know frames are way more powerful than their AI opponents, but that’s no excuse to be out of position and to throw awareness/tactics out the window. Then come to complain about squishiness. Plus here unlike Overwatch we have modding and formaing, you can buff frames as you choose there’s no excuse.

Edited by (PS4)Chel-El

On 10/28/2017 at 10:47 AM, TotallyLagging said:

I don't think the problem is that her absolute most optimized play style restricts her to a small number of weapons and tactics (otherwise it wouldn't be optimal).

the problem is the majority of players we encounter in-game still hold the opinion that Mag just can't do much in most game modes (when she is arguably one of the most potent DPS frames in the game right now), because they still fundamentally misunderstand her kit and where her strengths lie.

It's a matter of hive mind thinking and misinformation, not the obvious fact that min-maxing a(ny) frame is going to limit how you play them.

Edited by Legion-Shields

9 hours ago, CaptainJLP said:

She is still good, but you really can't go against high level without like 120 survivability mods is what I have found out. So like i said when I edited the thread.... Yeah it is essential not to waste space on strength mods as well you'll die MUCH MORE often.

The only survivability mods I use are QT and Handspring. I don't even bother with vigor anymore because Bullet Jump is so OP. 

17 hours ago, Legion-Shields said:

The only survivability mods I use are QT and Handspring. I don't even bother with vigor anymore because Bullet Jump is so OP. 

I tried quick thinking, I found my self casting abilities more often and that lead to death for me, and now  all I use is all the shield mods I can get. I'm not a fan of bullet jumping all over the place, as I rather use my pandero to crush enemies and orthos prime for close combat, I tried this in a bounty kinda hard when the bounty is lvl 50 - 70 enemies, your stretegy might work, but I'm more of a guy that likes "Kill enemies on Sight" and not "Bullet Jump away from essential enemies needed to be killed."

The way I do most things is I just play solo because there are 1000 squad related bugs with the release of PoE. Seriously every time I host an Eidolon Capture, 1 person can not join, It is annoying as hell, similar to how mag is annoying as hell to play with solo, due to her very annoying squishy suit.

40 minutes ago, CaptainJLP said:

all I use is all the shield mods I can get

shields are trash, plain and simple. only harrow could reliably tank with shields and he has doubled OS cap

and you're using shields on the plains, where multiple enemies could proc slash and completely ignore your shields anyway

you can use magnetize defensively. it's good not just for its nuking potential but because it's pretty much an invincible dome that you can freely stand on. yeah you can't shoot back but you're invincible from enemy fire, and the dome will explode later killing everyone anyway

and you shouldn't be using bulletjump to escape, you should be using bulletjump while shooting enemies. seriously you can survive most enemy encounters by just jumping on their face and rolling.

18 hours ago, Legion-Shields said:

I don't think the problem is that her absolute most optimized play style restricts her to a small number of weapons and tactics (otherwise it wouldn't be optimal).

the problem is the majority of players we encounter in-game still hold the opinion that Mag just can't do much in most game modes (when she is arguably one of the most potent DPS frames in the game right now), because they still fundamentally misunderstand her kit and where her strengths lie.

It's a matter of hive mind thinking and misinformation, not the obvious fact that min-maxing a(ny) frame is going to limit how you play them.

my point still stands, a lot of her abilities still need attention from DE

it's just that every time somebody suggest a rework it's either making mag a completely different frame, or a drove of maglads starts raiding the thread defending their beloved main with their simulacrum magnetize clips and mission damage results and tells everyone she's fine and people should git gud

Edited by TotallyLagging