Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can we give the Exalted Skill System an Upgrade?

Cubewano

So ever since the development of Exalted weapons we have been faced with a new complication when it comes to frame building, we went from modding just a single blanket area of a frame to being able to mod two areas, the first being the blanket modding of your warframe, and then a second layer reliant on weapons to then further customize your ultimate. In ways this new mechanic was very exciting as it allowed a level of ability customization we hadn't quite had before, now we don't just build strength, range, duration, and efficiency, but we can also mod the elemental attributes and way it outputs damage, but it also came at something of a cost, which was to say our weapon and build choices for exalted slotted categories got trimmed because now that category had to appeal to more than just itself. This is an issue that has only grown more apparent since the addition of more weapon class specific mods and rivens, which have no effect on these exalted abilities and thus become non-options for builds, and this category is only bound to grow. So now I ask why not step this system up, the introduction of mod scaling for abilities was an amazing addition, but it came at a cost, one that I'm not quite sure we need. How about instead of making our existing weapon categories carry the weight to the exalted mod customization system, we give exalted weapons their own modding category? That way both systems can still share their merits, without the limitations it currently has on weapon/build choices for those other categories? 

creating an entire Category of new exclusive Mods for just Exalted Weapons (especially since they cross many Weapon Types and therefore couldn't share all Mods) is quite a lot of dead end work to ask for.

unless you can make creating that have a reasonable ROI (Return on Investment) - basically to affect more Players than just those playing on Warframes that have Exalted Weapons - i think you're just going to have to deal with 1-3 Mod Slots on some of your Weapons having to make a specialization choice whether to focus more on your Exalted Weapon or the Weapon performing on its own.

no, making Exalted Weapons Mod separately from your Equipped Weapons but still using the same Mods wouldn't get you anywhere because that would just be a direct buff to Exalted Weapons which are already 'top 3' type of material in their categories. none of them need to deal more Damage than they already do, they're very competitive.

What's the point tho?

Combo is beein reset when you toggle in or out of a ultimate, meaning that you suffer from quite the loss regardless. 

That idea sure has a nice touch to it, especially for those frames that do not need elements as much (wukong, valk) but it would need a global combo counter to become really usefull.

18 hours ago, (PS4)CoolD2108 said:

What's the point tho?

Combo is beein reset when you toggle in or out of a ultimate, meaning that you suffer from quite the loss regardless. 

That idea sure has a nice touch to it, especially for those frames that do not need elements as much (wukong, valk) but it would need a global combo counter to become really usefull.

The point would be to have the exalted ability modded one way and the melee weapon modded another, because what works well on the exalted ability may not work so well on the melee weapon used.

Also, sometimes due to eximus and situations, energy runs out so we suddenly need to rely on the melee weapon which may have been modded in a way that is more suitable for the exalted ability.

Having 2 weapons modded differently will also allow us to cover more ground and use the more suitable weapon when the time calls for it.

While this is something I can get behind, I'd rather they took a slightly different approach. Personally, I'd prefer just letting Exalted Weapons use every melee mod (likely excluding Rivens, but not necessarily), but then retuning their energy costs so that they don't really have 100% uptime anymore.

Then when you break them out, it's the wrath of all things unholy, but only for a limited time, and thus you should use them only when you really, really need to.

Of course, the OP is my second choice, and I realize that my views on the energy economy are... Unpopular. 

Edited by Gurpgork

vor 4 Stunden schrieb OoKeNnEtHoO:

The point would be to have the exalted ability modded one way and the melee weapon modded another, because what works well on the exalted ability may not work so well on the melee weapon used.

Also, sometimes due to eximus and situations, energy runs out so we suddenly need to rely on the melee weapon which may have been modded in a way that is more suitable for the exalted ability.

Having 2 weapons modded differently will also allow us to cover more ground and use the more suitable weapon when the time calls for it.

I'm quite aware, thing is that 2 outa 3 frames loose combo on switching to your melee and one doesn't generate or use it that much at all, what makes the whole duality thing (OP riven combinatins aside that are to be prefered over abilitys) kinda pointless

Your everyday combo build needs long build up to even come close to what stances are able to do with the multipliers alone, what makes simplistic builds, burst damage builds you use for the stance anyways, overall better for those situatuons.

So what's the point? One might as well play as is or use guns.

You'd need a combo overhaul first to get any effect outa this change. One that keeps the combo counter going on switch to not get thrown into the cold water every time you run outa energy or choose to deactivate it for a different melee strategy.