Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ocean fish spawns nerfed?

Ketec

On 10/28/2017 at 4:34 PM, saltygr33n said:

I have a question:

Do you use bait on the water with ripples?

From what I've experienced so far, where there are ripples, if you do not stand on the shores, fish are very unlikely to spawn. For example, if you're on top of a rock, fishes are not likely to spawn, but if you were to jump on land where you can touch the water, fish will start spawning, that's how it was for me. I was fishing by the sea where ripples were, threw bait from top of rock, aimed and waited for fish, but no fish spawn, then I proceeded to go and touch the water, but little to no luck, only 1 or 2 fish spawn, but then I went and jumped off the rock on shore and got close to the water, all of sudden 4 - 5 fish spawned.

Forgot to mention that, for me, where there are ripples, lots of fishes spawn when bait is thrown, non ripples yield poor results.

I can use 1 bait and get a decent amount. HOWEVER, I don't see them unless I use the dye to highlight them, and also there are a bunch of times where they are in the general area around me, not near the bait.

Also what this guy said. Its like there's a max height level you can be from the water. If you are on a high rock it may be the issue as if you're too high it won't spawn the fish. Unless you have tightrope Ivara you have to find the right spot with the right height to have a good sight line and angle for fishing.

• 2 weeks later...

Seems like this is the case again.

Yesterday and today every time I Use Murkray Bait only 1-2 Murkrays spawn and a lot of Traloks. Problem is Murkrays are the only rare fish spawning during the daytime, because at night we have other things to do. Anyone who hasn't maxed Ostron standing yet it pretty much screwed because of this.

3 hours ago, saradonin said:

Seems like this is the case again.

Yesterday and today every time I Use Murkray Bait only 1-2 Murkrays spawn and a lot of Traloks. Problem is Murkrays are the only rare fish spawning during the daytime, because at night we have other things to do. Anyone who hasn't maxed Ostron standing yet it pretty much screwed because of this.

Yes I noticed this too while fishing last night.

I was catching tons of murks before the latest hotfix, but now they are barely spawning again.

Try this: select the only spear you will need to catch the specific fish you are looking for, toss the bait for that fish and then don't switch out that spear. The game is bugged and it will break your bait if you just happen to change spears or weapons.

If you do happen to change weapons/spears, remember to toss another bait to make that fish respawn.

• 2 months later...