Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Valkyr Graxx cosplay

arborealkey

Only now found this thread, and... Dear OP: I'm really happy that you managed to turn your passion into a profession. Thats a big win for everyone: you get to do what you love, and everyone else gets to see more of your awesome work! 😀

Thanks for sharing your journey, Tenno. May it continue to lead you to where you want to be o7

Le 29/11/2018 à 21:10, Kalvorax a dit :

damn that is really impressive 😄

Thank you !

Le 29/11/2018 à 23:18, [DE]Bear a dit :

This is so freaking goooooodddd....

Thanks a lot !

Le 30/11/2018 à 02:38, definitelynotawarframe a dit :

That was so cool!

Thanks !

Le 30/11/2018 à 10:55, stoepfler a dit :

Only now found this thread, and... Dear OP: I'm really happy that you managed to turn your passion into a profession. Thats a big win for everyone: you get to do what you love, and everyone else gets to see more of your awesome work! 😀

Thanks for sharing your journey, Tenno. May it continue to lead you to where you want to be o7

Thanks a lot ! Valkyr is only a personnal project though, I don't make costumes for myself for a living, but rather commissions for others/companies.

Ok, now I know for sure that this helmet will be my doom. I clearly do not have the level to freehand that kind of thing, especially since I'm not working with a head replica. That's means I basically have to draw the shapes on a sheet of paper and expect it to look like something AND fit my head once assembled. Maybe I should have tried making a pep file out of the model, but I only needed the basic shape, not the details, and would have probably spent a lot of time "cleaning" the model to keep only what I wanted.

Anyway, I built a base helmet out of craft foam, it's only here to give me an idea of the shape and won't be visible on the finished product, that's why I didn't bother making clean seams. I prefer to warn you: it is not accurate. I simply cannot make it right with my current experience and tools. BUT...the next one will be better, after all that's how you learn, and damn I've been learining a lot of things thanks to Valkyr.

47368004-2181474592179211-46230238215557

If I were  building this for work, I would have just sculpted the damn thing, made a mold and then cast it. But I simply do not have that kind of budget for my own projects and that's why I rely on foam.

Now I'm going to make all the details of the head, and (I hope) it'll finally start to look like something.

Le 02/12/2018 à 21:21, (PS4)FunkyTown_76 a dit :

Wow, that's awesome. Can't wait to see how this progresses. Keep it up! You have some serious talent and persistence goin there.

Thank you ! Most of this is definitely new for me, so I've been learning a lot of stuff thanks to this.

Le 05/12/2018 à 05:09, (PS4)Burr1toNM a dit :

Take your time looking great! 

Thanks !

Le 05/12/2018 à 17:11, WaylanderG a dit :

OMG! What can i say? WOW!

Thank you !

I'm working a bit of the syandana these days. I am almost done with the fabric parts:

20181208-105537-1.jpg

Some of the diamond-shaped pieces are irregularly spaced, I'll do better next time.

And here are some of the ornaments going on top of it (I even worked on the back -on the right of the picture-, but I doubt it'll ever be visible).

20181207-192512-1.jpg

I'll try to finish all the "solid" parts of the syandana before going back to the rest of the outfit.

Gosh i am so excited by this. Valkyr graxx + cheetah helm is my goto for fashionframe. (plus valk is my fav frame to play)

All your pictures so far look amazing. I can't wait to see it finished, but even seeing it in progress fills my heart.

Keep up the good work!

Le 08/12/2018 à 21:31, Kalvorax a dit :

dang that is looking great 😄

Thanks !

Il y a 9 heures, Omnijack a dit :

Gosh i am so excited by this. Valkyr graxx + cheetah helm is my goto for fashionframe. (plus valk is my fav frame to play)

All your pictures so far look amazing. I can't wait to see it finished, but even seeing it in progress fills my heart.

Keep up the good work!

I think they surprisingly look good together, despite having totally different aesthetics. And thanks !

Il y a 9 heures, barretxiii a dit :

O_O

Holy crap!

Warframe cosplay never ceases to amaze!

I hope I won't disappoint. 

Il y a 1 heure, (PS4)Hasseo a dit :

The progress you are making is amazing keep it up!

Thank you !

The syandana is close (more or less) to completion. I have all of the ornaments, there is just a lot of carving left on some of the pieces:
20181210-104219.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Archived