Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Oberon Master Race : People just keep bashing him regardless of the rework

Doomsknightmare

It's true, Oberon was useless before and became much better after the rework, more useful, more engaging to play. Especially Renewal being toggle ability made it pretty strong fire and forget or actually active ability if instant burst is needed.

It's doesn't mean everyone has to love him. You like him, that's OK. Someone else doesn't, that's OK. Don't expect others to respect your likes if you don't respect theirs. All those censored words in responses only prove how disrespectful and immature you are.

1 hour ago, CeePee said:

The people who dislike Oberon are not people worth playing with. Oberon has a place in the team when it comes to keeping everyone alive in endless missions. Pop your health regen and give everyone a massive armour boost and they pretty much cannot die. Add phoenix renewal on top of that and they can even die once every 90 seconds.

A few hundred armor isn’t a massive boost, nothing like trinity’s bless with. Large flat damage reduction that applies to health and shields.

1 hour ago, CeePee said:

The people who dislike Oberon are not people worth playing with. Oberon has a place in the team when it comes to keeping everyone alive in endless missions. Pop your health regen and give everyone a massive armour boost and they pretty much cannot die. Add phoenix renewal on top of that and they can even die once every 90 seconds.

A few hundred armor isn’t a massive boost, nothing like trinity’s bless with. Large flat damage reduction that applies to health and shields.

1 hour ago, CeePee said:

20 minutes ago, zornyan said:

600 armor gives a 67% damage reduction, plus you get a regen that keeps you alive when you're far away. Blessing won't heal you out of range.

Renewal is fire and forget, blessing you have to spam and keep an eye on the buffs.

Then again you're comparing apples to oranges, which I'm not too surprised about.

1 hour ago, CeePee said:

600 armor gives a 67% damage reduction, plus you get a regen that keeps you alive when you're far away. Blessing won't heal you out of range.

Renewal is fire and forget, blessing you have to spam and keep an eye on the buffs.

Then again you're comparing apples to oranges, which I'm not too surprised about.

Right, in a trial situation you have frames like trinity and nova and Loki, 67% is less than 75% from trinity, and it doesn’t apply to shields which helps those frames survivability massively.

if your teammates are out of range of a bless trin in trials....then you need better teammates quite frankly

1 minute ago, zornyan said:

Right, in a trial situation you have frames like trinity and nova and Loki, 67% is less than 75% from trinity, and it doesn’t apply to shields which helps those frames survivability massively.

if your teammates are out of range of a bless trin in trials....then you need better teammates quite frankly

Plains of Eidolon just launched, there are Bounties with high level enemies. I'll let you think on that for a while.

Just now, CeePee said:

Plains of Eidolon just launched, there are Bounties with high level enemies. I'll let you think on that for a while.

Lvl 60 isn’t high level.....

again the OP was talking about trials, so this is what I am discussing 

1 minute ago, zornyan said:

Lvl 60 isn’t high level.....

again the OP was talking about trials, so this is what I am discussing 

Not sure how you came to that conclusion given the thread starts with:

I love Oberon since the beginning and he's still my main go-to-frame even now I reach MR20, and after his recent rework I love bringing him to all kinds of "endgame" : Sortie, Raid, Kuva flood, Eidolon hunt, etc.

Just now, CeePee said:

Not sure how you came to that conclusion given the thread starts with:

Because that’s what the biggest part of the discussion has been around?

ok so

any high level content trin is a better choice.

bless can help you survive an eidolen blast, Oberon can’t do that

bless can make you survive multiple kuva guardian attacks, Oberon can’t do that

bless / EV is NEEDED for trials, Oberon is far from that

sorties, any frame can do that because of how easy they are, although in a support role trinity is flat out better than Oberon.

the whole time trinity is healing you and giving damage reduction, she can also feed her team thousands of energy, meaning your team mates can dish out more damage and more useful CC than an Oberon too

3 hours ago, TheFinalEpic said:

You can use Oberon for all ur runs yes but not an Eidolon run.

Except the fact the we already had a Trinity in the squad and Oberon can also heal everything including companions and Eidolon lures and his hallowed ground provide knockdown / magnetic proc immunity from Eidolon's AOE. 

37 minutes ago, Doomsknight said:

Except the fact the we already had a Trinity in the squad and Oberon can also heal everything including companions and Eidolon lures and his hallowed ground provide knockdown / magnetic proc immunity from Eidolon's AOE. 

Well when it comes to Teralyst hunting, there are better picks for damage and convenience over Oberon. In that fight Trinity with Blessing can reach the whole party, Chroma and Volt are needed for damage and Harrow's #4 is just too much of a nice add to give it up.

For anything else where you need survivability, Oberon is just too good to pass up.

There are two reasons why some players are becoming a d*** in warframe:

One, is that they want to be perfect and stick with this so called "meta". And two, they just don't know how to use a frame. 

Mind you. All frames are great and there's no so called "best warframe" in this game.

Eh, I play him all the time and I've never encountered anyone calling him useless. His rework was extremely good and I consider him one of the top best frames along with Frost. And his deluxe has cute little goat legs. :3

Instant CC, debuff and damage with Ult that hits everything

Very long range Smite that's usable at any moment to knock down and cc enemies. You can use it while shooting people and reloading.

Damage scaling.

Renewal, Rage and Quick Thinking creates an infinite health loop. Only way to kill Oberon then is to hit him hard enough to delete both health and power pool at same time.

Large AoE auto-cc Hallowed Ground that keeps you from getting slowed, knockdowned, etc. Radiation covering everything makes your condition overload weapon even happier. It also acts like a Spider Web that detects enemies that step into it due to the damage numbers.

My only issue with his rework is his passive should work with Sentinels.

Edited by Wolfdoggie

The fact is each frame has their own roles and jack of all frames also have their things why they used in a squad. First of all a normal squad size could b 6 and 10 on raid missions. More variation and person also mean more enemies but a well prepared team can beat anything beyond their power level.

Oberon is my main and I like to use him in various type of missions. He is not bad but he has flaws like all other frames. The meta mindset is great and peoples want to use them because those can cheese the game. This will change in time and everytime when DE introduce a new meta like frame then it will be standard because the standard always in some point compared to the broken ones. Like how Valkitty was brokenly op and how trinity is op in the support aspect but the trinity has nothing in return. Her link is not able to pass the game alone and her armor rate is abysmal only her abilities can thrive her further like the blessing and the energy vampyre. Her first not used well and many peoples just build for these two purposes the trinity but with a rework and some rethink she could be better and not brokenly op. Peoples liked the insta heal no matter where were you and this ability nerfed a little to limit trinity to heal in the room but if trinity has the same heal like oberon have now then I guess noone willing to play her anymore because not as op as before. That would be the right methold like how poor Loki's invisibility nerfed so hard.

Both frame can heal mates, Oberon can spawn energy orbs but that should be 100% to be more useful, but trinity can only in the entire game give you directly energy the other frame the limbo, which can give you energy in the cataclysm. The nice fact Limbo does no need trinity to gain energy because for him nough to go into the rift and come when he filled.

Other frames have the option to use equilibrium or wait for a trinity because the siphon is itself not so strong addition and it needs buffs. Trinity, frost, gara can team heal if they use their original slots and use rejuvination so they can passively help the team.

Oberon can cc, heal, debuff, deal damage so he is useful in most situations but the warframe is a coop game so every frame needs pair with someone on higher levels otherwise dies fast. When I play I see no meta or no meta I just play for fun what frame I wish to play. That is nice if good team composition happens but each frame has their roles and abilities are unique and that not mean some can make chaos the other bad originally because they cant. Each frame has their own unique abilities and noone can replace it. Deal with it. Just play Op as you like and search friends to play with whom not care what do you using.

Oberon is not only a frame that I simply have fun using, because A. I like his powers and B. Many of them are just so visually appealing, like slamming a ton of enemies all at once haha. But aside from that, Oberon is an excellent healer and I gladly welcome him to any squad I'm in. Also truth be told, as someone who used to main and love trinity. I just don't find her fun to play &#! anymore, she's all about spamming your abilities for health energy and damage reduction, to the point where I feel like I spend more time spamming my powers to keep the flow going rather than just actually getting to play. People are mean and rude and it's unfortunate, some of my own friends have treated other players poorly and I sincerely apologize to them because of it, people are just rude and nasty and don't care about you, don't sweat it. Just keep being a respectful and kind player. What goes around comes around.

Also it's important to realize that some people just don't know what they are talking about, they assume that because they think it, it's right. On of my "friends" for example looooves to talk crap on almost everyone we ever play with, yet every time they play as a frame it's "hey I need your build, hey what do I put on this? Hey what should I use?" They clearly aren't learning. But again like I said. Don't be nasty to people and don't let it get to you :)