Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chroma turns Eidolon fights into a bad joke

(PSN)SlyFox5679

I was in a couple groups this morning with some random chroma and another one the group after both of them turned the eidolon into a bad joke it was dead so quick.

is this what the dev's wanted for this boss fight that one frame with the right weapons can pretty much solo it ?

please don't respond that if i don't like it don't use chroma or play with it because thats just stupid to even say to anyone that disputes something that destroys any challenge.

1 minute ago, (PS4)SlyFox5679 said:

I was in a couple groups this morning with some random chroma and another one the group after both of them turned the eidolon into a bad joke it was dead so quick.

is this what the dev's wanted for this boss fight that one frame with the right weapons can pretty much solo it ?

please don't respond that if i don't like it don't use chroma or play with it because thats just stupid to even say to anyone that disputes something that destroys any challenge.

Dude, it's.. It's Chroma we're talking about. He can solo a lot of things.

It's odd to design a choice player's can use that trivializes content to the point of nearly invalidating other choices.  I'm guessing this isn't actually the intended design of Chroma, and that the devs will address this within the next year before Chroma's priming.

Edited by (PS4)Unstar

To be 100% honest the ability to have chroma do massive damage is needed on the teralyst for me and many others, that things tough and you only get 50 minutes to fight it, and if you actaully plan on ranking up in the quills in a reasonable time quick tera farming is a must, last i tried i could do 2 a night, others can do 4 or 5 and its needed its fine just the way it is, not everyone can devote hour and hours to this game

3 hours ago, (PS4)haseo_the_adept said:

To be 100% honest the ability to have chroma do massive damage is needed on the teralyst for me and many others, that things tough and you only get 50 minutes to fight it, and if you actaully plan on ranking up in the quills in a reasonable time quick tera farming is a must, last i tried i could do 2 a night, others can do 4 or 5 and its needed its fine just the way it is, not everyone can devote hour and hours to this game

I agree with your implied premise that ranking up in the Quills is a painful slog.  But a single drastically imbalanced frame isn't a real solution to that problem, it's just a bandaid that in itself is a different problem.

These are both issues, and I hope DE addresses them both.

5 hours ago, (PS4)Unstar said:

It's odd to design a choice player's can use that trivializes content to the point of nearly invalidating other choices.  I'm guessing this isn't actually the intended design of Chroma, and that the devs will address this within the next year before Chroma's priming.

loki trivializes stuff before all that jazz

On 12/12/2017 at 7:53 AM, (PS4)MaKTaiL said:

If you plan on killing more than one Teralyst every night Chroma is a must. He finally found his true purpose, don't take that away from him.

Actually, there are other ways to quickly and efficiently kill the Eidolon.  It's just that Chroma is the most efficient.

On 12/11/2017 at 10:23 AM, (PS4)SlyFox5679 said:

Was just about to make a topic on this. I like to play solo. "But eidolons are supposed to killed in groups man!". Yes i get that, but I prefer to play warframe solo. This design choice has made it so that you have NO choice on who you need to take if you are hoping to kill 2 eidolons in 1 night. Yes there is rhino with roar and iron skin, volt with his shield damage buff, etc...but I like playing as atlas (I wish atlas landslide could damage the synovia ),excal, loki, and frost. All that those frames represent in the eidolon fight are arms to carry my 7 forma rubico.  

The biggest problem with this: the eidolon boss design stifles almost all player creativity and FORCES players into using 1 frame in order to be efficient. The beauty of warframe has always been the CHOICE you have on how you dispatch enemies. Right now there is only 1 option, and that's chroma

From my point of view i have only 4 candidates among my frames: Oberon, Titania and Chroma.

• Oberon: heals and buff allies radiation damage, aura polarity is Madurai (dead eye or rifle amp)
  • Titania: good position and damage using razorwing , Madurai aura
  • Chroma: hig armour, self buff to damage and Madurai aura
  • Nova: antimatter drop Aoe radiation damage , Naramon aura (Corrosive projection)

Actually i always use Titania in Poe.

I can make a list using ready to claim frames in my foundry:

• Rhino: hig armour, squad buff to damage and Madurai aura
  • Nyx: can absorb a lot of damage and deal it back as Aoe, probably hitting multiple weakpoints, Naramon aura

To add some frame i don't have i would say

• Octavia: amp boosts squad damage , Naramon aura
  • Harrow: covenant boosts squad  critical chance, Naramon aura

I think Teralyst should have one more weakness (like status or debuff) and one more debuff.

4 hours ago, (PS4)drpunk-yo said:

I kinda struggle with why anyone would be like "Waaaaaaaah, I wanted to spend an hour shooting this dude. You rotters!" instead of "Wowsers, this is gonna be a decent core farm, thanks dudes!".

No one wants to spend an hour alternating between plinking away with the doperator's amp and their frame's weapon. There's a huge difference between that this 4 minute affair we have presently though.

Also, I really don't care about farming cores, there's a finite amount that are needed, and there's an even smaller subset needed for the things I even remotely care about. I'd like a fight that is engaging and fun that will make me want to keep doing it even after I've obtained all the "rewards".

2 hours ago, (PS4)Elvenbane said:

No one wants to spend an hour alternating between plinking away with the doperator's amp and their frame's weapon. There's a huge difference between that this 4 minute affair we have presently though.

Also, I really don't care about farming cores, there's a finite amount that are needed, and there's an even smaller subset needed for the things I even remotely care about. I'd like a fight that is engaging and fun that will make me want to keep doing it even after I've obtained all the "rewards".

Brilliant Eidolon Shard is what you want to farm lots of in the end.

1 hour ago, (PS4)MaKTaiL said:

Brilliant Eidolon Shard is what you want to farm lots of in the end.

I'm happy with what I was able to unlock with my points from Focus 1.0, so I'm good.

Devstream showed 2 new Eidolons, hopefully they are different enough to make for a fun fight on occasion, that's all I want, I won't be farming cores or focus.

On 12/11/2017 at 7:02 PM, (PS4)haseo_the_adept said:

that's weird because my clan we beat it a few times a night without chroma being used, but some of us use sniper rifles

On 12/15/2017 at 5:45 AM, (PS4)luxrays_ said:

From my point of view i have only 4 candidates among my frames: Oberon, Titania and Chroma.

• Oberon: heals and buff allies radiation damage, aura polarity is Madurai (dead eye or rifle amp)
  • Titania: good position and damage using razorwing , Madurai aura
  • Chroma: hig armour, self buff to damage and Madurai aura
  • Nova: antimatter drop Aoe radiation damage , Naramon aura (Corrosive projection)

Actually i always use Titania in Poe.

I can make a list using ready to claim frames in my foundry:

• Rhino: hig armour, squad buff to damage and Madurai aura
  • Nyx: can absorb a lot of damage and deal it back as Aoe, probably hitting multiple weakpoints, Naramon aura

To add some frame i don't have i would say

• Octavia: amp boosts squad damage , Naramon aura
  • Harrow: covenant boosts squad  critical chance, Naramon aura

I think Teralyst should have one more weakness (like status or debuff) and one more debuff.

I use Harrow covenant+vectis prime w/dead aim+riven and i do pretty good damage including 18-20k red crits on head 

22 hours ago, (PS4)HarryMuff said:

When you beat something the first time, it's fun, interesting, enjoyable. When you have to do it over and over just to move forward, it's a chore.

Sounds like you may have never played a game with good repeatable boss fights.  There are some fights that just get more interesting and more engaging the more you do them.  But yeah, you won't find any of them in Warframe.

On 12/15/2017 at 5:40 AM, (PS4)drpunk-yo said:

I kinda struggle with why anyone would be like "Waaaaaaaah, I wanted to spend an hour shooting this dude. You rotters!" instead of "Wowsers, this is gonna be a decent core farm, thanks dudes!".

I think the reason you're struggling is because you're willfully misrepresenting what these people are saying.  If trying to understand others is the Teralyst, listening and getting past your own biases will be your Chroma + Trinity team. ;)