Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Paid membership?

(XBOX)UrticantAura420

I would pay for a warframe subscription fee for monthly plat + other nice things, Would add to the prime access pack plat worth and would give DE more money as well as give us players more deals on plat and make farming easier(more bearable), I'm not saying it should be added in to the game... But if it was.... You would get my money.

Dis guy's gotta get whacked. Guido, take'em out back'a da Forums an' whack him.

More seriously, It seems pretty obvious from their behavior that DE has to be at least considering this. I suppose the answer for me would consist of A) How much is the monthly subscription fee, and B) do I feel like I'm getting anything for my subscription beyond relief from the grind that DE imposed.

A simple example is soup here in the US. Soup companies add lots and lots of salt in most soups because generally it enhances the flavor, and people have demonstrated they like it better. But too much of anything isn't a good thing, and when people started saying they wanted less salt in the soup, soup companies tried to charge them extra for 'low-sodium' soups - i.e., they charged people extra to remove what they put in in the first place.

So if all (or most) of what DE's offering for my RL money is an occasional skin and relief from the grind they intentionally put into the game? Oh HELL no.

24 minutes ago, FierceRadiance said:

More seriously, It seems pretty obvious from their behavior that DE has to be at least considering this.

Based on what? Prime access is, for all intents and purposes, their main money draw. What could possibly indicate they were going to offer a monthly sub?

1 hour ago, (Xbox One)UrticantAura420 said:

I would pay for a warframe subscription fee for monthly plat + other nice things, Would add to the prime access pack plat worth and would give DE more money as well as give us players more deals on plat and make farming easier(more bearable), I'm not saying it should be added in to the game... But if it was.... You would get my money.

So...a monthly pay to win option.

1 minute ago, MagPrime said:

So...a monthly pay to win option.

Not really since all they are asking for is plat and boosters, both of which are buyable now, the plat with discounts even, and the prime access cost is worth its amount in plat alone and it comes with prime items, and the accessory pack is 30 day boosters on top of everything.

This person is effectively asking DE to let them buy plat and boosters every month.

2 hours ago, peterc3 said:

Based on what? Prime access is, for all intents and purposes, their main money draw. What could possibly indicate they were going to offer a monthly sub?

My assumption is based on the fact that DE's weekly "Tenno Support" new-weapon drops have all but vanished, while their skins, TennoGen, cosmetics and other sparklie drops have greatly increased, all of which generate revenue for DE, and which Tenno Support drops as a rule never did. Also, with the Plains DE is developing a micro-transaction market for fish and minerals. Not directly with them, of course, but as long as every single Platinum has to be bought from them, they don't care where (or IF) that Plat gets spent. Plus, over the last 18 months you probably noticed, as I and many others have, that the grind has steadily gotten worse and worse, which has the function of nudging players towards just buying Plat and making purchases. DE is monetizing Warframe, in ways they never have before, and in the same direction as they're currently heading lies the possibility of adding a 'Subscriber' package for those who want one and can afford one. I think it would most likely be a mistake, but I think it's reasonable to conclude they're at least thinking about it.

And what are you basing your assumption on that Prime Access is their main source of revenue? I've spent hundreds of dollars on this game but other than a Founders Package, I've never bought a single Warframe package deal ~ every dime I've spent other than that has strictly been for Plat buys. Going by my experience, I'd say the main revenue stream comes from Plat buys. But I'll admit, that's nothing more than a guess. I also see no reason why they couldn't add a Subscriber tier, keep Prime Access, and just offer a discount for Subscribers making purchases.

Paid Membership already exists.
That is what Prime Access is 

You get 3 months of Boosters
Plat
Exclusive Accessories 
Immediate Access to the next Primed Warframe
A Slot
Orokin Reactor
And all the weapons it releases with + Slots + Catalysts for those too. 

https://www.warframe.com/prime-access

Edited by xxswatelitexx

7 hours ago, (Xbox One)UrticantAura420 said:

Yah? I would pay to PREVENT that so other players dont have to be subjected to it.

7 hours ago, (Xbox One)UrticantAura420 said:

I'm not saying it should be added in to the game

Then why even bother posting about it?

If its not something you want added, you are just encouraging people to argue (especially with topics like this)

Should DE add P2W? No. Would I keep playing if they did? No, probably not.

Best way to alienate your community? Introduce a subscription model to a game that has been out for many years without one.

Just look up Overkill, Payday2 and micro transactions. They added micro transactions after saying they never would. Bordered on shutting down the game, but they backtracked and removed it. I used to play it a lot, but they completely lost me and my money upon doing that.

Edited by krc473