Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why not moving Daily Login weapons to Mastery Rank rewards?

AshenOne07

1 minute ago, SilvaDreams said:

Nope. Sorry they are an incentive to be a loyal player not someone who bum rushes through items just to be MR23/24 then whines about being bored.

Why not just give a great looking cosmetic, when you reach a certain milestone?

2 minutes ago, AshenOne07 said:

Why not just give a great looking cosmetic, when you reach a certain milestone?

It would change nothing people would still whine because they have to wait to get it.

Just do like those of us who have logged in the nearly 700 days and keep logging in.

1 minute ago, SilvaDreams said:

It would change nothing people would still whine because they have to wait to get it.

Just do like those of us who have logged in the nearly 700 days and keep logging in.

But at least cosmetics has no gameplay value IMO.

2 minutes ago, SilvaDreams said:

They can whine if they want, but rewards based on progression is possibly the most common form of reward in all of video gaming, and probably the real world too, so they can just deal with it. It's totally justified to have MR rewards.

Just now, YUNoJump said:

They can whine if they want, but rewards based on progression is possibly the most common form of reward in all of video gaming, and probably the real world too, so they can just deal with it. It's totally justified to have MR rewards.

Amen to this.

1 minute ago, YUNoJump said:

We already get rewards for MR progression. These are loyalty rewards as someone already said.

Just now, SilvaDreams said:

Neither do the weapons till you earn them.

And please don't give me the BS of "But muh MR fodder". There will be more weapons and frames added to get you to 30 eventually.

No I'm not giving you that. But, I think it's more appropriate to give weapons rewards to MR ranks. Well, that's only my opinion.

Just now, AshenOne07 said:

No I'm not giving you that. But, I think it's more appropriate to give weapons rewards to MR ranks. Well, that's only my opinion.

Why? In theory you could be MR 24 in 24 days if you threw enough money at the game.... I've seen people do stuff like this too then complain there was nothing to do.

Just now, SilvaDreams said:

Why? In theory you could be MR 24 in 24 days if you threw enough money at the game.... I've seen people do stuff like this too then complain there was nothing to do.

LOL. But am not that kinda person who throws away money to progress. That'll be boring as F***.

"Reward based on progression" - Logging in is progression, guys!

3 minutes ago, SilvaDreams said:

Nope.

Even if you trow all the moneyz at the game, you will slow down dramatically after mr15.

Edited by phoenix1992

Just now, AshenOne07 said:

LOL. But am not that kinda person who throws away money to progress. That'll be boring as F***.

Mastery rank means almost nothing to most other than you did some grinding.

There is a reason why high MR pep who know little about the game exist and are revered to as "Draco babies", because most grew up there just grinding weapons and copying meta builds

8 minutes ago, JuicyButthurt said:

Daily tribute means almost nothing as it is a mere counter of how many times have you logged in.

True, just be glad they don't use a consecutive reward system like many MMOs where if you miss a single day you are back at square one. But they are still rewarding you for being a loyal player.

This same thing pops up every time something new is added and heaven forbid people have to wait to get it.

Edited by SilvaDreams

28 minutes ago, Spartan336 said:

Though that brings up the idea for giving weapons for reaching a certain MR. That would be kinda cool. 

They actually had planned on doing things like that. But the War Within really derailed their plans to make Mastery a much more blatant and obvious Progress System.

21 minutes ago, Ksaero said:

But it means dedication.

"I log in once a day to progress a counter, I'm a dedicated player!"

Warframe is just fun enough to warrant coming back to it daily just to get the foundry going, to finish the numerous daily chores, the moment the game finds a way into your daily routine, you are boned, even without a reward system to keep you coming back you'd be doing so. Such is the force of habit and sunken costs.

19 minutes ago, SilvaDreams said:

True, just be glad they don't use a consecutive reward system like many MMOs where if you miss a single day you are back at square one. But they are still rewarding you for being a loyal player.

Oh the previous daily login system, how awful it was. Surely, what we have now is far better but it doesn't mean "we" should rest on the laurels and give up on improving the system, judging by the fact that the threads about catch-up have started popping up I'm led to believe people aren't particularly fond of actual items of gameplay value being held hostage behind a timegate that cannot be scaled in any other way but to wait patiently, I'll say it and I'll keep repeating it, daily tribute should exclusively provide only cosmetics, I have nothing against boosters and consumables either so long they are also available from the market but the weapons, mods and possibly frames and companions should be put somewhere else.

19 minutes ago, SilvaDreams said:

This same thing pops up every time something new is added and heaven forbid people have to wait to get it.

Because DE just sometimes, every so often in a while suffers from a severe case of butterfingers and misplaces a few zeroes here and there, I'm surprised we hadn't seen an item take 120h to build yet.

People get angry while DE blatantly doesn't respect their time, everyone has pretty much gotten used to guns taking 12-24 hours to build, maybe another 3 days in the Dojo, mostly because they sit on such a huge pile of surplus resources they can start right away, but then sometimes there are weapons that are so unworthy of their absurd costs there is an actual meltdown.

Hema to this day is a blatant lie and a terribly handled situation.

Edited by JuicyButthurt

4 minutes ago, JuicyButthurt said:

"I log in once a day to progress a counter, I'm a dedicated player!"

Warframe is just fun enough to warrant coming back to it daily just to get the foundry going, to finish the numerous daily chores, the moment the game founds a way into your daily routine, you are boned, even without a reward system to keep you coming back you'd be doing so. Such is the force of habit.

Oh the previous daily login system, how awful it was. Surely, what we have now is far better but it doesn't mean "we" should rest on the laurels and give up on improving the system, judging by the fact that the threads about catch-up have started popping up I'm led to believe people aren't particularly fond of actual items of gameplay value being held hostage behind a timegate that cannot be scaled in any other way but to wait patiently, I'll say it and I'll keep repeating it, daily tribute should exclusively provide only cosmetics, I have nothing against boosters and consumables either so long they are also available from the market but the weapons, mods and possibly frames and companions should be put somewhere else.

Because DE just sometimes, every so often in a while suffers from a severe case of butterfingers and misplaces a few zeroes here and there, I'm surprised we hadn't seen an item take 120h to build yet.

People get angry while DE blatantly doesn't respect their time, everyone has pretty much gotten used to guns taking 12-24 hours to build, maybe another 3 days in the Dojo, mostly because they sit on such a huge pile of surplus resources they can start right away, but then sometimes there are weapons that are so unworthy of their absurd costs there is an actual meltdown.

Hema to this day is a blatant lie and a terribly handled situation.

I'm sorry but if you dislike the game, don't play it?

As for the Hema I saw nothing wrong with it, it was the first time the clan had to work together to finish research instead of me doing it alone (which is sad considering how big it is)

3 hours ago, SilvaDreams said:

I'm sorry but if you dislike the game, don't play it?

Sunken costs, force of habit, the fact that I genuinely love parts of it and I only want it to improve, that I like the game doesn't means I'll blindly praise it, ignore its flaws and absolutely trust DE's expertise in what they do and how they do it.

3 hours ago, SilvaDreams said:

As for the Hema I saw nothing wrong with it, it was the first time the clan had to work together to finish research instead of me doing it alone (which is sad considering how big it is)

Then maybe you should take another look at it.

Not only the weapons is blatantly lying (its description would imply it turns player health into ammo on reload or similar instead of using ammo drops AND draining health for no actual reason) as well as the way the whole situation regarding its costs were handled was a disaster.

Edited by JuicyButthurt