Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sortie Reward Changes Need To Happen

MrRagez

Any ETA on the changes to Sortie tables? Literally getting physically sick of getting sculptures every day for "end game" missions. Or has that still been put on hold, I recall seeing on a recent devstream that you guys were looking at changing things up a bit. I'm just at the point where I can guarantee that I'll get a sculpture, so much to the point that many of my friends are actually done doing Sorties at all. Most of my friends actually won't even do them with me because we're convinced I've been given a "sculpture curse". 1 riven a month is not fair. 1700 hours in, I don't need Endo. I want Rivens so I can actually have something to do. And before anyone says "just buy veiled Rivens", that's not a solution to skewed reward tables. What ever happened to the Sortie token system where you couldn't receive duplicate rewards in a week? Why exactly was that scrapped?

As a veteran who has ~3100 hrs of mission time, I understand your frustration with getting sculptures and endo.

However, I think rivens in particular need to take the opposite approach. Rivens were supposed to be end game content. Therefore they should be accessible at END GAME. 

Right now, the market is flooded with rivens in general, regardless of how often you do or dont get one. I myself do sorties every single day (i like the challenge in general) and i have accumulated about 80 rivens.

With that being said, I think rivens should be rare rewards, and accessible by higher level players. I think 1 riven a month IS fair, and should be the standard. The balance in this game was already stupid before rivens, and its off the charts now.

Of course...... this being provided with suitable end game content to warrant a legitimate desire for rivens to begin with....

1 minute ago, kgabor said:

Would be great if Ayatans and Endo could be just opted out of as possible rewards, i have exactly zero need for them.

Exactly, Sorties are end game. You shouldn't get things you can get anywhere else from them.

2 minutes ago, Faulcun said:

As a veteran who has ~3100 hrs of mission time, I understand your frustration with getting sculptures and endo.

However, I think rivens in particular need to take the opposite approach. Rivens were supposed to be end game content. Therefore they should be accessible at END GAME. 

Right now, the market is flooded with rivens in general, regardless of how often you do or dont get one. I myself do sorties every single day (i like the challenge in general) and i have accumulated about 80 rivens.

With that being said, I think rivens should be rare rewards, and accessible by higher level players. I think 1 riven a month IS fair, and should be the standard. The balance in this game was already stupid before rivens, and its off the charts now.

Of course...... this being provided with suitable end game content to warrant a legitimate desire for rivens to begin with....

I totally agree with you. Sorties and raids are the only end game content. It's not nearly enough to keep end game players occupied. I'm at the point where my objective is to take crappy weapons and make them good with rivens that I buy from others. 4 and 5 dispo weapons are my challenge lately. For example, my favorite melee lately is the Halikar since I have a riven for it that a friend gave me.

Sorties are not end-game, they are for everyone and anyone who can complete War Within, the rewards should reflect that.
Farming Kuva, trading Rivens, and making loads of platinum is probably "end-game", but what's the point of making overpowered weaponry? To do sorties? :awkward:

Leeching your way into sortie missions is another issue.

4 hours ago, Scandroid said:

sorties should take on the bounty reward system a reward roll for every mission completed

And depend on something other than annoying limitations...

And lose the bullet sponge obsession

And the spy obsession

And give us a variety of missions, of which, we can choose any 3 different types

And drop Endo from reward tables

And stop over scaling Grunts and implement real, proper mini bosses

And drop gimmicky, invulnerable bosses.

Oh...and no more Ayatans. 

Seriously, who is still running these things? And why? Its like they were created just to waste your time.

5 hours ago, Scandroid said:

sorties should take on the bounty reward system a reward roll for every mission completed

That would be nice, but only if they don't add any clutter and if they don't change the variables. Currently the bounty system is a mess, 100 kuva and 1500 credits. Just clutter disguised as "rewards".

22 hours ago, Top_Kekkonen said:

That would be nice, but only if they don't add any clutter and if they don't change the variables. Currently the bounty system is a mess, 100 kuva and 1500 credits. Just clutter disguised as "rewards".

i dont see why would they you can only do sorties once a day and not like bounties multiple time a day

What about something like in the current Operation? So completing a Sortie would grant an amount of standing, maybe with Teshin or Darvo?

Then we go to a vendor (be that Teshin or Darvo) where we can select our reward? Could that be another way to see Sortie?

Sortie could have something rewarded after each stage like Bounties, but I'm curious about what players think about this idea?

Edited by SPARTAN-187.Thanatos
adding details to keep points clear

I personally don't mind Endo, not everyone has the luxury of having played 2000+ hours. That does not mean I'm leeching in sorties, hell I mostly run them solo these days (end game content much?).

You have to look at the big picture, anyone who has finished The War Within as access to Sorties and as such is entitled to run them as much as you do.

1 hour ago, LordOfTheDread said:

I personally don't mind Endo, not everyone has the luxury of having played 2000+ hours. That does not mean I'm leeching in sorties, hell I mostly run them solo these days (end game content much?).

You have to look at the big picture, anyone who has finished The War Within as access to Sorties and as such is entitled to run them as much as you do.

yea but rivens are all MR locked so you end up with thread on here from newer member yelling about a MR locked mod they got as a rewards for a weapon thats also MR locked

one of the issues is Sculptures and Endo are the same reward, while you can also sell the sculpture to other player i believe or atleast seen people trying there is a 4000 endo reward and the sculpture which when loaded with stars is like 3,750 Endo, so effectively 2 rewards are Endo

• 2 weeks later...

I'm bumping this thread because it needs to be brought to DE's attention.

Since posting the thread I've accumulated 13 new sculptures. I'm actually at the point where I'm so burnt out from getting garbage loot that I have started to not do sorties or even play the game.

Stop making new content when the game has a lot of issues that need to be addressed. Stop ignoring bugs like "Octavia's Mallet + Resonator does NO damage on when Client" which literally make her unplayable except when hosting the game yourself. Stop saying things like "were looking at Sortie rewards and how to fix them" and then just continue to do nothing about it. You guys want to rework damage AGAIN but you won't fix blatantly skewed loot systems. Lower MR players are funneled massive amounts of good stuff while the more you play the less likely you are to get good loot. I brought a friend to Warframe a while back and his first sortie he got a legendary core, while I've been playing for over a year and have NEVER gotten a single legendary core. This same user gets about 4 rivens a week, so much so that a lot of the time he gives me rivens he gets because he feels bad about the fact he gets the best luck while I get the worst.

35 minutes ago, MrRagez said:

Since posting the thread I've accumulated 13 new sculptures. I'm actually at the point where I'm so burnt out from getting garbage loot that I have started to not do sorties or even play the game.

Stop making new content when the game has a lot of issues that need to be addressed. Stop ignoring bugs like "Octavia's Mallet + Resonator does NO damage on when Client" which literally make her unplayable except when hosting the game yourself. Stop saying things like "were looking at Sortie rewards and how to fix them" and then just continue to do nothing about it. You guys want to rework damage AGAIN but you won't fix blatantly skewed loot systems. Lower MR players are funneled massive amounts of good stuff while the more you play the less likely you are to get good loot. I brought a friend to Warframe a while back and his first sortie he got a legendary core, while I've been playing for over a year and have NEVER gotten a single legendary core. This same user gets about 4 rivens a week, so much so that a lot of the time he gives me rivens he gets because he feels bad about the fact he gets the best luck while I get the worst.

Im easily sitting on around 100 anasa sculptures, but even I think  you are being a little unreasonable.

I agree that DE should focus a little more on things that are broken, but you arent taking into consideration their standpoint from a business perspective.

54 minutes ago, Faulcun said:

Im easily sitting on around 100 anasa sculptures, but even I think  you are being a little unreasonable.

I agree that DE should focus a little more on things that are broken, but you arent taking into consideration their standpoint from a business perspective.

Oh yes of course, profit over progress.

4 hours ago, MrRagez said:

Oh yes of course, profit over progress.

not quite. Let me elaborate. As it stands now, the game is free to play, and the money used to develop this game comes from micro transactions. The entire reason we're 5 years into this game at all in any capacity is because of that structure.

When you make changes to anything in the game, especially having to do with highly desired items that facilitate the trade and purchase of large amounts of platinum, it will have an adverse affect on the financial structure which could mean millions of dollars lost from a single change.

Based on past information made public by DE, they had an operating cost of around $30 million, and at that time only profited about $7 million.  We can only assume that cost has increased as they have increased their staff as well, obviously in an attempt to provide a better product. Im sure you can understand there is a very small margin of error, which is why it takes so long to make changes like the ones you are complaining about.

So, its ok to be upset about rng, or other silly things. But while you are complaining about it, you need to offer up a good solution that isnt completely one sided revolving around your own instant gratification, and that supports the players while at the same time doesnt take a huge toll on the in game economy...... which as we've already pointed out, is what keeps this game going.

18 hours ago, MrRagez said:

The garbage loot us really pushing me away, too:

Sorties are bad mechanically. Add in the terrible drops, and...no. Bad enough to suffer - and I do mean SUFFER - thru 3 Sorties. But then you get...Endo.

If you still needed Endo, you wouldn't be running Sorties.

Or yet get a Riven...and STILL have to suffer the godawful unveiling...hoping it's actually a USEFUL Riven...

No thanks. Literally not worth wasting my time on a system this bad.

But then...other tables are diluted with crap, too. Rotation. Relics. So much useless garbage.

I'm at the point where I want to play games that WANT to reward players, not waste time while DE finds ever new ways to AVOID rewarding us.

The business model is STRANGLING the fun from this game.

12 hours ago, Faulcun said:

not quite. Let me elaborate. As it stands now, the game is free to play, and the money used to develop this game comes from micro transactions. The entire reason we're 5 years into this game at all in any capacity is because of that structure.

When you make changes to anything in the game, especially having to do with highly desired items that facilitate the trade and purchase of large amounts of platinum, it will have an adverse affect on the financial structure which could mean millions of dollars lost from a single change.

Based on past information made public by DE, they had an operating cost of around $30 million, and at that time only profited about $7 million.  We can only assume that cost has increased as they have increased their staff as well, obviously in an attempt to provide a better product. Im sure you can understand there is a very small margin of error, which is why it takes so long to make changes like the ones you are complaining about.

So, its ok to be upset about rng, or other silly things. But while you are complaining about it, you need to offer up a good solution that isnt completely one sided revolving around your own instant gratification, and that supports the players while at the same time doesnt take a huge toll on the in game economy...... which as we've already pointed out, is what keeps this game going.

No. WE don't need to offer a solution. We are players. Our role is to offer FEEDBACK. Here, in words. And elsewhere, as I do by ignoring plat discounts and keeping my wallet firmly closed.

DE needs to create solutions. That's their job.

Edited by BlackCoMerc

14 hours ago, BlackCoMerc said:

No. WE don't need to offer a solution. We are players. Our role is to offer FEEDBACK. Here, in words. And elsewhere, as I do by ignoring plat discounts and keeping my wallet firmly closed.

DE needs to create solutions. That's their job.

Thats perfectly fine. I do the exact same thing. I havent spent a dime on this game since founders packs. I choose not to do this for various reasons, im sure some of which we share, and some of which I couldnt even begin to explain due to personal experiences and particular people involved.

So i speak my opinions with my wallet, just as you.

However, my point is, a post making the equivalent of "RNG sucks for me, its not fair, and I want it NOW!" will go unnoticed or ignored vs a post with constructive ideas on how to make it better. IF its good, people will support it, DE will notice, and changes might happen.

Im simply being realistic. There are ways to get your message heard, and ways to get your message ignored.