Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Abrupt ending of Plague Star Event, no crater just same ground.

Cosmic_Elf

Well as we all know the event is over, the boil and infested are gone, as expected.

So i took a strole solo free roam into the plains to see what was left of the boil, and was disappointed there was just grass and shrubs again, but you die when you walk through exmaning it I was expecting a crater, hole in the ground or even a new cave system to explore, with remains of the boil with some lore giving clues to where the boil came from. But no it is just the ground like it was before , before when the meteor impacted it.Even  having a crater would have added realism to the aftermath of the event...than just replacing the boil with with what the ground in the area looked like before the impact., even if you did not think of new possible caves , a crater with a fishing pond in the middle would have been enough... to conclude the event is over, in the geography of the plains. But still was hoping there would be caves to explore where the infested once burrowed in before coming out of the boil, as there was also little sub-boils around the plains which I assumed branched to the main boil underground.

This my views which would have 

I see I wasn't the only one who was disappointed by the lack of a crater. When it was over I wanted to bullet jump from one side of it to the other if I could. A physical reminder of the fact that Cetus was almost consumed by the infested. Giving the ancient weapon a toehold on earth... instead...

<reset> 

Nope, never happened. 

giphy.gif

Well, while i am disappointed with the lack of crater too, i think DE is quite busy already with all the unstability and peformance problems of the Plains itself. Those require more attention than realism right now, at least for me. And i'm not even experiencing any of those problems, it's just pretty sad some people can't enjoy Plains of Eidolon as much.

I was also disappointed with the total lack of any kind of evidence to anything here. A crater should have been a given, but more so than that we should have seen a poisoned and dead area around it as well. That's keeping in mind that we apparently injected the boil with a toxin powerful enough to kill off the super adaptive infestation and a mass large enough to almost encompass Cetus itself.

54 minutes ago, Fallen_Echo said:

Well honestly im not even suprised, the even boss was a recolored lephantis.

At some times i wonder how much time they actually spent designing this because the whole event looked like it was done as a last minute assigment.

Of course it was. We all saw the way the ''Boss'' exited the boil... It clipped it's way through. No animation, nothing. It just walks through it as if the boil isn't there. Operation Lazy Star.

Out of curiosity how much of a crater are you guys expecting there to be? The boil looked pretty squidgy, squidgy things don't tend to be all that impactful when dropped.

Dead grass, a bit of left over ooze... that sorta stuff I would certainly expect to see, but a big ol crater? Ehhh, not so much.

Edited by DeMonkey

Il y a 1 heure, DeMonkey a dit :

Of course it was. We all saw the way the ''Boss'' exited the boil... It clipped it's way through. No animation, nothing. It just walks through it as if the boil isn't there. Operation Lazy Star.

Out of curiosity how much of a crater are you guys expecting there to be? The boil looked pretty squidgy, squidgy things don't tend to be all that impactful when dropped.

Dead grass, a bit of left over ooze... that sorta stuff I would certainly expect to see, but a big ol crater? Ehhh, not so much.

yep this whole thing was lazy as hell, seems like just a distraction from all the PoE problems, also on the crater it was pretty aparent that the boil grew into the grown creating a crater not by impact but by burrowing, this is what led some people to believe, myself included, that the boil was actually setting roots into the ground and by dying it would leave a cave system where infested could be fought inside PoE.

1 hour ago, DeMonkey said:

Well it created a small 2-3 meter deep hole that could have been left there filled of with some poisonous sludge and small remants of the infestation.

That along with dead grass and such would be good, but you are right the way the boss appears proves how lazy the design was.

The more i think of it the more curious i am on how much time they even spent on creating poe? The area sure looks good (feels like plains from the fallout series) but its dead empty, more than half of the cetus people dont do anything and if they do it looks terrible (theres a butcher slicing the air) like its one of those chinese mmo copies. The same is true for the plains too, i cant shake off the feeling that it looks good but minecraft can easily generate better looking surfaces with more colors and style.

7 hours ago, Lisztomaniac said:

yep this whole thing was lazy as hell, seems like just a distraction from all the PoE problems, also on the crater it was pretty aparent that the boil grew into the grown creating a crater not by impact but by burrowing, this is what led some people to believe, myself included, that the boil was actually setting roots into the ground and by dying it would leave a cave system where infested could be fought inside PoE.

One of the laziest, least inspired, least entertaining events I have ever seen in an online game. Ever.

18 hours ago, DeMonkey said:

Even something soft and squishy will do a huge amount of damage if it has enough speed.  Take water as an example it is extremely squishy, yet can do huge amounts of damage at speed.  Look at how much damage larger tidal waves (that are mostly just water) do by impact alone, or even sufficiently fast winds.

For the size of the boil, the entire plains should of been obliterated because of the impact, but ignoring that to not even see a dent from the impact is highly unlikely, let alone what the infestation itself would do to the terrain.

Edited by Loswaith

11 minutes ago, Loswaith said:

Even something soft and squishy will do a huge amount of damage if it has enough speed.  Take water as an example it is extremely squishy, yet can do huge amounts of damage at speed.  Look at how much damage larger tidal waves (that are mostly just water) do by impact alone, or even sufficiently fast winds.

For the size of the boil, the entire plains should of been obliterated because of the impact, but ignoring that to not even see a dent from the impact is highly unlikely, let alone what the infestation itself would do to the terrain.

O.o

Water isn't squishy though. Water isn't even remotely squishy. It's fluid yes, but water is very very hard.

Take a giant teddy bear as an example, teddy bears are squishy. If one were to survive ablation and reach the denser atmosphere it would slow down drastically. It's terminal velocity would be such that it likely wouldn't even make a dent. 

So no, dropping a big squidgy boil from space would quite likely not wipe out a 2.5km x 2.5km area.

well get over it guys,its all about them makin money...sad ending to nothin..typical warframe,,i kinda expected a prize..guess what nuttin..now my game 3outa5 freezes black frame an die unexpectedly ...that warframe..fix other guys shet give ta someone else

30 minutes ago, Loswaith said:

Yet infestation are large clumps of fluid and flesh, they are not a stuffed teddy bear with little density for their size.  

Eh, throw yourself from outta space, we'll measure the dent you make in the rocks. From afar of course, if a large boil is supposedly going to wipe out an entire biome then a person must be able to wipe out a small park.

Honestly, force from falling is low. In fact, there is no force. A body at terminal velocity is not accelerating, no acceleration = no net force. It's all just momentum.

And if you want to get super technical, the size and squidgyness of the boil would have resulted in a far lower terminal velocity due to air resistance. It would not wipe out the entire plains.

I said in my first post that I could see there being a dent, but a big crater? No.

30 minutes ago, Loswaith said:

I like how you're linking me the definition of squidgy as if I don't know when you were originally claiming water was squidgy. xD

Edited by DeMonkey

There is a bit of a dent where the boil was. It would've been nice to leave a "dead" boil where it is for a few weeks. That would've just been a recolor of the boil and removal of the toxin field.

Seems there is something left like a crater... and the toxin field is still active.

7nO9v4w.jpg

Edited by TonyWong

vor 1 Stunde schrieb DeMonkey:

Eh, throw yourself from outta space, we'll measure the dent you make in the rocks. From afar of course, if a large boil is supposedly going to wipe out an entire biome then a person must be able to wipe out a small park.

Honestly, force from falling is low. In fact, there is no force. A body at terminal velocity is not accelerating, no acceleration = no net force. It's all just momentum.

vor 1 Stunde schrieb DeMonkey:

I said in my first post that I could see there being a dent, but a big crater? No.

If the meteoroid started with no velocity and would just fall towards earth the crater would be small (still quite big - max velocity is about 250km/h with air resistance in a free fall but  considering its size, the mass still comes into play - E=1/2 mv²). But the meteoroid had a decent speed before entering atmosphere - so the air hasen't enought time to slow it down. Result: Big crater!

41 minutes ago, Automatix0042 said:

If the meteoroid started with no velocity and would just fall towards earth the crater would be small (still quite big - max velocity is about 250km/h with air resistance in a free fall but  considering its size, the mass still comes into play - E=1/2 mv²). But the meteoroid had a decent speed before entering atmosphere - so the air hasen't enought time to slow it down. Result: Big crater!

You have no idea what the air resistance of the object is, what it's weight is, what the initial speed upon entering the atmosphere was etc. 

And yes, of course air would have time to slow something down. The moment an object enters the denser atmospheres it's slowing down, that's how friction works.

Result = Inconclusive

21 hours ago, DeMonkey said:

That's all we have to go on, a dent, that's what we see on the plains and I've provided a plausible explanation as to why. The end, story over, nothing's changing, time for bed.

Edited by DeMonkey

To those that say that the meteor shouldn't make a dent, The infested are squishy, yes. But, the meteorite is a vile masss of Fossilized tissue and organic substances.(We know that it is hard enough to make a dent because it did not burn up in the earths atmosphere. it means it could resist heat and had a hard exoskeleton)

And if it didn't make a dent, it shouldn't have survived the initial crash.  I mean come on, its not like it just floated down and rested on the plains. Afaik, it was an oblong shape and more than 50% of it was underground. SO? it means when it was popped, there has to be some sort of dent.

As for the person who said the plains could be wiped out

Lmao wut?

Its impossible for a boil, yes a boil of that size to destroy even 500m2

Any have fun sexy lads

and yes im dissapointed that is just went poof

sigh

2 minutes ago, CalcualtedMurderMachine said:

To those that say that the meteor shouldn't make a dent, The infested are squishy, yes. But, the meteorite is a vile masss of Fossilized tissue and organic substances.(We know that it is hard enough to make a dent because it did not burn up in the earths atmosphere. it means it could resist heat and had a hard exoskeleton)

And if it didn't make a dent, it shouldn't have survived the initial crash.  I mean come on, its not like it just floated down and rested on the plains. Afaik, it was an oblong shape and more than 50% of it was underground. SO? it means when it was popped, there has to be some sort of dent.

Fairly certain that's not how meteors work, it did burn up in Earths atmosphere, that's why you could see fragments of it in the form of a meteor shower. This boil didn't necessarily crash because it's heat resistant but because it's all that remained of the original meteoroid after ablation.

As for the 50% of it being underground, none of us saw it crash, it's shape beforehand is very likely to have deformed completely on impact. Unless I'm misremembering a line from Lotus or Konzu there's no guarantee that any of it was underground.

Also, further proof that the boil isn't heat resistant ;)

g8AJNAC.png 

:thumbup::nerd: 

2 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

Fairly certain that's not how meteors work, it did burn up in Earths atmosphere, that's why you could see fragments of it in the form of a meteor shower. This boil didn't necessarily crash because it's heat resistant but because it's all that remained of the original meteoroid after ablation.

As for the 50% of it being underground, none of us saw it crash, it's shape beforehand is very likely to have deformed completely on impact. Unless I'm misremembering a line from Lotus or Konzu there's no guarantee that any of it was underground.

Also, further proof that the boil isn't heat resistant ;)

Reveal hidden contents

g8AJNAC.png 

:thumbup::nerd: 

They were fragments... of the big one

The big one did burn, DUH but not fully.

As for the giant blob, you might be correct about it deforming, I still feel it would have just dented cause, the soils are sentient infested(You can see the blue wavy lines) which might be because the soil is porous and allows the sentient juice to seep through. In that case, the soil must have given away

and not the boil

BUT EH WHO CARES THAT LAME A@@ EVENT IS OVER

1 minute ago, CalcualtedMurderMachine said:

They were fragments... of the big one

The big one did burn, DUH but not fully.

But you said it didn't burn. ''We know that it is hard enough to make a dent because it did not burn up in the earths atmosphere''

Something something resisted heat something hard exoskeleton. Don't go changing your story now. :clem:

2 minutes ago, CalcualtedMurderMachine said:

As for the giant blob, you might be correct about it deforming, I still feel it would have just dented cause, the soils are sentient infested(You can see the blue wavy lines) which might be because the soil is porous and allows the sentient juice to seep through. In that case, the soil must have given away

It did dent though. See the above image posted, there is a clear indentation.