Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Operator Void Mode Delayed When Using Controller

AugmentedJustice

Something has changed now on the Operator mode.  I'm on PC with controller, and instead of hitting LB (crouch) and A (jump) to dash, I have to tap LB, wait, then hit A.  This is annoying and awkward, so I hope it is a bug.

We also STILL have the bug where pressing RB and LB to exit transference bugs out if you don't hold RB and wait for it to finish (you get stuck in the power menu until you hold RB a bit, which screws your inputs up until you notice).  Very annoying and basically prevents using operator mode like it's integrated in the game play.  It's an awkward, buggy thing I have to use mindfully and deliberately.

2 minutes ago, TyrianMollusk said:

Something has changed now on the Operator mode.  I'm on PC with controller, and instead of hitting LB (crouch) and A (jump) to dash, I have to tap LB, wait, then hit A.  This is annoying and awkward, so I hope it is a bug.

I use a controller too (xbox 360), which are you using?

I have remapped the buttons. But, I just have to tap to crouch, then hit jump to void dash. So, I do not see the bug myself.

You do have toggle crouch on, right?

If you deactivate it, your operator will not stay in void mode unless you hold the crouch button.

1 hour ago, AugmentedJustice said:

So seems i can't go into operator mode > void mode then dash straight away anymore. this also occurs a lot worse when in the air. it just seems very DELAYED and I noticed the difference immediately today. Void mode isn't instantaneous either, there's also a small delay. is it just me?

DE made some changes about operators and frames in the air. This had a few undesired side effects.

Since they made the changes I have noticed that sometimes the operator is not quite as responsive as they should be.

Change:

• To reduce unintended Transference movement chaining, one can only use Transference once after a jump and must land before being able to use Transference again. 

Source: 

Edited by krc473

I haven't made any changes to my settings, and I'm on PC (which is why I'm in the Operator/Focus 2.0 bug forum) with a 360 controller (which shouldn't matter).  "Toggle crouch" is off (for what that matters, I still get crouch toggled sometimes--their LB code has lots of issues). Having to tap crouch and *then* hit jump IS the problem.

Before, I could quickly press crouch and jump together to dash, just like doing a bullet jump.  I wasn't forced to toggle into void mode, which not only isn't even instantaneous on the switch, but requires an actual wait after releasing LB, and only then press jump to get the dash.  This is much slower.  In fact, I've noticed the switch to void mode doesn't really work unless you are stationary when you tap crouch.  If moving, I don't toggle into void mode.

Edited by TyrianMollusk

After the most recent hotfix I have been unable to void dash unless I go invisible with my operator. Using Zenurik focus if that matters. 

For those using xbox 360 controller, I'm talking about LB+A.

Not sure what's wrong tbh but wanted to report this issue.

Edit: Just to provide more information, it was sometime around 22.1.0 - 22.1.1 when this happened.

Edited by EtherealSlasher

My friend and I have the same issue as well, we both thought we had broken our controllers before confirming with each other. You use to be able to pop out, dash and pop back in, in one fluid movement. It was very smooth and felt "right". Now you pop out and it wont dash you have to crouch/enter void mode before you can dash and it feels very clunky. I almost failed a Kuva mission because I was not able to hit the mist/kuva clouds in time. This is a big concern because  right now I don't even feel like fighting with it, its that bad I'll just play something else.

I post this same post on someone elses Void dash topic but thought i would share here also.

My friend and I have the same issue as well, we both thought we had broken our controllers before confirming with each other. You use to be able to pop out, dash and pop back in, in one fluid movement. It was very smooth and felt "right". Now you pop out and it wont dash you have to crouch/enter void mode before you can dash and it feels very clunky. I almost failed a Kuva mission because I was not able to hit the mist/kuva clouds in time. This is a big concern because  right now I don't even feel like fighting with it, its that bad I'll just play something else.

On 10/28/2017 at 12:02 PM, TyrianMollusk said:

I haven't made any changes to my settings, and I'm on PC (which is why I'm in the Operator/Focus 2.0 bug forum) with a 360 controller (which shouldn't matter).  "Toggle crouch" is off (for what that matters, I still get crouch toggled sometimes--their LB code has lots of issues). Having to tap crouch and *then* hit jump IS the problem.

Before, I could quickly press crouch and jump together to dash, just like doing a bullet jump.  I wasn't forced to toggle into void mode, which not only isn't even instantaneous on the switch, but requires an actual wait after releasing LB, and only then press jump to get the dash.  This is much slower.  In fact, I've noticed the switch to void mode doesn't really work unless you are stationary when you tap crouch.  If moving, I don't toggle into void mode.

This, word for word.
Kuva missions and Teralyst hunts are not an option right now. If I'm lucky I can at least get my focus school going at regular intervals during standard missions.
No idea what caused it, but it needs attention ASAP given the focus on the 'Operator as warrior'. I'll assume DE are working like crazy on deploying PoE for console soon, the teams really need to compare notes on this.    

Edited by Wiergate

Nearly failed a completely ordinary Kuva siphon just now.

I was hoping it would be an issue with environment clipping on the Plains, but this is right back to TWW - the time a lot of people were stuck in the final mission for days, and could only get out by pausing and remapping the controls every few seconds before there was a fix. 

Dear DE, can you find and apply that fix again? 

I posted this same post on someone elses Void dash topic but thought I would share here also.

It like the Toggle Crouch is always on for the left thump stick.. I was looking for it last night and couldn't find a toggle crouch? I only saw one for the keybindings but mine is unbound.

I click Left stick and go into void mode and cant get out.

Edited by bloodjinn903

i use a xbox one controller and while i dont have issues ive noticed for me personally i dont have to use either bumper at all in operator mode

i have to press LB + RB to enter operator mode but then the game thinks im holding the RB bumper in so as long as i dont press it again the X,Y,A,B button just use the ability while crouching puts me in and out of void mode

altho i still havent figured out how to slide in operator mode with a controller lol

Edited by Tokens210

I have also had this issue with my controller, ever since Friday's 22.1.1 Hotfix. It is incredibly annoying to deal with. Feels clunky to the point where I don't even want to bother with Dash passives anymore because I have to wait for it to crouch and its like uuuugh.

It's just really aggravating. I am using a Ps3 controller with XInput, haven't changed any controller settings from before or after the patch.

I tried setting everything to default, before posting this, but that didn't fix it.

I am using Xbox 360 controller. I see no difference in operation at all.

Tapping the buttons is sufficient, everything works perfectly. Basically, I have seen no difference in hoe the operator functions since before PoE.

I use toggle crouch though.

People with issues in this:

1. Do you have toggle crouch enabled?
  2. What type of controller are you using?

If the answers to those two questions are the same in all cases, you might have found the issue.

If you have this issue and do not use toggle crouch, perhaps try it and see what happens.

Edited by krc473

2 minutes ago, Sukigorawr said:

1. No.
2. Ps3.

If you get a chance, can you try toggle crouch and see if that fixes it?

Edit: I tried hold to crouch. Void mode becomes a complete nightmare. For me, using toggle crouch would solve the issue.

Edited by krc473
Edit text.

8 minutes ago, krc473 said:

If you get a chance, can you try toggle crouch and see if that fixes it?

Apparently it does, but then that means we will be forced to play with crouch Toggled, which messes with Frame sliding and the like, and is honestly not how I would like to play, understandably.
This wasn't toggled on for me pre-patch, so I dunno why its happening now.

I'll see if I can get a recording of the delay.
By the way, this is only for Controller. It works just as fast on Keyboard, and with Toggle Crouch on.
It's when crouch toggle is off that it starts having trouble apparently.

Edited by Sukigorawr

3 minutes ago, Sukigorawr said:

It's when crouch toggle is off that it starts having trouble apparently.

That is exactly what I experienced too. Looks like that is the culprit. 

I mean, as a temporary fix so you can do Eidolons or Kuva, I guess it is suitable (because there is literally no option other than using keyboard and mouse).

Personally, I always used toggle crouch. Because that is my preference. But hey, people should not be forced to use it to make operators usable. Hopefully DE will fix this.

As this is the only thread on the matter, it might even be worth dropping a message to DE support, just explaining the issue you have, the workaround you have. And see if they can offer any solutions. It will also bring it to their attention, making it more likely to get fixed sooner.

2 hours ago, krc473 said:

It will also bring it to their attention, making it more likely to get fixed sooner.

I thought that was what this subforum was for...? Sorry, not a dig at you, it would just be nice with some token comment from anybody at DE that this problem has been recognized and is being looked at. I'll open a support ticket, but I've seen those being actively discouraged in other cases, the message being that DE knows about that particular problem. Hence, the abovementioned token comment would be doubly helpful. 

I've tested with mouse/KB as well as rebinding crouch between toggle and hold, and just as with the TWW bug this seems to be the culprit, as you noted. As you also noted, we should not have to choose to access basic (and crucial) game functions.
Some people prefer a toggle, personally I could never play with it - my parkour would crash and burn immediately, as would the frame I'm playing. 

Seeing how Warframe is on console now, and has been for awhile. I don't see why DE has not added full controller support yet. I mean I still have to use my mouse and keyboard to do certain things like accepting a dark sector mission for example.

This crouch issue is really annoying I am hoping it will be fixed before the update for console. 

Spoiler

@bloodjinn903's video which disappeared if I changed between Rich text and some other bloody counter-intuitive format, I'm not redoing this whole thing. 

This, exactly. Previously I had no problems using Void Dash as a bullet jump, doing Operator-only Spy missions etc. With the cooldown mechanics of Focus 2.0 I was at least able to comfortably dash to places like the Simulacrum's control area. Now I jump in place like Space Brat has a ferret in his pants and is panicking. 

Since I have crouch (hold) on LB I can force my reticule downward and achieve something like a dash half the time but it's inconsistent and it's a fraction of what we should be able to do. 
I sent in a support ticket, but the design of the support page eludes me - I had to choose between a set of categories, none of which fit the problem. Hopefully it'll get where it needs to go but frankly DE really need/have to be aware of this already, especially with PoE slated for console release this month. 

Edited by Wiergate
Formatting clarity (lack of)