The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mag + Astilla = Lethal Combo!

AshenOne07

2 minutes ago, AshenOne07 said:

Only problem I face using mag is survivability. Any tips guys?

Move a lot, put your 2 everywhere and keep using your 3 on CD (preferrably with augment), this is how I survive above lvl 100 enemies. Can even use Pull in case of emergency.

1 minute ago, aligatorno said:

I personally use her Augment for Polarize to always keep up overshields and her 1 to CC enemies. QT doesn't work too well on her because of the low energy pool. 

Yeah. That's my thoughts too about QT. I haven't tried that augment yet but will give it a shot tomorrow. Thanks

2 minutes ago, aligatorno said:

I personally use her Augment for Polarize to always keep up overshields and her 1 to CC enemies. QT doesn't work too well on her because of the low energy pool. 

^^

I Use Primed Vigor with Augument for Polarize.

520 Health is still low, but with polarize spaming you can survive.

13 minutes ago, AshenOne07 said:

Mag's survivability relies on Magnetize a lot.

Pull is useful in emergency situation.

Make sure you have enough ability range for both abilities.

Even though Crush locks Mag in place, all nearby enemies cannot attack while Mag is casting Crush. If your teammates are around you, you can use Crush. Your teammates will kill the enemies for you.

Mag has to utilize all her abilities to survive. Sadly, she only has 150 energy at 30. Syndicate weapons with energy regen effect such as Synoid Gammacor are pretty useful if you are not using Zenurik.

Edited by yles9056

1 hour ago, AshenOne07 said:

Like the others mentioned above, the best way to survive as mag is ALWAYS BE MOVING. Stop for even a second and you'll probably get downed.

3 hours ago, phoenix1992 said:

Meh, still can't hold a candle to the decimation of Mag + Lenz in PoE.

You think I need to aim with that? How naive.

To be fair, don't really have to aim with the Astilla either to do significant damage.  I've outpaced Lenz users.  But my Astilla's build isn't a typical "damage, multi-shot, elements."  It's 8/10 Primed Point Blank/Hell's Chamber/Vigilante Armaments/Primed Shotgun Mutation/Toxic Barrage/Shell Shock/Shotgun Spazz/Ammo Stock.  Just carpet bombs everything. 

Raksa Kubrow basically allows me to not spam polarize if I'm moving quickly enough (not hard in the plains,) otherwise, Adarza Kavat means constant crits.  Trade out mutation if I bring Carrier. 

Not that spamming polarize on the plains is demanding.  Basically every other kill drops an energy orb, and considering how hard tusk Grineer durability scales, (I burn through level 100 sortie Grineer faster) spamming it is advisable.

The Astilla is a very flexible gun and for once, a projectile weapon that doesn't need a velocity mod to hit something past 20m before I die of old age.  Just as well, Mag is very suited for the plains simply because there's no shortage of energy out there.  Really, a self-sufficient sustainable energy build is practically wasteful.

Edited by Littleman88