The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Equip Secondary weapons in Primary slots

SecretPhosphorus

I think it could be good to change the weapon equipping so that instead of one primary, one secondary, and one melee you can choose to put a "secondary" classification weapon in the primary slot. This would result in, for example, Lex and Twin Grakatas able to be used in the same mission (along with a melee). I think that added variety would be beneficial to the overall game by adding to the possible weapon loadouts to experiment with!

Forgive me if it's already been brought up, but I think it could be beneficial to the game.

19 minutes ago, Bweer said:

I think it could be good to change the weapon equipping so that instead of one primary, one secondary, and one melee you can choose to put a "secondary" classification weapon in the primary slot. This would result in, for example, Lex and Twin Grakatas able to be used in the same mission (along with a melee). I think that added variety would be beneficial to the overall game by adding to the possible weapon loadouts to experiment with!

Forgive me if it's already been brought up, but I think it could be beneficial to the game.

I disagree, would be unbalanced.

46 minutes ago, (PS4)big_eviljak said:

I disagree, would be unbalanced.

Yes because there aren't broken primaries. This would change nothing but allow two secondaries (not to mention the abhorrent swap speed). 

Also I agree with the first post... why is this not just a waste of development resources?

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Chris_Robet said:

Yes because there aren't broken primaries. This would change nothing but allow two secondaries (not to mention the abhorrent swap speed). 

Also I agree with the first post... why is this not just a waste of development resources?

because you need so much resources to develop this feature

Just now, Cicasajt said:

because you need so much resources to develop this feature

Yes actually. They'd need to create several extra holster styles for the secondaries or else they'd clip through each other and look like a mess. You'd have to sift through the code to find where the Arsenal allows weapon equip spots (not an easy task as sounds) then you have to make an interface so that the hundred or so secondaries aren't just dumped into the primary weapon selection (it would be harder to navigate with a hundred of extra weapons in there), you'd then have to fix the conflict of having multiple secondaries with the dual wield (melee+secondary dual wield that is) weapons, and several other things I can't think of off the top of my head. So yes it does require significant resources.

4 minutes ago, (PS4)Chris_Robet said:

Yes actually. They'd need to create several extra holster styles for the secondaries or else they'd clip through each other and look like a mess. You'd have to sift through the code to find where the Arsenal allows weapon equip spots (not an easy task as sounds) then you have to make an interface so that the hundred or so secondaries aren't just dumped into the primary weapon selection (it would be harder to navigate with a hundred of extra weapons in there), you'd then have to fix the conflict of having multiple secondaries with the dual wield (melee+secondary dual wield that is) weapons, and several other things I can't think of off the top of my head. So yes it does require significant resources.

the secondaries equipped on the primary slot would not be visible

weapon selection is already something done. they just need a button so we have acces to secondaries in a new tab(ofc this needs some coding and stuff but if its your job you can do it...)

dont see any problem with dual vielding. you would just dual vield with whichever sencondary you have equipped

several other things lol. requires minimal effort

Edited by Cicasajt

38 minutes ago, Cicasajt said:

the secondaries equipped on the primary slot would not be visible

This isn't acceptable for fashionframe and when it comes to that DE never half assed stuff.

weapon selection is already something done. they just need a button so we have acces to secondaries in a new tab(ofc this needs some coding and stuff but if its your job you can do it...)

Not as easy as you think and yes someone would be needed to code it in which takes time and resources. If you've taken a basic coding class you can understand the amount of time it would take.

dont see any problem with dual vielding. you would just dual vield with whichever sencondary you have equipped

That is a potential solution but if this became a feature people would want to be able to switch.

several other things lol. requires minimal effort

Yes several other things (I don't produce video games so I'm not aware of everything that is needed) and I'm sure the rest would require more effort.

4 minutes ago, (PS4)Chris_Robet said:

This isn't acceptable for fashionframe and when it comes to that DE never half assed stuff.

Not as easy as you think and yes someone would be needed to code it in which takes time and resources. If you've taken a basic coding class you can understand the amount of time it would take.

That is a potential solution but if this became a feature people would want to be able to switch.

Yes several other things (I don't produce video games so I'm not aware of everything that is needed) and I'm sure the rest would require more effort.

-jesus christ... stop acting like you are some kind of resource manager at DE. they are releasing new features and fixes all the time. this would take like a day to make.

-not as hard as you think. especially compared to the rest of the stuff they do

-solution? thats just how it would work without touching anything. want to be able to switch what? you are talking nonsense

-yes, im sure that those several things dont exist. so now what? wanna argue about nonexistent things too?

2 hours ago, Cicasajt said:

-jesus christ... stop acting like you are some kind of resource manager at DE. they are releasing new features and fixes all the time. this would take like a day to make.

-solution? thats just how it would work without touching anything. want to be able to switch what? you are talking nonsense

-yes, im sure that those several things dont exist. so now what? wanna argue about nonexistent things too?

You might have had a point before you went and claimed how easy something would be for a developer (you don't work at) to change code (you've never seen).

3 hours ago, Cicasajt said:

found the person who doesn't code

I think theres a bit of a balancing problem with this idea. Most secondaries have unique quirks that give them situational utility. Having two of them at once might be a little OP. For example, i have an insane triple-element Kulstar build. If i could pair that with Pandero or another precision weapon, it could be a little nuts. Of course neither of these weapons are in the "META". Imagine if one could wield AkLex and Sonicor. 

Well, if such a feature would be possible, we'd need mods to fill both weapons from the Secondary category.

As an example, how Sentinel Weapons work, so place the Sweeper Prime and the Veykor Hek on a Loadout, mods get reserved and the player would need duplicates to fill out the two builds. So be like Primed Pressure Point on the Hek and regular Pressure Point on Sweeper.

So, something like this could be plausible to explore, the thing is this would likely stay on a back burner though.

I suggest this should be a mod. Once the mod is equipped, the weapon is moved to the primary list in your inventory provided you have space. Costing a mod slot would be fair balance imo, because it would still allow you to run Marelok and AkLex Prime at the same time, for example.

On 12/9/2017 at 9:15 PM, ACULonSeer said:

I suggest this should be a mod. Once the mod is equipped, the weapon is moved to the primary list in your inventory provided you have space. Costing a mod slot would be fair balance imo, because it would still allow you to run Marelok and AkLex Prime at the same time, for example.

I think that's a wonderful way to balance it, if it ever becomes an issue.

Honestly, I didn't really think about most of the technical difficulties with implementing such a feature. I thought more about wanting to use the Detron Mara and Despair simultaneously! I can see how it might be quite difficult to balance (or implement) well, and I hadn't thought of the holstering issue since I was only thinking about the Detron and Despair! Ammo pickups could be problematic too, which is another thing I hadn't thought of!

On 2017/12/10 at 9:26 PM, Ada_Wong_SG said:

I suppose the 2 secondary weapons would require 2 set of mods to work, that is if 
the 2 weapons uses 2 copies of Hornet Strike when equipped simultaneously.

possible alternate holster positions

st25t-coyote-tan-double-dual-draw-airsof

1010f0ae7a95f8d2fcac8fd4ea630bf0.jpg

I prefer this.

p6CVpqCYkaWY.jpg