Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

You really need to get that new Bounty reward system implemented ASAP.

CrazyCatLad

Warframe acquisition has taken a giant and slimy leap backwards into the RNG cesspits.  Acquisition through bosses was good and fine once you made it a guarantee drop at the end of the level.  Receiving parts from Quests was fine even if you time-locked continuing until the next piece was crafted.  But we are back at Closed Beta RNG levels with Gara acquisition (Nidus, Harrow, etc).

It is insulting really. 

So, I truly hope that next week, with the quest, comes the Bounty buff - a reward per stage.

I mean, or you could've just put Gara behind Ostron standing - not beyond the 1st Ostron rank.

inb4 i got gara in a few  runs waaaaaagh!

Edited by Lanieu

Intentionally filling reward tables with crap will be the death knell of this game. Its one thing to make rewards more and less useful rewards people want.

Filing reward tables with literally useless garbage to artificially extend grind, though...that will eventually push players away.

The business model is ruining this game.

Its freaking oppressive, and it pissed me off the most in PoE. That paired with the rates of mining rare gems, its just so frustrating, and it's not something they should "let soak" and see how players do with it. F'in fix it. Every patch it gets worse and worse, the loot dilution and grind to get the latest and greatest. DE perceives our time has having so little value, its such a slap in the face.

Edited by Skaleek

29 minutes ago, Skaleek said:

Its freaking oppressive, and it pissed me off the most in PoE. That paired with the rates of mining rare gems, its just so frustrating, and it's not something they should "let soak" and see how players do with it. F'in fix it. Every patch it gets worse and worse, the loot dilution and grind to get the latest and greatest. DE perceives our time has having so little value, its such a slap in the face.

Can you just picture the next Open World addition...say Venus or something? 328 new resources to gather! Massive loot tables for a new frame.

Still waiting for this to happen. Not playing the game until then. After it happens I will try to get the remaining parts of Gara and will likely not touch PoE anymore unless they also rework the rewards and make gems/fish obtainable by other means (tip: put them as bounty rewards instead of the S#&$ty credit caches and PoE resources that I can gather in less time if I just enter the plains and run around a bit).

I wonder what the numbers will be after the hype dies down and everybody realizes it doesn't really add much to the core gameplay.

1 hour ago, Shryoss said:

Still waiting for this to happen. Not playing the game until then. After it happens I will try to get the remaining parts of Gara and will likely not touch PoE anymore unless they also rework the rewards and make gems/fish obtainable by other means (tip: put them as bounty rewards instead of the S#&$ty credit caches and PoE resources that I can gather in less time if I just enter the plains and run around a bit).

I wonder what the numbers will be after the hype dies down and everybody realizes it doesn't really add much to the core gameplay.

I'm not even looking forward to the event. They're never any fun but more of a chore.

FYI, the drop rates for cetus bounties are published and each gara part besides the bp has a 7.37% chance of dropping. This means it should take an average of 41 bounties to complete a set, unless I'm misunderstanding something. I just thought this info might make the topic easier to talk about.

Part of the problem is that all the parts are rare, there are no common gara parts.

While I totally agree that they need to fix the bounty system, they are obvioulsy in NO rush to do anything.  Its more important to them to push out the operation (for Zaw crap no one wants) than fix focus, the bounty system, the Zaw system, the Amp system, etc etc.  By now, anone who has played for awhile can realize what their priorities are, and we are not high on that list.

DE also need to stop intentionally polluting loot tables with stuff they know is useless.

Hornet Strike, Point Blank and Point Strike should be GIVEN to new players in tutorial missions. That they're still RNG loot at this point is disgraceful.

Relics, Lenses, Rivens, set mods even...it's not like we can have too many. Use em, trade em...getting lots of Lenses isn't going to cause someone to leave the game.

Stop diluting tables with garbage. It really is an insult to your players.

3 minutes ago, BlackCoMerc said:

DE also need to stop intentionally polluting loot tables with stuff they know is useless.

Hornet Strike, Point Blank and Point Strike should be GIVEN to new players in tutorial missions. That they're still RNG loot at this point is disgraceful.

Relics, Lenses, Rivens, set mods even...it's not like we can have too many. Use em, trade em...getting lots of Lenses isn't going to cause someone to leave the game.

Stop diluting tables with garbage. It really is an insult to your players.

Credits are the worst though. 2.5k credits or 400 Endo ill always take the endo(Especialli if its survival Dark Sect. And I get 10x the credit reward anyways.)

Just now, racooperii said:

Credits are the worst though. 2.5k credits or 400 Endo ill always take the endo(Especialli if its survival Dark Sect. And I get 10x the credit reward anyways.)

The credit cache is insulting. That should be the PAYOUT - in addition to a reward.

Dear DE: 

Credit caches are not rewards. Three 5 wave Dark Sector runs is a better score than an entire DAY on the Plains, and new players KNOW it. Please just remove credit rewards, we know where they are if we need them.

Seriously, it's time to actually DO something about the grind here. You keep promising...so get it done.

On 11/12/2017 at 1:46 AM, Littleman88 said:

The only things that ever get any support on this forum are ways to reduce the grind.

The grind is *whispers* actually what makes WF fun, the trick is how and what you grind. Bounty grind right now doesn't feel fun, nor do most of the way you get the new frames, and the backwards steps with some of the bosses not allowing you to grind on them like you used to without first getting points/drops, such as on Sedna and Pluto.

10 hours ago, N64Gamefreak said:

I agree that the Gara grind was frustrating, but it was doable.  I still have not obtained a single Eidolon Lens BP from Bounty 5, and I hate getting 2x Cetus Wisp as a reward.

6 minutes ago, Nasair said:

The grind is *whispers* actually what makes WF fun, the trick is how and what you grind.

I agree with both of these. I don't mind grinding at all, its what makes WF what it is. However, the 2% chance to get an Eidolon lens is rather.... saddening to say the least. I've done dozens of bounty 5's and gotten wisps for half of the rewards. What makes wisps such an insulting reward, is that they're on the highest tier bounty and yet are some of the easiest resources to get in a much much shorter time than the time it takes to do a bounty 5.

This exposes a much larger issue:

Warframe is a loot grinder...with unfun, unsatisfactory loot. And tedious, miserable ways to grind it.

Grinding loot in Borderlands, or even Destiny, is more enjoyable for two reasons:

One: immediately useful loot. Guns, shields, armor. Loot in these games, is something we can USE.

Warframe solution: Tiered Rivens, with no unlock conditions, all over the star map, Void and Landscape maps. This offers useful loot people want as part of every mission.

Two: missions played your way. Borderlands especially just features bosses you blast away at. No annoying gimmicks. No forced waiting.

Warframe solution: power resistance for bosses, same as Rathuum, and built in damage resistance. Make em spongy, but knock off the annoying Invulnerability phases gimmicks.

For Bounties: the statement needs tons more mission variety. ASAP.

Edited by BlackCoMerc

41 minutes ago, Nasair said:

The grind is *whispers* actually what makes WF fun, the trick is how and what you grind. Bounty grind right now doesn't feel fun, nor do most of the way you get the new frames, and the backwards steps with some of the bosses not allowing you to grind on them like you used to without first getting points/drops, such as on Sedna and Pluto.

well, for my part, the grind makes the killing fun. It's like getting paid to raiding a starship like a super powered ninja pirate vampire.

Edited by Littleman88

13 hours ago, Azrael said:

FYI, the drop rates for cetus bounties are published and each gara part besides the bp has a 7.37% chance of dropping. This means it should take an average of 41 bounties to complete a set, unless I'm misunderstanding something. I just thought this info might make the topic easier to talk about.

Part of the problem is that all the parts are rare, there are no common gara parts.

To me it just feels wrong that gara (on average) will take longer to farm for than a prime frame. Think about it. Even the rare (gold) parts in relics can be upgraded to have a 10% drop chance, and effectively ~34% in a 4-person radshare squad. And the common and uncommon (brown/silver) parts are even easier to get, on fissure missions that take less time to complete than even low tier bounties. Especially when you consider the load times associated with entering/leaving Cetus every single bounty to get a new one from Konzu.

4 minutes ago, Xaranoth said:

Even the rare (gold) parts in relics can be upgraded to have a 10% drop chance, and effectively ~34% in a 4-person radshare squad.

Yes but don't forget you need to do additional relics just for traces. Overall I agree though. Gara is too hard to get. I think that this will be alleviated somewhat by the new bounty reward system, but how much will depend on how many chances you get at the rare tier per bounty at that level. Gara comes from the lower bounties that have less stages, so there's a limit to how much the new system can help.

20 minutes ago, Azrael said:

Yes but don't forget you need to do additional relics just for traces. Overall I agree though. Gara is too hard to get. I think that this will be alleviated somewhat by the new bounty reward system, but how much will depend on how many chances you get at the rare tier per bounty at that level. Gara comes from the lower bounties that have less stages, so there's a limit to how much the new system can help.

I know, but that really only applies if you want the new prime during the first week. After a month or so of just normal playing you’ll likely have enough of the new relics to just start opening them. With gara, either you’re grinding her parts or you’re not. You can’t play normally and passively make some progress towards getting her like you can with primes.

And yeah I am worried that the new system won’t help much if you can’t roll the rarer parts on the first stage(s), especially since the low tier bounties only have three stages. Gara’s parts are silver tier iirc, so hopefully we get at least 2 (if not 3) rolls at them per bounty. Otherwise yeah the new system won’t matter at all if we can still only roll for them on the last stage.

Edited by Xaranoth
2nd Paragraph