Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The proposed log-in reward changes are frustrating and dissapointing

(XBOX)DeluxeKnight831

41 minutes ago, Flareux said:

I think it's a great idea. Opens weapons up to newer players instead of no lifers hugging all long term weapons and those weapons not getting used.

Don't be so closed in about weapons. It's a good thing with availability.

I think it's great because it gives DE the freedom to put more interesting options into the queue that might have otherwise caused a lot of forum strife given the raw number of logins that they would have been gated behind. 

Edited by JuicyPop

I have been playing since day 1 on PS4. Real life has kept me from logging in everyday and so I am 500+ days in. Having player select a reward to "work" towards in no way harms a veteran like me. Everyone can take advantage of this system. Us vets will still have more login weapons. Why would anyone complain about this other than for some superiority complex thing?

23 minutes ago, Tizodd said:

They refunded the points.  Besides...focus isn't the same as a physical weapon or mod.

Have you forgotten Hema? That was the exact mentality that they used an excuse not to bring down the absurd Mutagin Cost. Same mentality about a weapon in this case, so you're counter point has evidence to suggest otherwise.

1 hour ago, (Xbox One)DeluxeKnight831 said:

For those who didn't catch the latest dev stream, the log in reward system is being changed once more. This time it allows players to set reward goals to work towards. for example, you can select the Sigma and Octantis, currently 700 day reward, and work towards it presumably log in for 50 days and obtain it. 

The current log in reward system is okay. It rewards loyal players who stick to the game and are in some cases a sort of identifiable trophy for hardcore players who also log into the game frequently. You don't even have to do any work, just log in when it's reset time and it counts. The proposed system gets rid of all sense of reward for hardcore players. Sure it's better for the casual player and by casual i mean the player who only plays for a limited time, maybe only on weekends but then again, you don't even have to play the game to add to your reward progress . All you have to do is log in and log out if you wish . I just can't understand why it would be changed to the new system discussed. it's really frustrating to be at 600 days plus like myself only to learn all my progress working towards certain log in goals will mean pretty much nothing in the near future. If people want a certain weapon faster from the rewards, why not log in and log out like the rest of us have ? i just don't get it and i don't think it's a good change at all. I hope DE reconsiders on this one 

But it still takes 700 days to get all the rewards. Vets will still have to work to get the new rewards as they get to that point like they already are, and new guys can get what they want while still progressing through the entire pool at the same pace as everyone has and is.

looking a some of these replies, i came to a suggestion i think will be a fair compromise. Keep the current system but at every hundred days, you choose 1 weapon or mod. i think it remains fair to both veterans and newer players that way or introduce the newer system but make it a hundred days to get the reward you work towards rather than 50 

I just don't understand why people feel like they DESERVE something special for finding the game sooner.

Our loyalty has been rewarded by the fact we've been enjoying the game and helping it evolve and succeed and keep bringing in new players, who will likely always be naturally behind long time veterans in some manner.

Why do you feel so entitled to a few items locked behind a waiting game? Seriously, is it THAT important to you?

4 minutes ago, (PS4)Vagnar said:

I just don't understand why people feel like they DESERVE something special for finding the game sooner.

Our loyalty has been rewarded by the fact we've been enjoying the game and helping it evolve and succeed and keep bringing in new players, who will likely always be naturally behind long time veterans in some manner.

Why do you feel so entitled to a few items locked behind a waiting game? Seriously, is it THAT important to you?

it is because it's a sort of trophy. i mean it definitely is important enough for other people to want them ASAP right ?

2 minutes ago, (Xbox One)DeluxeKnight831 said:

it is because it's a sort of trophy. i mean it definitely is important enough for other people to want them ASAP right ?

If it's so important why was so many arguments made them being largely mastery fodder, prior to this change?

13 minutes ago, -GarboPrimeAccessories- said:

If it's so important why was so many arguments made them being largely mastery fodder, prior to this change?

dunno about other people but i enjoy the weapons apart from the zenith. Also they aren't there to be good or great imo. that's not the point, the point is they are a prize you work for. 
nice user name btw

22 minutes ago, (Xbox One)DeluxeKnight831 said:

dunno about other people but i enjoy the weapons apart from the zenith. Also they aren't there to be good or great imo. that's not the point, the point is they are a prize you work for. 
nice user name btw

Thanks.

30 minutes ago, (Xbox One)DeluxeKnight831 said:

nice user name btw

Sure, but do you believe that there should be a rhyme or reason as to the particular day that these items are slotted at?

Do you believe that the rewards on day 1000 should necessarily be better than those on day 500 just because it's a higher count? If you don't believe so, then this change shouldn't be unreasonable. If you do believe so, then is it also acceptable that login rewards will then necessarily define the meta after a certain point?

In other words, unless you believe that higher count rewards must necessarily be better than their predecessors, then you shouldn't have an objection if people now have the ability to simply choose what they want. 

Edited by JuicyPop

5 hours ago, (PS4)Elvenbane said:

I'm about 20 days from 700 and I think the changes are reasonable/warranted. Everyone still needs to log in the same amount to get everything, they just get to choose the order of the stuff they get. I fail to see how your progress means nothing, you've gotten 600 days worth of rewards already...

Yeah but we didn't get to choose when forced to get dumb sigils and caches that weren't really all that rewarding.  It's kinda obvious that new players are just gonna prioritize all the stuff that gives them mastery.

I understand both sides of the fence, but I feel DE needs to limit the choice players have still - for example they shouldn't be allowed to work for 2 weapons in a row, they should have to break it up and grab a lesser reward in between just as we did.  

We don't have 700 on console yet, but I'm nearing 650 and hearing the stream today kind of ruined my motivation to do daily logins.  As it stands now I log in religiously, even on days I'm unable to play - I always make a point to turn the PS4 on and do it... now I feel liek I've been wasting 5 minutes of my day every day for the past 2 years.  Things I waited 150 days for, somebody will now be able to choose to do in 50.  

Edited by (PS4)lagrue

2 hours ago, (PS4)lagrue said:

Yeah but we didn't get to choose when forced to get dumb sigils and caches that weren't really all that rewarding.  It's kinda obvious that new players are just gonna prioritize all the stuff that gives them mastery.

I understand both sides of the fence, but I feel DE needs to limit the choice players have still - for example they shouldn't be allowed to work for 2 weapons in a row, they should have to break it up and grab a lesser reward in between just as we did.  

We don't have 700 on console yet, but I'm nearing 650 and hearing the stream today kind of ruined my motivation to do daily logins.  As it stands now I log in religiously, even on days I'm unable to play - I always make a point to turn the PS4 on and do it... now I feel liek I've been wasting 5 minutes of my day every day for the past 2 years.  Things I waited 150 days for, somebody will now be able to choose to do in 50.  

You are still 650 days ahead of any new player that steps into the game. I don't understand this mentality unless you believe that higher count rewards need to simply be better which would be its own can of worms. 

Edited by JuicyPop

17 hours ago, (Xbox One)DeluxeKnight831 said:

The current log in reward system is okay. It rewards loyal players who stick to the game and are in some cases a sort of identifiable trophy for hardcore players who also log into the game frequently.

It is not ok.I am active player that didnt take a break from this game for around 3 years,but still I am some 50 days behind now.That time I didnt log in is only gonna get bigger over time because I and many other players have a life you know.And in you're way of thinking player that only logs in for a minute and has 700 minutes of play is in your opinion more loyal than me and others with 2500 hours of play time?Im not even going to mention new players who will be late around 2years to get some login weapon from present time.

I say gg DE thats the way to go.

I'm of two minds about the change.

On one hand I can now choose what reward to work towards by logging in.

On the other hand, unless the latest reward is something I want I won't bother to log in everyday anymore. 

It kinda goes by what DE wants the purpose behind login rewards to be.  Is it just a system to reward players or is it a system for getting players to log in and maybe stay logged in and play the game when maybe they would have done other things with their time.   If its the later then I think this new system is a mistake since now people will know that unless there is a reward they really want they can pass on logging in.

Personally I log in every day because I like the game but now I won't have that stress of missing out on something cool if I take a long break to play something else. At most all i have to wait is a couple of months for whatever cool item comes out in the future that I think I will need.  This helps me use my time for other things but maybe not in the best interest of DE since I would be possibly spending my time and money on other things.  Of course if this hurts DE making more money then it hurts my game that I love...now I am kinda conflicted on what to want here...

Now that I'm at the end of writing all of this and thinking about myself and others I have to say the new system is best for new and very casual players.  If it gets more players playing my favorite game over time then its a great idea and I firmly support it.  However, I am an old gamer and I play many games, most with login rewards, and I know exactly what the new system will mean to me.  I won't feel compelled to login everyday anymore and start to play more of my other games.  A couple months isn't a long time for me and that seems to be the longest I will have to wait for any new item that comes up.

If the new system makes more short term and new players happy and makes DE happy enough to keep this game going for me to come back to years from now then I think its a good choice.  However if it makes vets like me bleed out to other games because we don't feel like logging in sometimes and having other games catch our time and money then I'm not sure the new system will work.  It's a balance all businesses have to walk in order to satisfy new and vet customers and I hope DE makes the right choice. 

1 hour ago, Dougram said:

On one hand I can now choose what reward to work towards by logging in.

On the other hand, unless the latest reward is something I want I won't bother to log in everyday anymore. 

A point, but I look at it this way:

They're giving me something for something I was going to do anyway. I usually play every day. I don't always manage to. I don't worry about it. I think I'm about a week behind the actual reward date...and so what? I play, I get stuff. It's all good.

If DE wants to change this system, OK. It's their system and they know (more or less) what they want from it. It's cool. I play because I like playing the game. The login system with whatever it may or may not have isn't anything close to being a top concern of mine when playing the game.

I'm about to hit the 500 day log in reward and think the system they proposed is great. Op honestly is just being selfish. I don't care about the weapons as much as I do about the mods. Primed fury is amazing and so is primed shred.

Even if  a new player gets a weapon, that's just one of many. Also those weapons are far from mandatory and new players will be more interested in the potatoes most likely.

I'm all for the change, back when Warframe was getting ddos'd I wasn't able to log on for up to a week. There have been a few cyber attacks in the past so needless to day I'm a few weeks behind through no fault of my own, unfortunately where live I don't have a fast enough connection to the servers and I wasn't able to get on no matter how much I tried during those attacks. 

tl;dr Changes are good.

4 hours ago, Sloan441 said:

The irony here is breathtaking.

How so? I'm not that far behind on my own logins. I just acknowledge it's becoming a problem the longer time goes.

I guess that's just a self-defense though to justify your undying need to feel better than others for accomplishing playing a game longer? I'm already so jealous.

20 hours ago, (PS4)fullblast35 said:

Blame it on the players complaining about it.  I've spent blood sweat and tears to get where I am, now anyone can get everything thanks to this lazy side of the community who wants everything fast.  At least we know DE listens.

Implying having a life/job/family is lazy...

sorry im not a jobless kid that can play games everyday just to login for “mah loyalty weapon”

3 hours ago, (PS4)Vagnar said:

How so? I'm not that far behind on my own logins. I just acknowledge it's becoming a problem the longer time goes.

I guess that's just a self-defense though to justify your undying need to feel better than others for accomplishing playing a game longer? I'm already so jealous.

It’s quite funny, someone in another thread felt so insulted by the change they wanted all current 700day login players to have a unique frame with its own special quest that no one else will ever be able to obtain, because they are infact special and loyal.....

but yes ultimately this boils down to some very insecure people that feel like unless they have something unique they are somehow diminished.

lets be honest here. Zenith isn’t even a meta weapon in the slightest, it’s currently bugged to hell, zenistar has a niche use in defence missions, the Azima just sucks outright and the new sword and shield (whilst I don’t have it) is entirely outclassed stat wise by silva and aegis prime, more so when you factor in condition overload and the guaranteed heat procs from ground slams.

the funny thing is people think their “special” for using these weapons in missions, when infact far more people have them than they realise. They merely don’t use them because there’s far better options around and they don’t care about snowflake status symbols