Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is it allowed to give Plat to people for helping you level up?

Trilinear

Question

Hi. ive recently started playing in warframe and dont know about the ToS. i know that you are not allowed to buy plat for irl money,but am curious if you could give someone platinum if they helped you level up.  like,for example,you contact a player to help you level up your items,so you can forma your frames and such,but for every max rank frame or item,you have to give him 10plat. so if i max out 20frames,i have to give him 200plat. is this legal in warframe or against the ToS / EULA?

21 answers to this question

This is both a terrible idea, and a TERRIBLE idea.

Do not do this. Do not pay someone for 'power leveling' you. Do not offer to pay someone to do this. Definitely do not offer this to others as a 'service'. Leveling in warframe happens in the blink of an eye, and paying others for playing the game is in no way needed or healthy.

Edited by pauli133

It's not against the rules per say, but DE also doesn't advocate it because they don't enforce any exchanges that can't be done completely through in-game trading. It involves actual trust, and let's face it: having to trust strangers sucks.

MagPrime makes a good point. There are plenty of folks who will help you level your stuff for free. Save your plat for other stuff.

If you want to give people Plat of your own accord and free will, I don't see why not; it's your plat after all.

If people are charging you for favors and the such, like the helping to level up that you mention, that is illegal and not supported by DE.

Seeing as how your exact words are "have to [give him plat]", I'd assume this particular situation falls within the latter.

EDIT: Let me also take the opportunity to mention just how ridiculous this guy is, not just charging people plat but also charging such an exorbitant amount, for something that's freely and plentifully available everywhere in the game. Pathetic.

Edited by Mcl_Blue

Why on earth would you pay someone to level up? Just go to one of the main exp farm missions and you're good to go. Just make sure you bring at least 1 decent weapon so that you can contribute to the mission. Levelling stuff to 30 is really fast. The defense mission on Sedna is very popular.

Edited by Shifty_Shuffler

Well,its because Im new to the game and dont have time to grind and farm. that should answer most of your questions. instead of giving him plat,is it legal to just gift him presents via the shop? also,no one will help u level up for free.

Edited by Eyul

2 minutes ago, Eyul said:

Well,its because Im new to the game and dont have time to grind and farm. that should answer most of your questions. instead of giving him plat,is it legal to just gift him presents via the shop? also,no one will help u level up for free.

Literally everyone will help you level up for free. Like, seriously.

And if you don't have time to play the game, how's the guy going to help you? Is he going to level you up FOR you? Like, log into your account and do the work in your stead? Cause that is VERY illegal.

give plat is not against the rule, if you give some of your plat ( i'm too greedy for it) like a thanks for helping you, go for it.

on warframe powerleveling is quite unreal, people level 1 can go on hydron  already, so even for free you can do it if you have it unlock and want to help a friend, plus level up on warframe is pretty irrilevant, you do it just for put some mod on the weapon, your level is not gonna reach 30 anyway because is based on how much weapon you max no how much exp the enedy give ya.

this is why i don't think people care in general, but if you have to play plat for have  an hand is wrong, like some "clan" who sell the key for they plat, with all the weapon already search it, like a black market on warframe, and after the hema is start to became quite a pain.

4 minutes ago, Eyul said:

You don't seem to be very familiar with the nature, culture, and community of Warframe. It's not a race-to-the-top MMO or competitive game. It's filled with systems that take time to learn, and simply ranking up your gear faster won't help you. Warframe players are very friendly and helpful, with people routinely assisting strangers with arduous tasks, or banding together for events and farming. The player driven economy is based around goods, not services.

If you have limited play time, then it would behoove you to find a good clan that will help you learn quickly and get the most out of the time you have.

3 minutes ago, Eyul said:

no. he helps me get people in a hydron lobby and he is the dps. basically every 10minutes i max out something on hydron.

There are tons of people in the game doing that exact thing for free. Either they need it themselves and could use the help, or they're just helping others out of the goodness of their heart. Either way, don't ever trust people that ask for compensation for this kind of stuff, that's a scam.

12 minutes ago, Eyul said:

Dozens of people help level for free. 

7 minutes ago, Eyul said:

Well,its because Im new to the game and dont have time to grind and farm. that should answer most of your questions. instead of giving him plat,is it legal to just gift him presents via the shop?

If you don't have time to grind and farm, then why you want to play a game based on grinding and farming?

9 minutes ago, Eyul said:

also,no one will help u level up for free.

I thought you're new. Because you clearly don't know the Warframe community. You will always find people leveling items and you can just join them and play. This is not a MMORPG where someone controls an enemy spawn and you need to ask for permission or pay the guy to use the area.

The major part of the community would help you for free, i personaly would be offended by such a scheme and reject this if i was offered plat for helping to lvl up, and help for free anyways.

If you have problems finding ppl to help you in the recruiting chat aim for finding a clan

50 minutes ago, Eyul said:

Hi. ive recently started playing in warframe and dont know about the ToS. i know that you are not allowed to buy plat for irl money,but am curious if you could give someone platinum if they helped you level up.  like,for example,you contact a player to help you level up your items,so you can forma your frames and such,but for every max rank frame or item,you have to give him 10plat. so if i max out 20frames,i have to give him 200plat. is this legal in warframe or against the ToS / EULA?

1. What you cant do with your plat

-> sell it for cash = big no no

2. What you can do with plat

-> exchange for goods

-> give to your friends

-> exchange for services = power lvlign etc is totally unheard of. Most of the people in game quite friendly

to be honest you dont need to pay people. Just join a clan or just write in recruiting forum u want to leech.

52 minutes ago, Eyul said:

It's not against the Terms of Service, but not a good idea to do. You would be much better off just buying an Affinity Booster instead.  That would help you much more than anyone saying they can power level you.

I say this because leveling/ranking up frames and gear in Warframe is much different than in other MMO type games.  

Best of luck to you tenno.  Also if you really need help with such things, just look me up in game and I'll help you for free.  

1 hour ago, Eyul said:

Just don't give them anything. You can simple click on Hydron and get grouped with a team and you will level stuff free of charge. If you just want to AFK while your stuff levels up, then yeah you may come into problems as most people hate that and DE does not like it either. Maybe worry less about maxing everything out and actually enjoy the game. It's not a race, it's a marathon ;)

Also, the biggest grind is trying to get certain mods and frame parts, not levelling stuff to 30, so if the time to grind is an issue then your plat would be better spent on the hard to get mods.

Edited by Shifty_Shuffler

leveling is stupidly easy. There is no point in paying anyone to spend 5 min to do it in hydron. The grind is for rare parts and mods. There is no point in paying someone else to grind. Just outright buying them from someone. If you're talking about grinding for focus points, then you may have a point...