The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Vote to kick, please!

iNew_Vexx

Dear DE,

I'm relative new on warframe, but have enough experience on mmo/online games to know one thing...group raids need a vote to kick system, in plains especially.

Lets start with plains bountys. 3 friends enter in one room of plains, start a bounty and waiting for a new player enter...the new player enter aaaaand...start to fishing.

The other stuffs. For a new player, i need a lot of credits, and i do a bunch of index, but its hard to find a full group to do this, then, when we have 3 we decide to start that anyway...one random player enter aaaaaand...dont move at all, or start dying a lot, or be afk...and this guys isnt kick..Why????

No one beg for a vote to kick yet guys? Or this is a common request and i dont know? 

(Please be nice)

No, it is easily abusable and used in improper situations, namely people not liking the frame someone brought, or their weapon, or because they dont use this or that ability more often, etc.

Please refer to the hundred topics before yours for more reasons as to why this is bad.

Edited by VadiseReikaz

There is "Friends only" and "Invite Only" squad setting
That basically turn your squad into a private squad, no random player can join

Which If you have only 3 people to go on a trip it is better keeping the last slot closed.

Vote kick is pretty useless, consider if you repeatedly have random players joining 
and you ends up vote kicking the whole time instead of doing the mission.

It has been suggested multiple times for POE, but going public on the plain is kind of pointless 
since people play not only for bounty, so you are going to end up with people with different agenda joining the mission.

Edited by Ada_Wong_SG

Common request and common response from the majority of the community that is better to NOT have a vote kick because it will be abused.
You have the options to recruit the players you want/need go with clan mates and friends. And you don't need 4 people to start a mission. Your friends could have done the mission.

We need kick button when you are hosting your own group, either when you are invite only or friends only ...

right now when you invite someone and he doesnt want to leave your only option is to disband and create new group, thats a real joke ...

2 hours ago, meristu said:

We need kick button when you are hosting your own group, either when you are invite only or friends only ...

IF this was only for the lobby/liset and not during the mission then it would be acceptable, such as before a mission is selected.

Vote kicking during missions or in public is a hard no.

Vote to kick option and host squad option would be the best. I cannot stand joining games with unstable connections and being a laggy mess, My connections excellent, let me choose to host not just try to spam 'wait for players' option before it joins a squad. If that mode was chosen, then the host should have the power to kick, the amount of times ive left the squad, only to re-invite 1 or 2 players is crazy.

My connection settings are also set to not join low latency games, yet it does anyway.

• 3 weeks later...

Yes please. The issue of leeching and afking keeps getting even worse. It also doesn't help when you get the random troll(s) trying to sabotage the entire mission in one way or another (i.e. trying to intentionally fail spy missions or a couple frosts placing a bunch of bubbles scattered throughout the map so people are forced to melee). There should be a party vote option to help weed out the growing number of problem players. I have been spending more time in private games than social taking a hit on affinity and drops in order actually being able to accomplish the mission/bounty. I can see some people fearing there would be cherry-picking for "more experienced" people, but I think a succinct and well-made tutorial in-game would help a lot of these people that haven't figured out certain facets of the game yet. I have only been in the game for a few months and the abuse of afking is unreal compared to many other online games.

The way missions work in warframe, it is highly recommended not to have vote kick option ever, especially during a mission. As others have mentioned in this thread, vote kicking is highly abuseable and I have seen this in many other games where vote kicking seems to be a sport even.

At the very least they need to have an idle kick time in public matches (don't think it is necessary for friends or private to have). Something where if you are idle for more than 2 minutes than the game should kick you. It is ridiculous that someone can be AFK for 5 or 10 minutes or even longer in a mission and still get credit. Sometimes I have quit a group that has half the members AFKing only to join another group that has a person or two that is AFKing as well. I tend to play in the late mornings and it seems prime time for this abuse. Games should always be about having fun and I personally loathe leeches mooching off of bounties when they aren't even playing them.

Edited by Darth_Revik_Liso