Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

MR Test 19 doesn't make sense?

Grave.Knight

This is a scenario that will never come up in the game. 0 cover, melee only, no abilities, cannot be spotted, stealth. On top of a nonsensical scenario enemies are buggy and will break their own pattern when you're near by, can sometimes see through the floor, and can detect the glaive if it passes infront of them (which they don't do in the normal game). And all the suggests I've heard for beat it involve cheesing it with the Rakta Dark Dagger, a Glaive, or a Gunblade. If requires you to use a special weapon then the test is flawed.

I have to wonder if any of the developers have even tried to do the test themselves without using a special weapon.

FB7om8F.jpg

There's me beating it with a polearm. Cheese be damned. It just requires a little bit of patience, nothing more.

If it's any help, the one that's in the far left when you start, up high, can be hit through the floor. Bullet jumping and whacking it allowed me to hit it without drawing attention.

Every test is designed to be able to be completed with an unmodded Excalibur, MK1-Braton, Lato, and Skana.  There are generally videos on Youtube of each test being done with exactly that, if you want to check for reference.  So, yes, the developers have beaten it without any special weapons. 

When the enemies break their normal movement pattern, it's generally because they've heard or seen you.  At that point, you've already made a mistake. 

Either way, you can still cheese it with a Glaive, Banshee + gunblade, or even just Gara's passive that randomly blinds nearby enemies. 

Also, there's plenty of cover, if you know where to look. 

I had a hard time with this test too and I cheesed it with a Glaive. Orvius or Halikar are better for channel since they have a homing function, and zenistar is a good weapon too since it can be like a trap you set for them to walk into.

You don't need to cheese it though. I did it with a jat kittag just to stick it to the devs that they tried to make something hard. It just requires patience and an opportunistic mentality both of which I didn't have at all lol so like me, you must develop that.

I had serious trouble with this one too, unfortunately complaining about it won't get it fixed and won't help you rank up faster; I don't think DE has changed any of the MR tests in a long time.

I resorted to using Reach mod and Orthos Prime since it can go through walls, pillars, and floors, make sure you use channeling to dissolve the bodies. Also, make sure you equip Enemy Sense and other enemy detection mods, since that will show you which way they are facing while you are hiding behind cover. I found the best path is to go left up the ramp and get some height on the enemies on the right side of the map (don't rescue the prisoner until all enemies are dead). Learn the enemies' patterns too, wait at start and just watch them for awhile: this rank tests patience almost as much as your ability to cheese, good luck!

Wait...

A Mastery Test that doesn't reflect actual game play?

Well, at least this is the only one like that.

/Sarcasm.

On a serious note...again, what does forced test taking actually ADD to a game? Seriously, can we just give bonus Affinity to those who want to test, and let the rest of us ignore these godawful things already?