Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

All time favorite warframe(s) and why?

-SoH-ViktorD

So I figured I would take a pole of the active peoples most used frames and why they use them (not most used frames in your stats, but ones you think you use more then others, idk if that makes sense)

So currently I am in a "I wana tank/run around not worry about S#&$" mood, so I have been using Nekros. Had a friend in clan suggest I get Inaros. Two things with this: 1) Inaros mission had a fun storyline, it wasn't the typical "X person is being a $&*^ go kill them/stop them. Oh here's a frame for doing so" mission. To me this was a heartfelt mission between an arms dealer and a friend/ally.

So after getting all the items needed to build said frame, forma'ing him up 3x, and using him, I have to say it's my favorite frame due to the fact I don't really have to watch my HP, and my 1 lets me help defend objectives while we are in hydron 25+ when Banshee's can't insta kill everything. Also Ancient Egyptian culture has been a bi part in my life due to history class way back when, so making him look like anubis was a + for me and for my gf who watches me play on occasion.

Nekros, a Necromancer and grim reaper looking mofo all in one. Can tank anything like Inaros, and has an epic outfit. Haven't figured out a good color scheme yet, but black and red are pretty sweet on him. Tanky as all hell, but I feel like I have to worry when his 4 runs out. Fun to play, not fun when you are drinking and forget to press 4

Loki. Now while I said I love tanks, Loki has a super soft spot in my heart. I like to be the guy who can go from point A to point B in a flash, and Loki does that for me. Staying invis, getting objectives done, and finishing the mission before the team has a chance to say "I am going to A, B or C" makes it all worth while playing this cheese character.

Those are my top 3, and I would like to hear your favorites, maybe give me something different to play with!

When I'm with friends - Limbo - because he takes understanding and real effort to play correctly and not upset everyone (though wf isn't really a skill heavy game, I try to find skillcap challenges for myself as my enjoyment). That new tennogen is amazing as well!

When I'm with pubs - well, I'll let you know when I choose pubs over friends.

Definitely excal/excal prime. Good for anything and everything. When I don't feel like playing trinity or mag I use excal.

Trinity is second, not usage stats wise though. I enjoy playing the support role in games and that includes Warframe. Again I'll use her for almost anything. I don't take her to pubs much anymore though. I may like playing support but I'm not your personal battery. Too often I come across players who spam abilities and then cry to me for not spamming ev.

Mag is third. Again, I'll use her for anything. I just like her. Her abilities are alright, but I just like the way she looks and plays.

44 minutes ago, nickelshark said:

Definitely excal/excal prime. Good for anything and everything. When I don't feel like playing trinity or mag I use excal.

Trinity is second, not usage stats wise though. I enjoy playing the support role in games and that includes Warframe. Again I'll use her for almost anything. I don't take her to pubs much anymore though. I may like playing support but I'm not your personal battery. Too often I come across players who spam abilities and then cry to me for not spamming ev.

Mag is third. Again, I'll use her for anything. I just like her. Her abilities are alright, but I just like the way she looks and plays.

I been dying for excal prime, but I have to settle with excal. I haven't even leveled him to 30 yet, but with the new focus system excal users say he isn't good anymore, or as good I should say.

Thankfully I need (at most) 1 fill up. Nekros/Inaros take care of themselves, Loki, just fill me up once and I am good to go haha. 

55 minutes ago, Frosthaven83 said:

When I'm with friends - Limbo - because he takes understanding and real effort to play correctly and not upset everyone (though wf isn't really a skill heavy game, I try to find skillcap challenges for myself as my enjoyment). That new tennogen is amazing as well!

I was with a few limbo today/last night. I had 1 good limbo in sorites, that's about it. The rest were trash, but you may have convinced me to build/try him once I get more frame slots.

41 minutes ago, Airwolfen said:

Pretty simple really.

Nova Prime. versatile, great group support, good damage when you like gun/sword play, and great fashion frame options.

I've heard a lot of good about Nova, most of my frames aren't "fashionframe" but Inaros does a great job at looking like Anubis.

37 minutes ago, Ksaero said:

Excalibur. Perfectly fits my sense of aesthethics (especially Umbra), very fun to play, viable at anything. Also, my wife's favourite warframe is Nyx, perfect ship.

m9Hbe2I.jpg

Dude that is an awesome drawing! I love seeing art that people make, probably cause I can't draw if I had a gun held to my head lol. Nyx, if the person is good, it's a fun match.

Thank you all for your responses thus far. I may have to look into trinity and a few other supports. Right now I believe I am on the.. Mesa quest line? Where you gotta build piece by piece to continue?

4 minutes ago, ViktorDonovan said:

Thank you all for your responses thus far. I may have to look into trinity and a few other supports. Right now I believe I am on the.. Mesa quest line? Where you gotta build piece by piece to continue?

Excal prime only has 50 more armor so your not really missing out on much. He is still just as deadly even with the focus change. I don't even use focus and still trivialize pretty much everything. The only difference is you now have to use radial blind if you want the maximum damage out of his ult instead of just being invisible the entire time while spamming exalted blade. Basically just requires you to press another button other than e every so often.

Saryn prime - if I want to do regular starchart or kuva she is a bliss, regenerative molt is awesome for regen, her 1 is free viral proc for everyone, 3 is free toxin dmg for melee and 4 is corrosive, never found any downsides in playing her and found her fun in all the situations, plus side she is tanky as f when it comes to casters

Ash, Ivara, Nidus, Wukong & Limbo...all equally, don't have a favorite...but those are the 5 frames I play 99.9% of the time.

Ash is my aggro stealth ninja thanks to armor stripping paired with a viral/slash Lesion turning everything into wet paper, Ivara my slower more methodical CC ninja, Nidus has a crazy scaling tank/damage and his abilities synergize amazingly well (that synergy should be the standard for frames going forward), Wukong can't die and frees me up to focus on weapons rather than abilities (making him a great run & gun frame) and Limbo can get ridiculous melee damage bonuses thanks to rift torrent giving him 3000%+ melee damage bonus and status procs never ending as long as stasis is up. 

Edited by (PS4)Radehx

2 hours ago, Frosthaven83 said:

Every Limbo player should be forced to watch this: 

If you follow this guide, you'll be a great Limbo player and people will stop ranting against you. I now run a negative range, max strength/duration melee rift torrent Limbo and it's rare for me to get hate. If someone rants, it's mostly at the start of the match before they figure out I'm a negative range Limbo who doens't blindly banish half the map. More people seem to catch on to that lately because I find more and more people use my "mini" Cataclysm as a safe space or to regen energy...I even have more people telling me they're ok with me banishing them. Those requests are often coming from frames like Nidus who can still use abilities through the rift.

Saryn Prime because who doesnt corrosive, viral and toxin? I love casterframes. Which is why I also enjoy Mag and Nyx. 

Gara is also neat. She reminds me a bit of Saryn. Both have dmg reduction. Mass CC on 4 and quite nice 1 ability. 

I haven't had a chance to try out every Frame out there, but so far it's a tie between Ember and Ivara for me. Ember for her World on Fire ability, and Ivara for her stealth and utility quiver. I'm still learning the ins and outs of this game, and I haven't come across every mod to maximize their potential, but so far I'm having a blast with these two frames.

I want to give Nekros a try (I'm in to the whole necromancy thing), and I'm currently crafting Titania. But since I haven't played either one, and can't include them in my favorites category.

5 minutes ago, Ascended1QQ said:

Saryn Prime because who doesnt corrosive, viral and toxin? I love casterframes. Which is why I also enjoy Mag and Nyx. 

Gara is also neat. She reminds me a bit of Saryn. Both have dmg reduction. Mass CC on 4 and quite nice 1 ability. 

You want to give Nidus a go if you like caster frames and synergies between skills ;)