The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can Universal Vacuum just happen already?

Crowshrink

3 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

If you're like me and couldn't care less about getting argon and Orokin cells? Lol

There will come a point when you don't need the things in bulk

You're not the only one playing the game. In the past post you're keep saying that nobody needs vacuum because nobody gives two thoughts about resources.

Guess what? Many ppl needs that resources. Vet may not needs them, but vets are not the majority of the game. And majority of the game want UV.

By your logic we don't even need Earth or other planets because it's boring.

QOL is for the better game experience and more concentrated gameplay.

And let's face it.farming is boring and tedious.

42 minutes ago, Nocontents said:

You're not the only one playing the game. In the past post you're keep saying that nobody needs vacuum because nobody gives two thoughts about resources.

Guess what? Many ppl needs that resources. Vet may not needs them, but vets are not the majority of the game. And majority of the game want UV.

By your logic we don't even need Earth or other planets because it's boring.

QOL is for the better game experience and more concentrated gameplay.

And let's face it.farming is boring and tedious.

That's not a need. If you WANT to get resources, you have the option to use vacuum. It's not needed on everything

Also, im just answering the question. When you don't need resources, vacuum feels like a waste of time compared to other utilities.

Edited by Hypernaut1

40 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

That's not a need. If you WANT to get resources, you have the option to use vacuum. It's not needed on everything

Also, im just answering the question. When you don't need resources, vacuum feels like a waste of time compared to other utilities.

Trying to understand the logic of vacuum wasting time when it actually makes time more efficient for farming for many players. You're focusing too hard on your own problem instead of seeing the big picture with the majority of the community 

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/7/2017 at 9:10 AM, Hypernaut1 said:

If you're like me and couldn't care less about getting argon and Orokin cells? Lol

This is a ridiculous argument. Orokin cells, sure, you build up a stockpile after a while, but Argon crystals only last for two days! The only way you could possibly not care about them is if you have nothing to build that needs them. That might be the case for you at MR21, but I'm only MR8; I need Argon crystals all the time.

10 minutes ago, nrll said:

This is a ridiculous argument. Orokin cells, sure, you build up a stockpile after a while, but Argon crystals only last for two days! The only way you could possibly not care about them is if you have nothing to build that needs them. That might be the case for you at MR21, but I'm only MR8; I need Argon crystals all the time.

It's not like you can't get argon crystals without vacuum. What's your point? 

And yeah, I don't have much that require argon crystals anymore. They usually just sit and expire in my inventory. 

My point is that "well I don't care about getting more argon" is a terrible argument. You're not the only one who plays this game, your experience is not universal. I'm willing to bet it's not even common given your MR.

1 hour ago, Misgenesis said:

Can sentinels get my Kavats utility, survivability and damage, DE for godsake i just wanna use a sentinel without feeling gimped

Reveal hidden contents

:^)

I don't remember the last time my carrier died and in pretty much every piece of content that matters everything is dead to quickly to care about my companion anyways.  Vacuum is basically the only utility on my companion that really matters for 99% of content too.

vor 1 Stunde schrieb nrll:

As ridiculous to want a universal vaccum because you want to use a Kavat/Kubrow.

I'll chime in here for a moment.

When it comes to buffs/nerfs/changes, there's two ways to impact the game. Either it's gonna change around power or change around convenience.

In my opinion, every and any change that makes things more convenient should be applied. From universal vacuum to more minor things like faster weapon switching, removal of archwing consumables or maybe separately colorable helmets and armor pieces.

These are all little things that help make the game more enjoyable as a whole. 

Clinging on to inconveniences for whatever reason just needs to go. Existing mods don't matter. Tradition is pointless. Embrace the future.

I've seen devs make convenience improvements to games out of their own volition, and while I respect DE deeply, I feel that it's just plain stupid to not give the community this simple change that they've literally begged for.

Just now, Kuestenjung said:

As ridiculous to want a universal vaccum because you want to use a Kavat/Kubrow.

Perhaps, but I haven't made that argument.

would, however, make the argument that the current vacuum radius is so small as to be a noticeable detractor from the genuinely enjoyable parts of the game's core gameplay loop, and should therefore be increased. The fact that this has been a point of controversy within the community for literal years is evidence enough of that.

I would have to agree with the "you have to farm it and not make it too easy" argument.  This is a free to play game.  They have to push things to be bought with real money and the grind is part of it.  Also to say pets shouldn't degrade is easy for the negligent but pets have to be fed.  It may not be food your buying but it's essentially the same thing.  You should feel lucky you don't have to pay plat to keep your pet kicking.  75k is a drop in the bucket.  It only gets in the way of other goals.  This game is a long term investment though built on either patience or a lot of hard earned cash.  Its your choice really or if your that poor it's a free game.. deal with it.  

1 hour ago, Urabask said:

I don't remember the last time my carrier died and in pretty much every piece of content that matters everything is dead to quickly to care about my companion anyways.  Vacuum is basically the only utility on my companion that really matters for 99% of content too.

Thats great, youve made a choice.

On 11/10/2017 at 6:39 AM, Tandem28 said:

I am honestly infuriated that people would even consider being against this feature. It is simply so essential and so much of a QoL augmentation that I can’t fathom not having it.

I literally only use sentinels because of vacuum. That is their entire purpose to me. I would love to use my kubrow/kavat as I like their abilities as well and have their own range of nice features. But they are patently inferior for not having vacuum. The better damage and buffs are not enough to make up for the lack of vacuum.

Companions do not need a nerf if frames get vacuum. That’s simply a ridiculous notion. They would instead see a lot more use as people would be free to make choices based on preference rather than feeling forced to only use sentinels for vacuum. I should not need to list all the benefits of vacuum as they have already been listed many times in this thread.

The entire point of this game is the goddamn loot. If you’re not picking it up, you’re not playing it right. And outside of vacuum it is tedious to deal with this aspect of gameplay when I’d rather focus on the objective and kill enemies.

A 5m inate vacuum would be excellent. If people want more, there’s always sentinels.

I couldn't agree with this more.

DE don't bother adding more companions if you won't give them a Vacuum. Sentenials will always be the players pick and not because we prefer them. I'd love to see more companions around and use my own more often than I do. However, using a companion is a punishment. I can't get every mod spread throughout a map like Hydron. I'll miss at least 3 mods plus resources. Hydron is a small map but having a 3m vacuum is even smaller.

The player in the quote has it right if you are missing mods or resources that dropped for YOU then you aren't playing the game right. I don't care if that mod is common or I have a lot of resources. I want it because I spent time in that mission. Not only does the player have to face RNG on resources and mods but the possibility of not reaching that mod/resource in time.

Usually I will find myself in a position where 3 mods are on the left and 2 on the right. I have to make my pick and no matter what I pick... I know what I should of picked was a sentenial. 

DE....really.

A passive vacuum would be nice to have with a medium range like 5-7 meters because that still not op in range, not ruin your game if you have to move and you still can get the loot and the misplaced loots aswell. The major problem is with it the uses of sentinels then if nor the pet nor the sentinel have the mod, then the sentinel need something which makes them still a good choice but balanced to kubrows-kavats and any future pets.

I am not the fan of you make a choice and choose between of them because you basically choose the quality of life and use sentinel for loot. I have no problem to go without them and often going without any companion but that is just annoying when your loot out of place and you cannot take it because falling into a pit or stuck into the wall and you cannot just take it. A passive warframe vacuum can solve this with a medium range and that is simply weird that many peoples against it with pitiful reasons when already explained and have feedbacks on this idea how it should have work in reality.

The only problem what I seen here is what we will do with the sentinels if they lose their privilege of giving you loot. I have ideas what they can do for you and basically they need just new weapon sets to ge a normal amount of damage and need the ability to survive or be revivable like pets. The pets need to get the rid off the flaws called dna degradation then both parties seems more balanced to me.

A quality of life change (addition) should not be the difference between sidekickers.

3 hours ago, Kuestenjung said:

That's not ridiculous. It's a perfectly reasonable request. Right now people feel like Sentinels are simply the better choice for general farming. Giving universal vacuum to all pets would allow people to choose what they want, without feeling like they are making the day harder for themselves. It would encourage diversity. In a fast-paced farming game like this, it helps to have a little extra utility when gathering supplies.