The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Those bounty leeches

Pauluce

I absolutely agree we could use a Vote to kick function, i am tried of people afk'ing in my groups as well. and don't tell me to just solo because that is getting so old, you play in a game with ton of people both the good and the bad i agree but when you have those afk players or players that just don't wanna do a dame thing they deserve the kick.

report him. hope u have screenshots with a timestamp where he also says he will not join ur or help the squad to do the mission. send everything with text and uplaod the screenshots. thats what i do.

player dont wanna join and help the mission and is leeching. just report them. 

I hope this wasn't me, but it very well could have been, as I did pull a newb and entered to go fishing and was unaware (at the time) there there even was an option to enter solo :(

I actually thought it was more of an open environment type deal, and that every one was in competition for resources a la WoW.

If this was me I apologize and if it makes you feel any better I'm pretty I also just exited the mission buy hitting esc.  >.>

14 hours ago, Pauluce said:

Just an example of an MR19 that spent the whole bounty fishing and mining.. :

https://imgur.com/a/nA3wJ

I mean DE, do something about that.. Like if the player is not in the area when the mission is done in a bounty don't give them the rep and the standing or let people vote-kick someone. This is getting really annoying.

Were you in a random PUBLIC game? If you were than you have no right to come here and complain about someone not participating in what you wanted them too! 

It is also my understanding from other conversations of the same nature that if a person is not within range of the bounty mission they do not get the credit/rep/standing from it as others have stated.

10 minutes ago, DogManDan said:

Were you in a random PUBLIC game? If you were than you have no right to come here and complain about someone not participating in what you wanted them too! 

It is also my understanding from other conversations of the same nature that if a person is not within range of the bounty mission they do not get the credit/rep/standing from it as others have stated.

I'm wish you can't get forced into a bounty if you didn't talk to konzu.

From a few (undocumented) reports, it is possible for someone to join your game and force you into a bounty even if you didn't queue for it. That's a fault of matchmaking, not the player.

Unless that's been fixed and any leech you encounter now is 100% queued for the bounty and ignoring it?

I'm ambivalent about leeching, while i'm happy to play the game and contribute to matches. I routinely slip away to fish or mine when a limbo, ember or mesa joins in the game half way through.

I honestly don't see any benefit to even trying in those circumstances, since those frames by design prevent other players from actively participating in a game where their more exploitative abilities are employed.

I'm all for a votekick option, or better yet, a function that allows a host to kick other players which might not require a group vote. Though i'd likely use it to kick off leechers as much as I would to keep the aforementioned player from ruining my game experience.

3 hours ago, Fallen_Echo said:

Where in the TOS or CoC it says that once you pick up a bounty you are obligated to do it in that instant as fast as you get throught the gate and you get in a team?

You didn't know that taking advantage of players knowingly is against the TOS?

Iam realy against this Vote Kick

this function can be abused by this community

Realy? are you sure that it would be abused more then leechers are doing right now are you sure? My goodness you can see the feature and it is quite bleak isn't it.

Come on any system can be abused just like leechers are doing atm just by going into a bounty knowingly not talking partaking or helping in any shape way or form. 

As I mentioned many times in similar posts. What would stop players voting to kick others that they simply do not like? If I bring banshee and you wanted a trinity, does that mean that it is fine to kick me because you dont like my choice? if I dont spam 4, and you wanted me to spam 4, is it ok to vote to kick me? And a long list of etcs.

Sure it would be a bandaid solution to some instances of leeching, but it would bring another set of problems.

1 minute ago, (Xbox One)Cubic Clem said:

It's really sad to see how toxic the community became since the launch of the Plains.. I'm against vote kick too because it WILL be abused by almost everyone, just like the 'leave squad' hosts that constantly pound every other group member. You WILL be kicked as soon as you're not the typical 'youtube' inspired player with the 'youtube' specific BFG's.. so no thanks.. 

The only thing necessary is an IN-GAME (yes, from DE not steam/Xbox/whatever) report section for unsporting behavior, with serious consequences IF you get a ton of reports.. 

I dont know about the serious consequences, but make it so matchmaking will make them play with others that also got in the same situation should help. If they like that play style, may as well let them enjoy it with others that do as well.

Votekick would get abused to all holy hell.  Look at PAYDAY 2 for an example, where I can be given the boot simply because the host doesn't like the fact I play as John Wick.

Now replace 'PAYDAY 2' with 'Warframe', and 'John Wick' with 'Not Mesa, Ember, Frost, Limbo, Trinity, Nova, Excalibur, or Gara' and there we are.

1 hour ago, vylexes said:

You didn't know that taking advantage of players knowingly is against the TOS?

Thats so vague it cant be used up here. Picking up a bounty forces no one to actually do it and im not exactly sure but trying to force people to do as you want arent against one of the rules too?

1 hour ago, vylexes said:

Realy? are you sure that it would be abused more then leechers are doing right now are you sure? My goodness you can see the feature and it is quite bleak isn't it.

Come on any system can be abused just like leechers are doing atm just by going into a bounty knowingly not talking partaking or helping in any shape way or form. 

Did you forget to quote/tag people here? This paragraph doesnt really make sense.

What's the point of an open world if you're not free to do what you want in said open world ?

Join private groups with friends if you want everyone to do the bounties and hate people doing something else... But if you do random matchmaking, don't get pissed if one or two people wander off every now and then to farm rocks or fish a couple fishes.

You don't need 4 players to complete these bounties anyways... And it's actually a smart tactic to pair up with friends with different goals to get things done faster. 

Like , often, when I mine or fish, I usually join a friend that does bounties so it's two birds one stone, and vice versa when he has to fish or mine. We also did bounty / eidolon groups a couple of time where two people do the bounties while the other two weaken and hopefully capture the eidolon... That's smart matchmaking and strategic time investment imho. 

Having four people facepalming a LVL 1 bounty serves no purpose, especially when all rewards asides from Gara parts are useless. I'm 100 percent ok with all three other players mining and fishing these missions. Why waste four people's time when a single person can do the task and the others are free to do something else.

In the end, at this point we all did these bounties a gazillion times solo , so I'm absolutely fine with people that want the rep but prefer to farm something else.

Edited by (PS4)Stealth_Cobra

2 hours ago, Fallen_Echo said:

Thats so vague it cant be used up here. Picking up a bounty forces no one to actually do it and im not exactly sure but trying to force people to do as you want arent against one of the rules too?

Did you forget to quote/tag people here? This paragraph doesnt really make sense.

Yeah Fallen_Echo 

I know :facepalm:

But this is the original content

What if i met you in -game with 2 of my other friends that i know .. telling them to kick you out .. the reason .. no body knows just because ...

you see this is an problem bigger than leechers

------ And this where made by me early today ------

2 hours ago, (PS4)Stealth_Cobra said:

What's the point of an open world if you're not free to do what you want in said open world ?

Join private groups with friends if you want everyone to do the bounties and hate people doing something else... But if you do random matchmaking, don't get pissed if one or two people wander off every now and then to farm rocks or fish a couple fishes.

You don't need 4 players to complete these bounties anyways... And it's actually a smart tactic to pair up with friends with different goals to get things done faster. 

Like , often, when I mine or fish, I usually join a friend that does bounties so it's two birds one stone, and vice versa when he has to fish or mine. We also did bounty / eidolon groups a couple of time where two people do the bounties while the other two weaken and hopefully capture the eidolon... That's smart matchmaking and strategic time investment imho. 

Having four people facepalming a LVL 1 bounty serves no purpose, especially when all rewards asides from Gara parts are useless. I'm 100 percent ok with all three other players mining and fishing these missions. Why waste four people's time when a single person can do the task and the others are free to do something else.

In the end, at this point we all did these bounties a gazillion times solo , so I'm absolutely fine with people that want the rep but prefer to farm something else.

Yes, it doesn't need full 4 people to clean all bounties. But...would you mind giving me some of your grindings for exchange? Like Sentirum, Nyth, or Glappid?

Do it in your private games instead of public games.