Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Abrupt ending of Plague Star Event, no crater just same ground.

Cosmic_Elf

5 hours ago, TonyWong said:

There is a bit of a dent where the boil was. It would've been nice to leave a "dead" boil where it is for a few weeks. That would've just been a recolor of the boil and removal of the toxin field.

Seems there is something left like a crater... and the toxin field is still active.

7nO9v4w.jpg

I thought I had seen a crater after the operation ended, but I also ran through the area and got killed without seeing anything crater-like or even realizing that was the spot. I think it's not loading properly some or even most of the time.

51 minutes ago, VirtualViolet said:

I thought I had seen a crater after the operation ended, but I also ran through the area and got killed without seeing anything crater-like or even realizing that was the spot. I think it's not loading properly some or even most of the time.

You're probably right that the crater probably disappears when you get closer. The area didn't feel like a bowl, tbh.

vor 13 Stunden schrieb DeMonkey:

You have no idea what the air resistance of the object is, what it's weight is, what the initial speed upon entering the atmosphere was etc. 

And yes, of course air would have time to slow something down. The moment an object enters the denser atmospheres it's slowing down, that's how friction works.

Result = Inconclusive

It was somewhat sphere shaped obviously. Considering its mass: lets assume diameter was about 150 to 200m (considering we take distances out of a game...). V = 4/3 π r³ (volume of a sphere) => 4/3 x π x 150m³ ~ 14.137.167m³

Considering the fragments let's say 14.000.000m³

Taking a low average density of humus (nature, not food) of 1.4 t per m³ we would end up with 19.600.000t. So the meteroid had a weight of roughly 20 Mt.

Yes I can't know the exact initial speed upon entering the atmosphere. Meteors from our solar system can reach up to 42 km/s. So relativly to earth (travel speed of 30 km/s) it can reach 72 km/s. Lowest speed of meteors is about 11 km/s.

So let's take our previous formula for cinetic energy E = 1/2 mv² for the energy of the impact. Of course we have to lower the speed because the atmosphere is slowing it down. Let's assume the atmosphere was able to slow the meteroid down to 7 km/s we would end up with the following:

E = 1/2 x 20.000.000t x (7.000 m/s)²

E= 490.000.000.000.000 J =490.000 GJ

That equals about the energy of 117 Kt explosives (the nuke thrown on hiroshima had about 13 Kt explosive energy)

You probably know how the city looked like after the explosion.

And that's the impact energy with very low numbers.

So THERE HAS TO BE A CRATER!

Anyway enough math, it's still only a game and Warframe is kwon for its space magic physics.

Edited by Automatix0042

48 minutes ago, Automatix0042 said:

It was somewhat sphere shaped obviously. Considering its mass: lets assume diameter was about 150 to 200m (considering we take distances out of a game...). V = 4/3 π r³ (volume of a sphere) => 4/3 x π x 150m³ ~ 14.137.167m³

Considering the fragments let's say 14.000.000m³

Taking a low average density of humus (nature, not food) of 1.4 t per m³ we would end up with 19.600.000t. So the meteroid had a weight of roughly 20 Mt.

Yes I can't know the exact initial speed upon entering the atmosphere. Meteors from our solar system can reach up to 42 km/s. So relativly to earth (travel speed of 30 km/s) it can reach 72 km/s. Lowest speed of meteors is about 11 km/s.

So let's take our previous formula for cinetic energy E = 1/2 mv² for the energy of the impact. Of course we have to lower the speed because the atmosphere is slowing it down. Let's assume the atmosphere was able to slow the meteroid down to 7 km/s we would end up with the following:

E = 1/2 x 20.000.000t x (7.000 m/s)²

E= 490.000.000.000.000 J =490.000 GJ

That equals about the energy of 117 Kt explosives (the nuke thrown on hiroshima had about 13 Kt explosive energy)

You probably know how the city looked like after the explosion.

And that's the impact energy with very low numbers.

So THERE HAS TO BE A CRATER!

Anyway enough math, it's still only a game and Warframe is kwon for its space magic physics.

original.gif

About all the ppl saying that sqishy stuff doesn't do much damage: when dropping from outside the atmosphere, squishiness is unimportant. what we know:

the boil had a smooth surface --> almost no air resistance

it was glowing when entering the atmosphere --> it already flew fast enough to heat up the compressed air in front of it

it was able to keep together even though it went very fast through a gas filled volume: infested flesh is way more dense than human flesh (if a human moved with that velocity only a red mist would remain even before hitting the ground)

energy is mass divided by 2 multiplied by velocity squared.

lets say the boil had a medium radius of 20 metres.

that means a mass of (20m*2)^3  *  1 g*cm^-3 * approx 900 m/s squared (3 times speed of sound, normal for those reentries)

that means 5.8 times ten ^ 13 joules. all that energy has to go somewhere.

should have left something.