Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

On the Khora changes from her original intention

Queen_Crimson

DE's been very good with matching warframe abilities with their looks. However, With Khora supposed to be an exalted whip/pet summoner...

whaaat?

You told us she was originally intended to be a spider warframe. This is very, very, very obvious with her looks. So why change her skills to have no influence on her looks? I can see that gothic corset, that abdomen-like coat-tail piece, the spindly limbs, the spider-like face...

So why change it DE? Even if you made a spider spawn instead of a cat that would be fine, but she looks nothing like what her skills are going to be while her aesthetics are spider spider spider.

I totally love the idea of a Cat Lady™ Warframe, but I don't think it fits with Khora's current design. The whole "metal and spider" thing fits so much more. I think the idea of just making the Kavat she summons be a spider is brilliant! It will obviously come with challenges depending on how far her kit has been developed, but there is a massive disconnect from visuals to kit based on what we've been told about it.

I trust DE with it, it is their game, but I hope they consider doing something. After all, they did change Chroma's default helmet. So I'm sure if the community makes enough noise in a polite manner, we could see a change.

2 minutes ago, BlakusLogan said:

Look at ember and tell me what looking like a chicken has anything with being able to control fire.

1 minute ago, Queen_Crimson said:

She looks like a chicken because chickens look a lot like phoenixes, which is what her design is

Yeah she's supposed to be a phoenix, not a chicken.

2 minutes ago, BlakusLogan said:

What about samurai and glass with Gara?

Trin Prime & Chroma both get the chance to look like a lobster and lobster parts aren't considered healing material nor do they freeze or burn you unless you take it out of the freezer and get a freezer burn.

... Gara is literally covered in glass as armor, and Warframe uses Japanese aesthetics. Trinity Prime's tail is a reference to how everyone called base Trinity lobster-tailed before her Prime was a thing. Chroma still looks like a dragon.

6 minutes ago, EliteOne60 said:

How does she look like a frog? She's a ranger. She has a hood, she kinda has camo. She aint got an extendo-tongue.

To be fair her patterns are supposed to be based off of tree frogs, because she has camo and can rip-line

Otherwise she still has archer stuff on her and a single eye to signify her aim

1 hour ago, Queen_Crimson said:

DE's been very good with matching warframe abilities with their looks. However, With Khora supposed to be an exalted whip/pet summoner...

whaaat?

You told us she was originally intended to be a spider warframe. This is very, very, very obvious with her looks. So why change her skills to have no influence on her looks? I can see that gothic corset, that abdomen-like coat-tail piece, the spindly limbs, the spider-like face...

So why change it DE? Even if you made a spider spawn instead of a cat that would be fine, but she looks nothing like what her skills are going to be while her aesthetics are spider spider spider.

V

1 hour ago, (PS4)Mr_Fish10165 said:

Arachnophobia?

Pity. I guess DE fear that a frame with the player's phobia worn't be a 'great' move...

2 minutes ago, low1991 said:

V

Pity. I guess DE fear that a frame with the player's phobia worn't be a 'great' move...

If someone freaks out over a fake spider in a video game then they have more problems than just a phobia. Remember that DE added Octavia even though people would potentially get annoyed by the music.