Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sorties: Spy mission parity.

[DE]Grzegorz

So I've been thinking, playing through Spy missions in Sorties is pretty much the same deal every time, go in, go out, cheese with invisibility or whatever other skills you have, the only real modifiers that have an effect in this mode are energy drain and Eximus stronghold as they make abusing powers harder, though both are completely invalidated by energy restoration consumables.

Henceforth, I've procured a bunch of absolutely wonderful ideas to make Spy missions far more thrilling than they are!

1. Parity with Rescue missions.
As simple as that! Whenever a player enters the vault, they are automatically detected starting the countdown, guaranteeing adrenaline rush as players frantically navigate the vault to avoid failing the mission.

2. Reduced consumable accessibility.
It's a well known fact that certain consumables trivialize some gameplay mechanics that serve to balance the power level of both players and enemies, as such consumables could possibly be disabled during Sorties.

3. It's a coop game after all!
It's not uncommon for players to opt out of matchmaking and attempt the mission solo, but that goes against the idea of the game! Spy missions in Sorties should force an open lobby instead. Socialize!

1. Still easy for pretty much all spy missions, but good luck ever finishing if you get Kuva Fortress or Pavlov.

2.Be more specific? I assume you mean energy restores. In which case we still have operator passives and syndicate procs on top of energy siphon. Or an ev trin if you are in a group.

3.Alright, let's screw everyone with a subpar connection over. Not to mention leechers and afk peeps. Multiplayer shouldn't be forced for many reasons, which is why solo is an option in the first place.

I think intentionally trying to make sortie spy harder is just the agenda of an individual unhappy that other people have no problem rushing through with a Loki/Ivara/what-ever stress free.

If you want a challenge, gimp yourself.  Sub-optimal build/frame.

If you want to make things harder for other people, check your priorities in life.

Edited by Littleman88

People try to complete spy missions faster by each going to a vault solo, anyway. The vaults are all designed so that a single person can complete them, and with some skill the players will basically complete all of the vaults at roughly the same time. In my experience it is more likely that someone will fail a vault or cause an alarm if more than one person goes in.

11 hours ago, Littleman88 said:

I think intentionally trying to make sortie spy harder is just the agenda of an individual unhappy that other people have no problem rushing through with a Loki/Ivara/what-ever stress free.

If you want a challenge, gimp yourself.  Sub-optimal build/frame.

If you want to make things harder for other people, check your priorities in life.

This guy has the right idea! I wish I had more positive reactions to give because that's absolutely the right attitude in a game that offers this much freedom of choice in customizing your gear.

I would like to thank everyone for volunteering in this experiment, this thread can now be closed as I've achieved my goal.

Special thanks to:

@NOVAXON
@Gabbynaru
@KirukaChan
@Shinobu_Scorpion
@Littleman88
@TheMostFrench
@Solstrome
@MrRagez

For their invaluable input in this development.

Edited by JuicyButthurt