Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Disable mining and fishing in bounties

Smite_NO

As topic says, it's getting to the point of stupid with ppl farming rss while 2-3 others are doing the bounty.

3 out of my 4 last bounties I've had ppl farming, and it's usually MR20+ which you can't talk sense too.

Edited by Smite_NO

46 minutes ago, LuckyCharm said:

I'm guessing the last 3/4 bounties you've run have been on public and you've walked in under prepared to be able to carry on your own? 

This should not matter in the least in this case.
If you join a bounty mission, you should participate and not just leech off from others who do the work.

At the very least DE, please state clearly if this is reportable behaviour that may lead punishments if repeated (If applicable expand on the existing knowledge post in the support section: https://digitalextremes.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/200287090-How-to-deal-with-Cheaters-AFKing-trolling-).

What bugs me the most is when the matching-making bugs out, I play 'invite only', so when I have been out on the plains for many minutes and i didn't invite you to my session, do not be telling me that I need to extract from Free Roam when I am mining or fishing, really it is very rude.

1 hour ago, JyuDragon said:

Hmm, don't like the way public games are played? simple answer.. solo bounties or have clan-mates/friends do them with you. Play with randoms expect different play styles.

This is a co-op (cooperative) game.  If someone joins a squad for bounties and refuses to help in meeting the mission goals, they are not playing cooperatively and should face consequences such as a suspension from public matchmaking.

Mining/fishing for extended periods of time while others do the bounty objectives is not a different "playstyle".  If this were a complaint about Limbo, Mesa, Ember, etc. I could side with you and say if you don't like others' playstyles, don't play with randoms, but this a post about people selecting a bounty from Konzu then mining/fishing instead of doing the bounty they selected.

They could make it so you have to be within a certain distance of the bounty objective when it is completed to receive standing for completion of the objective.  People might still be able to mine or fish but they would run out of mining nodes or not be able to fish for the fish they want.  They would also have to at least move with the group.  This wouldn't totally eliminate leechers but it would make it more burdensome without punishing people who are playing the objective.

I wouldn't be too upset with fishing being disabled, it takes a longer time to fish, but sometimes in between stages or if I notice a gem node I might stop for 10-15 seconds to mine it.  Mining is kind of pain because there isn't a way to target a specific ore or gem, you just have to mine a lot of nodes and hope you get what you need.  Getting a node per stage or a few nodes per bounty helps build up necessary resources and isn't a problem until someone wants to spend 30 minutes scouring the map for nodes instead of helping with bounties.

31 minutes ago, djternan said:

They could make it so you have to be within a certain distance of the bounty objective when it is completed to receive standing for completion of the objective.  [...]

Considering the nature of bounties to occasionally be finished in seconds I find this to be a bad idea. Additionally I do not want to be slowed down by a mechanic. We simply need DEs position on the matter. If they think, that players only should get matched with players who also chose a bounty, then I can't see how they could tolerate this behavior.

1 hour ago, ScribbleClash said:

Considering the nature of bounties to occasionally be finished in seconds I find this to be a bad idea. Additionally I do not want to be slowed down by a mechanic. We simply need DEs position on the matter. If they think, that players only should get matched with players who also chose a bounty, then I can't see how they could tolerate this behavior.

Its Public sessions, if players choose to play with randoms it is to be expected, have always been leechers in Warframe as annoying as it is hence the implementation of the AFK timer (that pretty much sucks when playing solo as it's good to take a coffee break during a 3hr survival). If everyone blocks the leechers/trolls in recruitment chat channel after they had exhibited this behaviour, they would soon run out of sessions to join, like I said, I only play 'invite only' because i prefer to play solo, seems many players having issues with searching the whole map and opening every container or finding every medallion, i play missions at my speed, its not a race, so i play solo 90% of the time.

Since PoE has been released, I have noticed a dramatic increase in players whining about leechs/trolls - don't want to risk encountering a leech/troll? don't play public, find a active clan and play with your friends.

The problem with disabling mining and fishing during bounties is it jacks over all the people who go take a bounty with the intent to mine/fish after they complete that bounty without having to go back to Cetus just to reload back to the plains to do so. 

Which was pretty much me through my Gara farm, I'd run the top three bounties until I needed to take a break because of the terribad loot and I'd just sit and fish or mine for a while until I felt like I could stomach another round of bounties. Now to some degree of fairness I did pretty much exclusively solo those, still doesn't seem like the best practice to throw solo players under the bus.

Or what if it's a group of friends who plan on doing that? Now they are forced to pop back into Cetus just to load back to the plains instead of being able to seamlessly transition their completed bounty mission into a fishing mission. 

Either way you cut it, it punishes decent people because there are some rando bad apples. As there is no real good way as far as I can figure to differentiate a pug group from a preformed group.  

There is only really one instance I could see them specifically disabling mining/fishing and that is if they ever add Eidolon hunts to the starchart like sorties. But then there is no question that the group that is formed is committing to a very specific and singular purpose. Nor does it hurt preformed groups because they can always go directly into the plains instead of popping in through the sortie-esq starchart option and will as such not be effected by the starchart Mining/fishing limitations.

Edited by Oreades

2 hours ago, djternan said:

If someone joins

If they are doing bounties. In my last 4 runs on the plains i was put in bounty runners while i wanted to fish a bit.

Even if they pick up a bounty that does not mean they are obligated to do it right now because you want it.

5 hours ago, ScribbleClash said:

This should not matter in the least in this case.
If you join a bounty mission, you should participate and not just leech off from others who do the work.

At the very least DE, please state clearly if this is reportable behaviour that may lead punishments if repeated (If applicable expand on the existing knowledge post in the support section: https://digitalextremes.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/200287090-How-to-deal-with-Cheaters-AFKing-trolling-).

Thank you, you said it all!

44 minutes ago, Fallen_Echo said:

If they are doing bounties. In my last 4 runs on the plains i was put in bounty runners while i wanted to fish a bit.

Even if they pick up a bounty that does not mean they are obligated to do it right now because you want it.

If you wanna do farming, go to freeroam.

48 minutes ago, Oreades said:

The problem with disabling mining and fishing during bounties is it jacks over all the people who go take a bounty with the intent to mine/fish after they complete that bounty without having to go back to Cetus just to reload back to the plains to do so. 

I don't see this as a problem, just a minor inconvenience.

7 hours ago, Smite_NO said:

As topic says, it's getting to the point of stupid with ppl farming rss while 2-3 others are doing the bounty.

3 out of my 4 last bounties I've had ppl farming, and it's usually MR20+ which you can't talk sense too.

Eh, I always bring what I need to solo bounties. If someone wants to mess around oh well. I'd honestly rather have some MR20 join who's just farming than an MR5 join who constantly dies and/or messes up/fails my bounty.

I Wil say that this brings up a better topic. DE, Please add a vote to kick option. Especially now that DE is saying that you'll be able to leave squad even in normal missions. Vote kicking should just do and allow that

Edited by Mr.Holyroller

I'm going to have to disagree with this topic for one reason: incursions. If you want to do high level incursions (whether solo or in a group), you have to do a high-level bounty first. There's really nothing else to do while waiting for incursions to pop other than fishing or mining.

46 minutes ago, Fallen_Echo said:

And how can i do that from my liset? IF i want to go farming i dont even step foot on the colony and i usually leave the setting on public because in case its nighttime i go to hunt some teralysts.

1. Set yourself off public.

2. You'll never get a good run of hunting teralysts by just randomly jumping into the plains at night. It will just be a waste of time in relation to groups now averaging 5-7 captures per night session

It's like you're saying "I can't help but leech"

Edited by Mr.Holyroller

28 minutes ago, Mr.Holyroller said:

1. Set yourself off public.

2. You'll never get a good run of hunting teralysts by just randomly jumping into the plains at night. It will just be a waste of time in relation to groups now averaging 5-7 captures per night session

It's like you're saying "I can't help but leech"

First of all i passionately avoid the recruit chat, if i cant do it with randoms i dont even bother with it and if i can only manage to destroy one it doesnt matter especially since i go there to unwind and not to actually do some hardcore farming. Some fish here, some ores there, a lone teralyst on the way and i call it a day.

Second i like to enter pub runs, because those challange you. You dont just go around in a predefined meta team knowing how to deal with everything, you go around with what you got and if that means i gotta do sortie spy runs with a team of rhinos, akkad runs with mr4 frost globe spammers and ediolon hunts with undergeared people then im gonna do it. I dont care that much.

Also i cant leech if i dont have the bounty active as far as i know so its more like "im the lone wolf here and you are the active group there, go bother someone else"

You  can always troll the fishermen.

Unintended bonus game.  Buzz them with your Archwing (sit on their head) , shoot rockets at them and aggro enemies and reinforcements and lead them to the location.  

Or go fish and rock finding.  

1 minute ago, Retchid said:

You  can always troll the fishermen.

Unintended bonus game.  Buzz them with your Archwing (sit on their head) , shoot rockets at them and aggro enemies and reinforcements and lead them to the location.  

Or go fish and rock finding.  

or use valkyr's ripline to drag them into the water :^)

22 minutes ago, Fallen_Echo said:

First of all i passionately avoid the recruit chat, if i cant do it with randoms i dont even bother with it and if i can only manage to destroy one it doesnt matter especially since i go there to unwind and not to actually do some hardcore farming. Some fish here, some ores there, a lone teralyst on the way and i call it a day.

Second i like to enter pub runs, because those challange you. You dont just go around in a predefined meta team knowing how to deal with everything, you go around with what you got and if that means i gotta do sortie spy runs with a team of rhinos, akkad runs with mr4 frost globe spammers and ediolon hunts with undergeared people then im gonna do it. I dont care that much.

Also i cant leech if i dont have the bounty active as far as i know so its more like "im the lone wolf here and you are the active group there, go bother someone else"

Warframe hipster? Also, the original post is about bounties so....

How about no? What else am I supposed to do while I wait for the next phase of the bounty to start and I'm surrounded by ore/gem deposits? Why should I have to suffer for leeching countermeasures that are probably just going to bug out and break the game anyway? This is why we can't have nice things.

57 minutes ago, DreamsmithJane said:

How about no? What else am I supposed to do while I wait for the next phase of the bounty to start and I'm surrounded by ore/gem deposits? Why should I have to suffer for leeching countermeasures that are probably just going to bug out and break the game anyway? This is why we can't have nice things.

I agree with that, but I also feel a forced time (1 min) exit when two players are at the door is needed.  

I've had to leave more than 1 public game and loose resources because some selfish jerk decides to fish in a bounty.  Grabbing a mineral on the way to the next objective is perfectly reasonable.  Going fishing for 5+ minutes while 3 players are at extraction is a total jerk move.

10 hours ago, Mr.Holyroller said:

Warframe hipster? Also, the original post is about bounties so....

Okay then let me repeat what i wrote upper:

14 hours ago, Fallen_Echo said: