Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Confused about Status

Jeon-Rammbo

Question

I'm new but trying to learn this game.

First, the wiki says this:

Proportional Damage ÷ Total Proportional Damage = Proportional Proc Chance

For example, if a weapon's damage is composed of 20 Impact, 10 slash, 5 puncture, 25 heat, and 50 corrosive; then its proportional damage is 80 + 40 + 20 + 25+ 50 = 215. Therefore, the chance for the individual damage types to proc will be: Impact 37.2% (80 / 215 = 0.372), slash 18.6%, puncture 9.3%, heat 11.6%, and corrosive 23.3%. To find the chance that a particular damage type will proc on any given hit, simply multiply it's proportional proc chance by the weapon's status chance.

From 20/10/5/25/50 - how did it get 80/40/20/25/50  OK, I can see the 25/50?  Confusing.

Other questions. 

If a weapon has a fire rate of 20 and a status chance of 50% - does that 50% apply 50% to all 20?  Or is it all 20 = 50%

Does type damage have any effect on status other than the % chance it will proc?

How long is default status duration?  Does adding a mod to increase duration increase the proc per second?

I think I understand everything else - but, is there something I might be missing and should take into consideration?

Edited by Jeon-Rammbo

9 answers to this question

I'm no expert, but I can safely say that fire rate has nothing to do with status chance. Just how much damage you can do with it. 

In short: A weapon with a 50% status chance will have a 50% chance for every bullet to proc, which is what makes 100% chance on the Tigris Prime with multishot so darn effective.

Edited by Spartan336

Physical damage types have 4x higher chance to be procced than elementals.

Status chance affects each bullet seperately. Multishot shows wrong numbers in arsenal on status. Each bullet from multishot has the same status chance as you'd have without any multishot mods on.

Damage types effect what the status proc is. There's no other effects.

Status duration depends on the proc. See specific damage type pages on wiki. It doesn't increase any proc chances.

To make it simple, status chance is the chance per shot to proc a single status. The ratio you're looking at there is the chance of what status will be applied.

Status per second is the beam weapon equivalent, but is on a per second basis. 

Shotguns are the oddballs out though. The status chance listed is the total status chance of each pellet added up. Example being: 20% status chance with 4 pellets means each pellet has a 5% chance to proc a status. However, if a shotgun has 100%, each pellet will proc a status... Shotguns with 100% status are powerful.

@Jeon-Rammbo

From 20/10/5/25/50 - how did it get 80/40/20/25/50

Physical damage types are 4x more likely to proc, compared to elemental. Fire rate has no effect on proc chance. Default status duration differs from type to type. Some types have no duration; for instance, Corrosive is permanent. Increasing duration just increases duration, it has no effect on "proc per second", which is a feature of beam weapons and doesn't have any bearing on proc duration.

Impact, puncture and slash have 4x their weight when calculating their proc chance, they are four times as likely to proc, per point of damage, then elements. So (20/10/5)*4 = 80/40/20

For weapons that fire regular bullets, every bullet you fire has the listed chance to proc, including (though multishot skews your shown status chance in the UI, you actual status chance can be seen without multishot mods equipped). Shotguns have their status chance spread between all the pellets in a single shot (though multishot does not further divide your status per pellet), and beam weapons have a status per second mechanic.

Toxin and gas have a stronger effect the more toxin damage you add to them, but other then that procs have a set strength and effect.

The duration of the different statuses can be found on the wiki, and status durations increase the time that a status is active.

OK yall thanks.

Speaking of shotguns, it seems very hard to get a 100% status shotgun mod-wise.  And said shotgun must also have a starting status of 30%; is that correct?  Do secondary shotguns use the same mod cards as primary shotguns?  If not, do 100% status secondary shotguns exist?

Other thoughts: The secondaries I was toying around with initially are: 

Akstiletto Prime
Akmagnus
Twin Grakatas
Edited by Jeon-Rammbo

1. Physical damage types (Impact/Puncture/Slash) are weighted 4 times more than elemental types.  So take the 20 impact, multiply by 4 to get the proportional amount of 80.

2. Status Chance is usually based per trigger pull/bullet. (Exception: beam weaponry is chance per second.). Increasing fire rate will let you shoot faster to get more chances per second, but will not change each individual shot chance.

3. Each damage type has its own unique effect.  Having more of a given type of damage increases the chance of the associated specific effect happening, but won't change the chance of getting any effect in the first place.  Having more types of damage makes getting a certain effect less consistent.

4. Default duration varies based on the effect.  Corrosive's armor reduction is permanent, while Radiation's confusion lasts for some seconds.  The wiki will have more specifics for each one.  Increasing duration will make confusion last longer, but does nothing for armor reduction, nor does it affect the status chance.

24 minutes ago, Jeon-Rammbo said:

OK yall thanks.

Speaking of shotguns, it seems very hard to get a 100% status shotgun mod-wise.  And said shotgun must also have a starting status of 30%; is that correct?  Do secondary shotguns use the same mod cards as primary shotguns?  If not, do 100% status secondary shotguns exist?

Primary mods and secondary mods are different, but the secondary shotguns I know that can get to 100% status chance is the Euphona Prime (Buck Shot), and the Akbronco Prime.