Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How Nidus copes with so much hate XD (I mean the cyst)

chobi_exe

I saw some posts of complaints about nidus.

They don't like the infection/cyst on their neck.

Why not? You can get a helminth!

Well, I did freak out too when I first saw that cyst. But soon I felt like it's cool. I mean.. IT'S COOL!

Plus as a nidus lover, I could help others get a helminth charger! (they can KILL)

So.. yeah. It's purely my humble opinion. 

What do you guys think?

Edited by AyaHoneycomb

Just now, Suncake said:
1 minute ago, Mintaro said:

The first cyst was alright.

The 50th cyst ehhh...

It doesn't appear again when you remove it.

I think he meant with the other frames?

(wait so he has like 50 warframes =0=!!)

or maybe.. it was an expression of exaggeration?

Edited by AyaHoneycomb

11 minutes ago, AyaHoneycomb said:

On other frames but when you go from regular to prime that does influx the number of frames to have a cyst.

Just now, Mintaro said:
1 minute ago, AyaHoneycomb said:

On other frames but when you go from regular to prime that does influx the number of frames to have a cyst.

Ohhh so that's how it is. XD 

Lets be clear... IMO

Helminth is Trash

Death to Nidus

Death to All Infested

Death to all Sympathizers

You had and continue to have a choice

If you will choose to infect us all for cheap thrills or #stacks because you " don't think it's a big deal", think it "looks cool", got paid well or just like to see people suffer in game or out... May Life "Purify" You as well..

Being that

A) the "Helminth" wasn't designed and ready before the cyst recieved the rage of the tenno and there was no cure at first

B) It provides no buff or negative affect except annoying the actual players and attacking fashion frame.

C) The passive aggressive mood that had been developing betweeen the devs and players over "no endgame", "you sold out to chicken kingpins", "the operator is wack", "players are designing better skins, fire people and hire them", unwanted game type additions(archwing pvp), Nerfs and popular youtubers griefing

Followed by a refusal to remove it or progress that portion of the story no matter what, points me to ->

A) THIS IS A TROLL or

B) It did have a purpose, they got disheartened by the response and haven't decided what to do, so now we suffer everytime a new frame emerges or we break one out of storage

C) They decided to "break the 4th wall" and give the actual player a choice between standing for the overall mission against the Infested or d@mning us all for a few MR trinkets. 'Are you Heroic Savior or Selfish Mercenary Tenno?" is a theme across multiple NPC dialogs

Either way, due to it's apparent trollish leanings, affects on players grouping up, triggering people to take breaks when they could be playing and paying, making the thing we pay for (cosmetic appearance) repulsive to some and overall "a really big deal inside the story" that is being ignored as it continues... It was a bad idea

Plus it only highlights some BS that is NPC in warframe...

After fighting the infested for all this time :

A) Natah instructs us to save the myconians and build an infested frame... (Didn't do that quest so I don't know if there is an explaination or warning dialog)... some "people" do it

B) The cyst emerges, can't recall any real dialog or explaination.

C) The growth chamber magically can turn a drop of liquid  into a Helminth but we don't put random things into it otherwise to see if they grow into something actually cool

No dialog, no explaination.. we now just breed infested for fun.... uh WTF... some "people" do it

D) A whole section of our ship just happens to be unlocked by the cyst and be filled with infested elements... no explaintion, no real dialog.

E) Try and remove the cyst, boom in rushes the lunatic Ordis "NOOOOO!"

"NOOOOO! What!? Spit it out or I'll download you and spit you out into the void and crash this thing into the sun..." problem solved... endgame acheived

Any "suspense" is lost and annoyance has set in. The constant aloofness of "super ai" and the heroic leader / enemy sympathizer / child of our nemesis who convinced us to betray the orokin, is instructing us to spread the infection and destabilize the system has lost it's intrigue.

When they actually address it now, it'll most likely "dominoe" into more annoyance due to it's lingering so long building various expectations and the entrenching of Infested items as attainable making them difficult if not impossible to kill off, ever.

It removes speculation and hope that we triumph, the infested will be here as long as the items are... What then, is the point? Harassing grunts? Cutting into the Corpus bottom line causing them to exploit more? Bullying injured Eidolon until it's revealed Hunhow powered them with the souls of our parents /s?

The Narrative just seems to have taken a hard turn from Heroes to Toxic Capitalistic Zeroes of the galaxy in a heartbeat.

Luckily we can now "take a break" and fish or mine instead of just being done for a while.

If Framing the pointlessness of War was the meta message... 10/10

14 minutes ago, (PS4)BattleCry1791 said:

Yeah, have you ever noticed when you see or post whimsically on "game logic" on this board that some "lore galore" folks run to the post and take it wayyyyyyy too seriously?  

True story

Being Whimsical affects people like everything else, "Joking" or just having fun at the expense of others encourages continued trolling when players have made it clear it really affects them. Numerous Times

OP asked for opinion and recieved.

If your opinion "is a joke", that's your problem, the cyst and it's bringer is ours

Edited by OfPowerOfWant