Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ocean fish spawns nerfed?

Ketec

It's not even bait... the fish themselves do not seem to spawn at all.
I usually got 2-3 fish every dye. Iv gone through 20 dyes for ONE  fish. Not even common fish.

To make things worse, i hear that fish are noticeably faster and escape often after first scare.

Edited by Ketec

its not only the ocean

i tried to fish in every biome during the last night cycle and nearly nothing spawned at all

the only reliable way to get more than 1 fish every 10 minutes on ocean and small lakes was to throw bait into a hotspot but even then only a few fish spawned if any at all

Kinda weird, tried a bit more and they sometimes dissapear just when you fish another one next to it, when you catch that one and try to go for the other you notice he is not there anymore. Well it looks like they implemented something to stop them for going to far as well; more testing required as is it now, is just my impressions since last patch.

Just now, Cara360 said:

Weird, i got like 4 murkray fish in one specific spot, about 2 before on said spot. I did try nearby hotspot but none of them didn't spawn any.

the BEST way I found to use bait is to go to a hotspot throw it in right click then grab the fish that spawn. 5 murkray first spawn! I then proceeded to walk around a bit go back and throw another bait (walk around as in leave). This produced a total of 10 murkray with only 2 bait. fishing takes time don't burn your bait! (Sorry about grammar).

Just now, Vladimir said:

the BEST way I found to use bait is to go to a hotspot throw it in right click then grab the fish that spawn. 5 murkray first spawn! I then proceeded to walk around a bit go back and throw another bait (walk around as in leave). This produced a total of 10 murkray with only 2 bait. fishing takes time don't burn your bait! (Sorry about grammar).

What fish? If i throw a bait NOTHING spawns - I can sit there another minute and still none.

Just now, Tveoh said:

Fish spawning seems bugged,  first 10 minutes or so of fishing spawning seems normal, then just stopped completely.  even moving to new area's didn't seem to fix anything.

I went around the whole map for a good 5 minutes before fishing again.

Just now, Vladimir said:

I read the wiki mention to use the bait about within the hotspot. I tried all the hotspot in the southeast corner coast, but only one prove to be effective. All other didn't spawn any

8 minutes ago, Ketec said:

What fish? If i throw a bait NOTHING spawns - I can sit there another minute and still none.

idk man the fish just hate you I guess. If you are in a lobby with another player it causes bugs. Fish alone in invite only or solo.

Edited by Vladimir

23 minutes ago, Vladimir said:

idk man the fish just hate you I guess. If you are in a lobby with another player it causes bugs. Fish alone in invite only or solo.

The thing is after the last "hotfix" the spawn rate of rare fishes seems to have decreased, try to get some cuthols and norgs (specially cuthols, havent seen one since hotfix); murkrays spawn seems a little less than before but they still spawn. Also baits dont work for the whole duration of the hotspot anymore, duration is around 4 minutes, well tbh i dont care much about this change. hotspots tend to last between 5 up to 10 minutes since the moment they appear.

For now ill just keep my norg and cuthol baits until i hear something offcial from them, confirming the nerf or fixing if it wasnt intented. ill focus on mining for now.

6 minutes ago, Voidforged said:

I also feel that the fish spawn rate has been reduced quite drastically. Not just rare fish, but I'm actually having difficulty farming the common ones. 

Well, to be fair, fishing was way too rewarding comparing to mining, and getting standing from fishing was quite easy, i wont be surprised if they just nerfed it to make it "fair".

Just caught 22 fish missed about the same in ocean around large Grineer camp and pond nearby- no dye or bait was used was on public and fire fights going on around and had to kill more than a few Grineer and Flying machines in the process. - about 20 mins in total.

Myth busted - not nerfed or bugged

I can confirm the same problem.

At the beginning I could catch like 10 fish in the bigger pond to the left of the entrance and then it just stopped...literally no more fish spawned. I didnt change a thing, fishing as usual, but everywhere I went was nothing to be found. I even heard the "bubble sound" accuring to indicate fish spawning, but the site was empty. I also know that these hotspots locations change from time to time, but at most sites there werent any to found either. almost no hotspots and even there was no fish dispite bait, correct spear, hotspot and so forth. I didnt change a thing at fishing but the fish seemed to have changed :scared: it would be ok, if rare fish would spawn less, but not a single fish after a short period is reeeeally strange.

It would be kind, if someone would keep an eye on that. Thanks!

I have a question:

Do you use bait on the water with ripples?

From what I've experienced so far, where there are ripples, if you do not stand on the shores, fish are very unlikely to spawn. For example, if you're on top of a rock, fishes are not likely to spawn, but if you were to jump on land where you can touch the water, fish will start spawning, that's how it was for me. I was fishing by the sea where ripples were, threw bait from top of rock, aimed and waited for fish, but no fish spawn, then I proceeded to go and touch the water, but little to no luck, only 1 or 2 fish spawn, but then I went and jumped off the rock on shore and got close to the water, all of sudden 4 - 5 fish spawned.

Forgot to mention that, for me, where there are ripples, lots of fishes spawn when bait is thrown, non ripples yield poor results.

Edited by saltygr33n