Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The proposed log-in reward changes are frustrating and dissapointing

(XBOX)DeluxeKnight831

For those who didn't catch the latest dev stream, the log in reward system is being changed once more. This time it allows players to set reward goals to work towards. for example, you can select the Sigma and Octantis, currently 700 day reward, and work towards it presumably log in for 50 days and obtain it. 

The current log in reward system is okay. It rewards loyal players who stick to the game and are in some cases a sort of identifiable trophy for hardcore players who also log into the game frequently. You don't even have to do any work, just log in when it's reset time and it counts. The proposed system gets rid of all sense of reward for hardcore players. Sure it's better for the casual player and by casual i mean the player who only plays for a limited time, maybe only on weekends but then again, you don't even have to play the game to add to your reward progress . All you have to do is log in and log out if you wish . I just can't understand why it would be changed to the new system discussed. it's really frustrating to be at 600 days plus like myself only to learn all my progress working towards certain log in goals will mean pretty much nothing in the near future. If people want a certain weapon faster from the rewards, why not log in and log out like the rest of us have ? i just don't get it and i don't think it's a good change at all. I hope DE reconsiders on this one 

3 minutes ago, (Xbox One)DeluxeKnight831 said:

it's really frustrating to be at 600 days plus like myself only to learn all my progress working towards certain log in goals will mean pretty much nothing in the near future. If people want a certain weapon faster from the rewards, why not log in and log out like the rest of us have ? i just don't get it and i don't think it's a good change at all. I hope DE reconsiders on this one 

I'm about 20 days from 700 and I think the changes are reasonable/warranted. Everyone still needs to log in the same amount to get everything, they just get to choose the order of the stuff they get. I fail to see how your progress means nothing, you've gotten 600 days worth of rewards already...

I think asking new players to log in 600 days for a reward in an aging game is a bit much, and if they don't do something to address this then it further alienates new/potential players. It's also not like you actually put in a lot of effort SOLEY for the log in reward, and it isn't devaluing your play time.

The new system lets people pick what they want, and then work towards it, I don't see why it's so horrible...oh no, people can get what they want in 2 months instead of almost 2 years...how terrible.

you will be sitting on a pile of login rewards while others unlock their first track.

you will have all the stuff you have worked to with (depending on how far you are) most of the tracks completed, while others have their first completed track

you will not lose anything, while others don't have to face potential two years of logins to get the thing they are interested in

you will still be ahead of new players

I am at day 684 and I don't care that others can have nice things too

actually I am kind of happy that they can

Edited by Helch0rn

Logging in just to get a reward is a polar opposite to loyalty, you do it to get something. That's like saying mercenaries are loyal soldiers, they are not, they work for money.

Call me a casual, but I've got 2,684 hours played on Steam, and I've started playing before Warframe even came to Steam. I've been playing since closed beta (yes, I do have Lato and Braton Vandal), the only event I missed was the introduction of Survival missions. My profile is already over 4 years old, I've bought 2 Prime Accesses and one Prime Vault. Am I a casual and unloyal player? Because I've got my Zenistar literally yesterday.

Want some goodies for logging in just to get something in return? Fine, but locking weapons with unique mechanics that actually impact the gameplay is not a fitting reward for just logging in for one minute

Edited by markus230

It will let you select a track.  Sigil packs will almost definitely be queued so you can only choose the next one in line.  The high-end sigil packs will still be exclusive to long-time loggers.

What the new system does is let players sort the gameplay-affecting items to the front and grab them first.  They still need to wait for them.  They still need to log a large number of days to earn them all.  All they get to do new is push items they find less important aside while working on the ones they really care about.

Full-count loggers get sigils for prestige.  New and returning players now have a reason to log in instead of having a system shoved in their faces that says "you can never have all the weapons."  It encourages more active participation in the system, which is DE's goal.

New/returning players more satisfied.

Habitual loggers retain some exclusives.

Login system gets increased participation.

It's a rework that serves all groups well.

Edited by Callback

These login "rewards" are the only weapons in the game really that are locked behind something that has no way of speeding up or obtaining. It was a bad idea from the very start and this change is a very very good thing that will stop people from being extreamly bitter about it. 

They shouldn't have ever put weapons behind it. Boosters etc are fine but weapons behind 500, 700 or more is just gross.

Just now, Helch0rn said:

I am at day 684 and I don't care that others can have nice things too

actually I am kind of happy that they can

Same. It's a bit of a downer when get excited for my new login reward prize and other people in my clan chat are like, "Well, that sounds great. I guess my chance at happiness won't come for another three years. Thanks, jerkwad."

Allow me to understand what you're saying. You think that it is unreasonable for a person who just recently started to have the choice of milestone to work to, rather than having to log in for over 2 years to get something? They'll still need to log in for however many days to get everything, it'll just be the order that changes. 

I have to agree with the OP on this.  Login rewards are supposed to be rewards for loyally logging into the game for a specific period of time.  Being able to bypass that doesn't make a ton of sense to me.

Currently, having something like the Zenistar or Zenith means you've put in your time.  Newer players see those weapons and have something to work toward.  Making it essentially available to everyone in 50 days kinda sucks.

This is a positive change honestly - it allows some player control over these rewards, instead of having the disappointing knowledge that you simply have to log in for ~2 years. I know you may feel jilted but if you're closing in on 700, Im not sure you have much to complain about, you already have everything previous to that, not like you're losing anything - and the perceived 'prestige' behind the items is meaningless. 

Lets not forget the folks who had been playing previous the the milestone reward system - none of our time had accrued or carried over. Had to start from scratch like everyone else.

1 minute ago, Tizodd said:

I have to agree with the OP on this.  Login rewards are supposed to be rewards for loyally logging into the game for a specific period of time.  Being able to bypass that doesn't make a ton of sense to me.

Currently, having something like the Zenistar or Zenith means you've put in your time.  Newer players see those weapons and have something to work toward.  Making it essentially available to everyone in 50 days kinda sucks.

Its not a bypass - you'll still need the 700 or whatever the cap is to get everything, you simply get to choose the order of things. I dont see how that is any problem.

10 minutes ago, Mavor said:

Its not a bypass - you'll still need the 700 or whatever the cap is to get everything, you simply get to choose the order of things. I dont see how that is any problem.

It is though.  Pretty much every player will set their first milestone as the Zenistar...that's pretty much a given.  Zenistar will likely be followed by Primed Fury, Zenith, then maybe Primed Vigor, etc.  It's totally bypassing.

Edited by Tizodd
typo

4 minutes ago, Tizodd said:

You dont have something to work. You just have to log in. While i think there should be a reward for loyality, i think weapons are "too big" rewards for log in one day after other. I mean... 2 years to get a weapon.... imagine when they reach 3 or 4 years, I would prefer if they were rewarded for hours played, since you can play more a week than someone that just logs in and goes out. 

This system will, overall, be a positive change - players will be happier having some control over it than not. Sure, like anything, with change comes some folks who arent going to like it. But in the long run, its a good solution.

I'm not sure that prestige is a valid enough reason to lock new content away from players for upwards of 2 years. If you've been faithfully logging in ever since the change, then you already have an advantage in that you'll have everything at once and will continue to do so.

Put yourself in the shoes of some of the players that came before you and religiously logged in prior to the change... is it fair to say that your logins are more meaningful than theirs, especially when they've never been credited for that time?

Edited by JuicyPop

Just now, Condeangel said:

You dont have something to work. You just have to log in. While i think there should be a reward for loyality, i think weapons are "too big" rewards for log in one day after other. I mean... 2 years to get a weapon.... imagine when they reach 3 or 4 years, I would prefer if they were rewarded for hours played, since you can play more a week than someone that just logs in and goes out. 

I still feel it's a bad decision.  You're free to disagree.  In the end [DE] is going to do whatever best serves their bottom line.  New players tend to spend more money on plat than vets that have everything already, so I can't really blame [DE] for placing a really high importance on new player satisfaction.

It still seems messed up that I had to wait 300 days to get my Zenistar, but some new player will be able to get it in 50 (or whatever the final time frame is).  In the end, it's only a game and I won't lose any sleep over it, but I do feel a bit shafted by the reward being so quickly obtained by others when I had to wait much longer for it.

2 minutes ago, Tizodd said:

I still feel it's a bad decision.  You're free to disagree.  In the end [DE] is going to do whatever best serves their bottom line.  New players tend to spend more money on plat than vets that have everything already, so I can't really blame [DE] for placing a really high importance on new player satisfaction.

It still seems messed up that I had to wait 300 days to get my Zenistar, but some new player will be able to get it in 50 (or whatever the final time frame is).  In the end, it's only a game and I won't lose any sleep over it, but I do feel a bit shafted by the reward being so quickly obtained by others when I had to wait much longer for it.

With this mentality though, is it not completely unfair then to even think about tweaking Focus 2.0 given that a handful of players are close to capping waybounds?

1 minute ago, Tizodd said:

I do agree that it should be limited somehow. Having newbies with loyality weapons should not be a thing. I would put a requirement off 100 days or 100 hours at least for the weapons, and a certain mastery rank/other requisite. But i do think that "closing the gape" is something that is really needed. I have been playing almost for a year, and i did not reach the zenistar yet (300 days), just because i did not know that there were such a good rewards, or i couldnt log in somedays. Yet it feels wrong because i dedicated more time and effort than some people that just log in, and havent completed half the start chart/quest/etc.

Just now, JuicyPop said:

With this mentality though, is it not completely unfair then to even think about tweaking Focus 2.0 given that a handful of players are close to capping waybounds?

They refunded the points.  Besides...focus isn't the same as a physical weapon or mod.

7 minutes ago, Tizodd said:

They refunded the points.  Besides...focus isn't the same as a physical weapon or mod.

It's the same concept though. A few players have already done the hard work so why should they make it easier for everyone else when they've proven that it can be done?

I understand why you feel a bit slighted but I don't believe that any change will ever be a pure positive. 

Edited by JuicyPop